[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

What do you think if it's going to be possible as first character in the new league?
Usually yes, it is, though you would have to play a generic melee guy until you get at least the gloves and the meginord's girdle. Many players told me that they play FB build as their first in new leagues due to the rather low cost of the end-gear compared to the results it produces. But again i must also point out and warn you that the build has specific items required even to start playing it, items that quickly become extremely cheap but in the first week of a league they are still expensive, so keep that in mind.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh, alright then, we could instead use the Darkray Vectors for some lightning resistance, more movespeed, more frenzy charges then? Blood Rage and the frenzy charge chance per kill probably offset the reduced duration since we'll be getting charges really fast.

BTW how are you getting to 6 charges without heavy passive investment?, I'm assuming we skip the one in the Shadow part of the tree and get the Ranger and Duelist ones, which leaves us at 5, am I missing something?.
3 base frenzy charges
1 frenzy charge from the merciless bandit quest
1 frenzy charge from the Raider sub-class
1 frenzy charge from the rainger or duelist area ( 3 passive points per each of those )

So to be more precise you get 5 charges without any investment and 6/7 charges with 3/6 passive skill points investment.

The darkray vectors are ... ok in most cases, the drawback from my experience is that in longer boss fights your charges will expire and that will severely cripple your movement speed. I would still go for a tri-res + life + 30% ms rare boots but don't get me wrong that doesn't mean that the vectors or the blood dance are plain bad.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Though it'd be possible to offset this drawback by using Frenzy (the attack) when fighting against bosses, we'd have to run a dps comparison between 7 stacks cyclone and 7 stacks frenzy to see how they measure up, and still switch to cyclone anyways when clearing (And I've heard you HATE swapping gems).
Yeah i'm not into swapping, furthermore frenzy is .. pretty meh at best. The ability to attack while moving is what makes cyclone superior and the reason why 50% of the melee builds use cyclone up to this day. You could use frenzy as a support skill to perform a hit before the charges expire though. And in the end real testing is required, the duration might be enough ( given that the Raider class boosts that duration with 36% ). The drawback of the vectors is the lack of speed without charges and the lack of life combined with only lightning res, but the +1 frenzy charge is nice and the dodge per charge is really good. So yeah ... test it out, see if it feels right and act accordingly :)
What would you recommend leveling with? As cleave very soon tends to be doing basically no damage.
I assume you mean leveling until you get the needed gear.
Well ... you could go for any aoe melee skills really. Personally i prefer ground slam, some like reave or ice crash and now with the introduction of sunder and earthquake those too look nice. But to be honest here ... up to say merciless does it really matter what you'll use? Hell to that point anyone can faceroll with one hand behind their backs while finishing his/hers 4th bottle of scotch. In short ... pick whatever AoE melee attack you like :)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 4 mar. 2016 9:25:56
"Is "versatile combanant" Gladiator node completely converting all your melee/ranged attack block chance to spell block or giving you spell block equal to your attack block chance?"

Ans: Yes.

I just googled the versatile for that info and didnt find anything as an answer. Now, your thread gave it to me. So i simply commented versatile combanant for other people who searching for this answer and dont want to read full thread.

Ty so much for your infos.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
Editado por útlima vez por Jideament en 4 mar. 2016 10:27:22
It gives you spell block equal to your regular block.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 4 mar. 2016 10:25:54

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional