[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Thanks for the post Severage, keep them coming ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Update 2:

I'll show my gear and skill tree in this post only. I'll edit this post or create a new post about the sword and how it worked out so far. Btw, im lvl 68 now and have every important item equipped except the shield.

Spoiler

+ A shield for the very strong bosses where i switch from the sword to the shield.

For now I have only this shield but i'll exchange it for Lioneye's Remorse.

The skill tree I'm going for is here

I had to change it in some aspects because i cant use a shield as main item.

Thank you KorgothBG for your initial skill tree, it helped me a lot, as well as for all the equipment parts I could use and the skill gems.

If anyone has any improvements for the skill tree or specific items/jewels/skill gems or be it tips, I would appreciate it.

And as said, I'll make an update post about the Sword and how it worked out so far later the day or tomorrow.

Edit:

Yeah the weapon itself is definitely lacking of damage. I've 17.000 damage difference between Facebreaker and the sword with 7 Frenzy charges.
But the sword is really very good for farming purposes and Rampage is giving a lot of clearspeed with its effect and the additional % Movementspeed. When I use Quicksilver + Phase Run and Rampage on, I'm around 140% + movementspeed. Thats pretty fast and I'm almost everytime over 100 Kills with Rampage active. I've run several maps to see how good it really works out and its pretty good. I can clear whole maps within a few minutes.
The Manifest Dancing Dervish is immune to damage of any kind, be it corrupted blood, reflect damage or any kind of elemental damage and it will stay as long as Rampage is running.
Additionally, I killed almost every map boss with the sword, even though i deal half the damage with the sowrd equipped, but the around 6 APS are nice. I had some problems with the sword at the boss on Academy map, because the life leech just wasnt enough to counteract the whirls. And I have to unequip the sword or change to shield while fighting against very strong bosses like Izaro.
I'll try it out against Atziri later on with a higher level.

Besides, with Rampage, Onslaught, 7 Frenzy charges and 3 (4 on higher level) Endurance Charges I can facetank everything plus being very fast in movement and attacks. Even though I'm wearing:

But I dont lose any Endurance charges, and if I do, they're very fast on maximum Endurance charges again.
Onslaught is permanently on because of the 20% Chance to get Onslaught on Kill from the Raider Ascendancy class and the Armour.
Rampage is also almost permanently on because of the benefits from Rampage itself, Onslaught and Quicksilver Flask plus Phase Run. It gives so much movementspeed that you can get to the next monsterpack within the time limit of Rampage. Additionally to that, Phase Run is running 14 Seconds (If I remember right) with 7 Frenzy Charges. So at the end, lots of movementspeed for a very high clearspeed in maps.

Conclusion:
The sword is very promising while farming and clearing maps because of Rampage and its benefits. The Manifest Dancing Dervish can deal with weak monsters and strong monsters which helps to reset the timer of Rampage. Every buff is always up, be it Onslaught, Endurance Charges or Rampage. The sword is indeed a very strong Item, but with a few weaknesses against very strong bosses.

Edit2:

And I'm still thinking about which support gems are the best to use in the sword.
The Manifest Dancing Dervish is only affected by support gems and it doesn't have to be linked to work.
Editado por útlima vez por Severage en 11 jun. 2016 10:51:14
Hi KorgothBG!
Thank you for great support!

One question about new unique ring in prophecy:
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voidheart
What do you think about usability of voidheart for FB builds?

Cheers!
Well it is nice , it will net lower tooltip dps ( due to lower amounts of flat phys damage ), it has low life and no resists but the poison and bleeding are nice.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey ya'll. I have been playing FB for years, and I have to say... we have never had such an incredible clear speed option available to us as what shield charge has become in 2.3. It is just so, so good with solid gear and slayer + stacked aoe.

Had 3x gorge in my stash and ran them with new setup... here is the best of 3. Clear in 1:23 (5 left)!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOckq3KiM4g

I am surprised at how well it's scaling to higher maps too. I have a shipyard clear in 2:20, and some crazy times on higher maps too. :)
Absolutely!
When i finally get 36 completed challenges in prophecy i'll hop back to standart, start playing around shield charge and finally put some new info in this guide ( ETA sometime next week ). I'm sorry about the delay ( blame the god damn monkey! )
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 17 jun. 2016 2:09:26
"
Severage escribió:
Onslaught is permanently on because of the 20% Chance to get Onslaught on Kill from the Raider Ascendancy class and the Armour.

You also have permanent Onslaught as long as the Dervish is manifested. It only says so in the tooltip for Manifest on the Character screen and not on the weapon itself, so in my eyes Dervish kinda devalues any Onslaught triggers, especially those on-kill ones (which are only useful/relevant for those 20-kill periods between rampages).

I currently plan rolling a Dervish build myself, probably going Raider as well, because even though the 20% onslaught on Kill is kinda wasted, almost permanent uptime of Phasing, Onslaught and Avatars of Chase and Veil seems like such a massive defense boost that it excuses being truly unarmed.
I will probably end up using Facebreakers, although I will at least try out Doryanis Fist with Dervish. My own damage with it will probably be abysmal compared to FB, but I've been itching to use it since it came out.
KorgothBG this build and guide is amazing, I've never imagined FB full potential!

Gotta love my screen exploding everytime I one-hit-clear mobs!
Thank you so much!

I have some doubts:
- Is Lightning Coil a good way to evade the Abyssus increased damage taken drawback?
- Is Wall of Brambles Plate Vest a good equip, or the +3 flat phy damage isn't worth the lower bonuses (life, etc)?
- How Abyssus increased damage taken affects my character: on phy damage absorption increased by armor or its calculated after the reductions?
ex:
Spoiler
I mean, let's suppose I have about 60% phy reduction, I'll take 40% phy damage, right?.

So, iIf I wear Abyssus, my damage taken becomes 56%? (40% increase - from abyssus - on 40% damage taken, 1,4*40 = 56%

Or my armour absorption is 60% and reducted by 40% - from abyssus - becoming 24%?

Hope I've been clear!
-

Mi o sutete koso ukabu se mo aru
Well about your abyssus question - read the 31 tip in the guide.
tl;dr the increased damage from abyssus isn't really a big deal when you have layered defenses.
Hi, is the standard passive tree listed on this guide applicable to the shield charge facebreaker variant? Thanks in advance!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional