[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

@xSJx
Ah many sorry to hear that you've got ripped off ... next time check if you can add another suffix (or if all 3 slots are taken .. in this case the life regen is the third suffix ) before buying.
And btw the first boots are not that bad.

@unlucky_child
From most important to least important ( in my opinion ) :
Block ( because block is the most overpowered defensive mechanic in PoE )
Armour ( because your shield IS your biggest armour contributor )
Life ( it's life ... do i need to explain )
resists ( you can cap and even overcap your resistances with a shield with resists thus it is not needed, but if you can cap your resists without it is a life saver, and having resists on your shield makes getting cheaper rings easier )
flat phys ( the flat phys is nice but it's simply not needed, you get more than enough flat physical damage from your amulet, helmet, rings and belt, it's just that everything listed above is more useful )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 20 ene. 2016 11:51:51
Yeah I didn't think lol, only counted that there wasn't 6 affixes. No worries, my bad. There are actually a lot of similar dual res boots for 15c or so, I can just sell these and lose a few chaos.

I'm about to do the bandit quest in cruel, which one should I take?
Well Kraytin or Oak ... Kraytin gives a bit more tooltip dps, while Oak gives physical damage ( meaning bigger hits thus bigger armour penetration ) but really the difference isn't big enough to worry about it. Pick one and go for it... actually i don't even remember which one i've picked...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Thanks for all the help.

I managed to cap resists using those boots that I overpaid for, bought a couple cheap rares.

with my uniques

The damage and life rolls aren't bad and I just barely cap resists and have way more movespeed. How's that look for starting maps?
Well you can "start mapping" with one-third of what you have.

Look for the "Level 75 Plateau Map with crappy gear" in the archive with my old videos in the "Videos" section. It's a but old but it will give you a general idea why i say that you can start mapping with one-third of your gear.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 20 ene. 2016 16:03:16
Yeah I guess I didn't really mean start mapping, you can do the early stuff with pretty crap gear. Need to stop worrying about gear and level up so I can actually use it.

Edit: How come no endurance charges from passives? I've never used daresso's but it seems like more would be good. Thread is a bit too long to read the whole thing, sorry if you've answered why already :).

For merciless bandit, endurance charge to go with daresso's?
Editado por útlima vez por xSJx en 20 ene. 2016 23:50:37
"
KorgothBG escribió:
@xSJx
Ah many sorry to hear that you've got ripped off ... next time check if you can add another suffix (or if all 3 slots are taken .. in this case the life regen is the third suffix ) before buying.
And btw the first boots are not that bad.

@unlucky_child
From most important to least important ( in my opinion ) :
Block ( because block is the most overpowered defensive mechanic in PoE )
Armour ( because your shield IS your biggest armour contributor )
Life ( it's life ... do i need to explain )
resists ( you can cap and even overcap your resistances with a shield with resists thus it is not needed, but if you can cap your resists without it is a life saver, and having resists on your shield makes getting cheaper rings easier )
flat phys ( the flat phys is nice but it's simply not needed, you get more than enough flat physical damage from your amulet, helmet, rings and belt, it's just that everything listed above is more useful )

if armour is so important, why do you use lioneyes remorse shield with 1300 def, when there are 2000+ def shields around?

and why dont you use BOTH reposte and reckoning?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Editado por útlima vez por unlucky_child en 21 ene. 2016 0:32:31
"
unlucky_child escribió:

if armour is so important, why do you use lioneyes remorse shield with 1300 def, when there are 2000+ def shields around?

and why dont you use BOTH reposte and reckoning?

Because i wasn't able to get my hands on a rare shield that has 2000+ armour, 80+ life and 30%+ block at the same time. If you do a quick poe.trade search you will see that at the moment there are no such shields for sale at this moment. If you own such a shield and you want to sell it to me i'll be happy to take it off your hands :) And just for the record ... my lioneye is 1494 not 1300 ;)

As for reckoning AND riposte. I've been using both for quite some time and i've reached to the conclusion that riposte ... is simply not worth using. The main reason is because it triggers ONLY from damage sources within your weapon range ( and in the case of being unarmed that range is very small ) thus it doesn't trigger very often ( opposed to reckoning which can be triggered even from ranged attacks ) on top of that it is single target ( while reckoning is AoE ) so you can't really use it for anything but damage source... but since it triggers rarely ... well it's not a very good damage source to begin with isn't it ?
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 ene. 2016 4:54:47
there are plenty of shields with

1900+ def
70+ life
dual res 30+

block can be crafted or one of the stats above, so

i think this would be enough?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Plenty? Currently for sale ins standard ( not online, not with buyout only .. just any shield with 1900+ and 70+ life ) ... there is only 1 shield ... and it doesn't even have a slot for block chance ( and the price on it is 30 ex ).
In talisman there are 5 one of which i admit is pretty nice ( 2022 armour, 105 life, 29% block chance, 4% all resists and 13% clod res .. both res mods are with terrible rolls ... but still extra 600 armour on your shield is awesome ) but costs 10 ex which is a small fortune in talisman and i wouldn't spend it on that shield for sure. One of the other 4 can't have block chance and the other 3 can but here comes the next problem and that is the following - you can master craft only up to 3% block chance ... leaving you with 26% block chance at best with those 3 shields, the price on those shields is 2-3 ex. Now is it worth it to sacrifice 4% block chance and some life ( in the case of 2 of those 3 shiedls ) for extra 550-650 armour .. i'm not really sure ... if you need the res too though ( which i don't ) then it's a great deal!

But again ... 1 in standard and 4 in talisman ( one of which is extremely expensive ) that's hardly "plenty" ... oh and they are all single res btw ...

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional