[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Okay so anyone have any thoughts on how Ancestral Call is going to fit in if at all? Rory mentioned a bit on how it's going to work, but personally I'm just gonna have to see it in action.
"
noobskater87 escribió:
I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, but I was not able to find it in the forms.
For the Flickerstrike gems you list 7 gems and it gets confusing on which ones to use.
Long story short which 6 gems should I use with the the melee splash from the slayer passive?

That is quite up to your taste and weapon and skillbuild used.
The gems Korgoth listens are in order of importance , so you shouldnt have a hard time getting your setup. If you go Slayer or Champion you just have 6 Gems to go.

Flicker strike +
Multistrike +
Melee Splash(only if NOT Slayer) +
Melee physical damage +
Fortify(only if NOT champion - can be ditched for more clearspeed) +
Melee Physical Damage on Full life +
Ruthless

I prefer to go only physical damage, which results in a different item and gem build, but has almost the same tree (assuming you became Slayer):

Flicker strike +
Multistrike +
Melee physical damage +
Brutality +
Maim support +
Melee Damage on Full Life.

As you can see the first 3 gems (Flicker, Multi, Meleephys) are mandatory. The rest is up to taste, while Korgoths setup is great as a go-to solution if you dont have an opinion on your own yet.

Hi i played in harbringer i want to try this build next league is this build a viable/good/ideal to be my starter in 3.1?
"
rustythrowa escribió:
Hi i played in harbringer i want to try this build next league is this build a viable/good/ideal to be my starter in 3.1?

This build can be played as a starter, I do it almost any season myself.

I guess the recent change to Slayer/Vaal pact as well as Vulnerability may result in changes though.
Well the "possible" changes i see so far is perhaps the inclusion of Vaal Pact, though would it be worth it considering the loss of your life regen is something that i'm not sure about ... yet. Other than ... it is of course possible that new gear options would be available with the new uniques and shape/elder items but we'll see about that when we actually know the what the new gear has to offer. Besides that the build remains pretty much unchanged.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 6 dic. 2017 12:47:24
Anyone tried using the ancestral call gem with this build? It seems promising for faster aoe clear. Not sure if worth sacrifacing fortify tho.
"
divineself escribió:
Anyone tried using the ancestral call gem with this build? It seems promising for faster aoe clear. Not sure if worth sacrifacing fortify tho.

Want to see that, anyone now if someone is working on something?
Currently on my first time with flicker and I tried out ancestral call. I didn't like it and used a more damage support instead. I think flicker never has problems clearing packs and ancestral call isn't necessary. In some cases it can help against single target but what usually happens for me is that the rare is all alone and the clones can't appear.
ABOUT 3.1
I'll hopefully update the guide this weekend (sorry for the delay but it was a busy week for me), for now let me just mention the changes (and there aren't that many) with a few words about them:
Ancestral Call - Extra speed for general Mapping, harder time in Boss Fights. You could switch gems of course if that doesn't bother you
Vaal Pact - The now changed Vaal Pact (alongside its closer location) combined with the Slayer class is something to be considered. While you don't have a life regen before your first attack (and thus you loose life due to Blood Rage) after your first monster pact the overleech will carry you from pack to pack until you clear the map. I'd say it's worth it.
At this point i'd say that the Belly of the beast and Kaom's Heart are the best options when it comes to your chest piece. If you play in Abyss i would really suggest the Belly due to the flat life Abyss jewels

If you play in Abyss i must say that the new abyss uniques are incredible for the build. I haven't got to test them in a flicker build as i'm not currently playing one in Abyss but without a doubt many of them combined with the abyss jewels have their place in the build:
Lightpoacher - frequent 5% life recovery + abyss jewel socket + some res
Darkness Enthorned - Pretty much the best belt you can get IF you have 2 good abyss jewels
Bubonic Trail - % life + abyss sockets + 10% per abyss jewel type that affects you and death walk (which i'm pretty sure that doesn't work when you flicker but only when you run around ... still a cool visual)
Tombfist - %life + attack speed + abyss jewel socket + 10% damage multiplier due to intimidate All of these items work well with the build (be it all of them or just 1 or 2) and are a good choice (if not the best in some cases) considering the power that the abyss jewels can bring.

Abyss jewels - i'd say the best combination would be Physical damage to axe attacks, physical damage to attacks, maximum life and resistances. Now let's say that you have Darkness Enthroned (2 sockets + 50% jewel efficacy so basically 3 sockets in this example as all jewels are the same) + 2 socket Bubonic Trail, Tombfist and Lightpoacher and 4 tree sockets for a total of 13 abyss jewel sockets, now lets say that you have 13 perfect Abyss jewels with 13-20 physical damage, 50 life and 10% all resistances so that's a total of 169-260 physical damage, +650 maximum life and 130% to all resistances! Of course having such a gear is pretty much impossible but i hope that you get the idea!

Shaper/Elder items - the mods that the Shaper and Elder items provide can lead to insanely powerful gear. They can have things like: frenzy/endurance charges on kill, maximum frenzy charges, built-in support gems, extra elemental damage based on your physical damage, melee damage, % max life and so on. You could end up with some crazy items but don't expect them to be cheap because they won't be.

Two-handed Summary
Overall it is a great patch for the build as it provides new gear options (Especially in Abyss) which can increse your power significantly if you manage to acquire them. The ancestrall call is a fun new support gem option though its place in your gem setup is questionable. Vaal Pact actually becomes a viable option for your Slayer Flicker Striker.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Can i use this as first build on first character with no currency, just to do low level maps or not high end things, till i get enought currency/items?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional