[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

"
sdasff escribió:
How can I defeat Kitava with this build?

Any boss can either be killed with using frenzy and then "flicker your charges off" => repaet
Or you switch flicker strike for another attack into your max link setup: Frenzy, Double strike, Viper strike etc etc... Whatever suits you.

At the end of the day it is still a "normal" build with tons of life, damage and dodge chance.
"
Ezrael49 escribió:
"
sdasff escribió:
How can I defeat Kitava with this build?

Any boss can either be killed with using frenzy and then "flicker your charges off" => repaet
Or you switch flicker strike for another attack into your max link setup: Frenzy, Double strike, Viper strike etc etc... Whatever suits you.

At the end of the day it is still a "normal" build with tons of life, damage and dodge chance.

I agree with all of this plus I found that Ancestral Warchief helped a good deal on Kitava. I'd put the totem down and run around during some of Kitava's damage effects. Also make sure you have the Bane of Legends ascendancy for the 20% cull. With the new boss life this has to be one of the biggest difference makers as an ascendancy.

This was the first (of three) characters that I did act 10 Kitava deathless at level 70 or less.
"
Overmasterr escribió:
Anyone got an idea on how to make this work with Starforge? Thanks :)

Hey, I played two-handed flicker exclusively this league. I switched from Disfavour to Starforge mid league, just to see how it would play and I've got to say Starforge has its benefits.

The setup I used was 6L Flicker + Melee Physical damage + Multistrike + Brutality + Maim + Melee Splash. I chose not to take slayer's melee splash, 'cause the skill gem itself gives more damage, plus I find both Brutal Fervour and Headsman too good to pass.

Going Starforge+Brutality makes you unable to deal chaos and elemental damage, but I think the shock capability and pure physical damage stacking makes up for the lost ele+chaos damage.

So this is what you get by using Starforge+Brutality:

-Mana reserved can be used for Arctic Armor + Poacher's Mark + one of the purity auras with Enlighten,
or
if you wear Blood Dance boots, you can drop Poacher's and go for arctic armor + haste or grace.

TBH not much to gain from the extra free mana, haste and grace don't make a big difference, BUT you could instead go for Cospri's Will body armor and run a dual curse.

-Physical damage can shock. You need at least 20% "chance to shock" from gear to make this work. I achieved that number from labyrinth boots enchant and 3 jewels.
Spoiler

-Many choices on flasks. Because Taste of Hate and Atziri's Promise are useless with Starforge+Brutality, the only damage flask I used was a Lion's Roar, which freed up room for more defensive flasks. I used:
Spoiler
Whenever I poped all of these I was truly untouchable, in fact this was the league with the least deaths I ever had playing flicker (the changes to volatile helped a bit on that too).

-"Physical reflect" on maps of course is out of the question, even with Headsman and the new Pantheon power, you will kill yourself extremely fast. "Physical damage reduction" mod on the other hand didn't feel as bad as I thought it would, maybe the shock helps.

I think Starforge + Brutality is a good alternative to Disfavour/good rare axe + hatred + Atziri's Promise + Taste of Hate. They both feel viable from my experience.

PS: As you can see my gear is nowhere near as good as it could be, yet I could do up to corrupted guardians with no problem (didn't try Shaper):
Spoiler

Also passive tree at level 95:
Editado por útlima vez por Vasilas en 26 ago. 2017 17:45:08
Is there a PoB link for this build somewhere that I'm missing or is there not one?
looking to switch back to this in 3.0 strictly for the map clear speed, anyone happen to have any thoughts?
"
You should start using Flicker strike the moment you can generate enough frenzy charges to sustain the constant use of flicker strike.

Can you give an idea of when that becomes possible?
"
0sync0 escribió:
"
You should start using Flicker strike the moment you can generate enough frenzy charges to sustain the constant use of flicker strike.

With lvl 38 (multistrike) it shouldnt be a problem anymore.
Counting in bloodrage and blasphemy+Poachers mark ofc.

I usually start flickering after killing Malachai.
"
0sync0 escribió:
"

You need Flicker+Multistrike+Melee Splash (skill gem or ascendancy splash) combo, highly recommended is Melee Physical Damage, at that point you should be able to easily get a 4-Link.

You will need a mana potion, mana leech is not going to help until much later.

Lastly you will need Bloodrage to be active and hit enemies with the Frenzy attack skill gem, otherwise you won't be getting any frenzy charges and you will be dead in the water.

Don't expect to sustain frenzy charges though, you will be using Frenzy attack very often along with flicker strike, but Warchief totem can help there and you will be killing stuff fast enough, as long as you always keep a decent melee weapon.
Editado por útlima vez por Vasilas en 29 ago. 2017 11:05:17
"
Vasilas escribió:

Don't expect to sustain frenzy charges though

Why did you leave out Poacher's Mark/Blasphemy? That should be enough with Blood Rage to sustain frenzy charges.
Since the extra acts from the expansion give you a bunch of extra skill points, will there be an update on this build'(s) skill tree section? I've been running it since the league started and it's been going pretty good, but I will run out of skill tree path to follow by the time I reach lvl 80.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional