[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well you've forgot to tell me what do you consider to be "high level maps" .. anyway...
On the top of the 20% increased life ( which actually you can easily boost up to 40% or even 50% if you feel like more life is what you need at the moment ) you get 12 life per level which is 120 life 10 levels later and that's actually ~400 life multiplied by the % max life from your tree and meginord's girdle .. so 10 points later you'll have at least 700 more life ( if you get only 20% increased life from the tree for those 10 points ).

And again ... facerolling tier 15s at level 72 .. is just simply not a thing in PoE.

And of course that's just 10 levels later ... imagine what say level 90 ( which is easily reachable without even stepping into a high tier level map ) does for you.

After all the highest level content is not designed to be facerolled by a mid level character.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 26 ene. 2016 8:02:58
Hello fellow facebreakers

Is there sense in using the Rigwald's Curse Amulet just for the critical strikes and the Pugilist Jewel?
I really want to crit as facebreaker but I am not able to get a great passive skill tree working.
Can someone help me out there or is Rigwald's Curse just bad for a facebreaker?
Well the short answer is ... "No, there is no point in doing a crit facebreaker build when it comes to efficiency compared to a classic facebreaker build".

I've talked more about that in many posts before ... you could ... look them up ^^
Pretty much it's not worth it because.
1. The amulet itself has the drawback of not having anything but the build-enabling crit. No life, no flat phys ( remember your amulet is the second biggest flat phys damage contributer ) , no resists ( yes, yet ANOTHER unique item with no resists )
2. The claw thing is basically a "noob-trap", the claw nodes are extremely inefficient when it comes to a facebreaker build of any kind
3. You need to spend points for crit and accuracy related passives, that means that you'll need to sacrifice defenses in order to free up points.
4. In the end you get a build that has the same damage as a more offensive facebreaker RT build, while at the same time it has even less defenses.

Can a rigwald crit facebreaker work well? Sure!
Will it work better than a classic facebreaker? Hell no!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Is 50k infernal blow good enough for end game content?
I saw the crit build from talisman's amulet and they have 250k dps on it, but as someone who just got back to this game recently and ascendancy coming out in 2 months, i really don't have the mood to start over in talisman for a facebreaker char.

Here's my passive tree, hope that you can help me improve it somehow
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAAdwB5wLQBIcEswUtBjkLYQz3Dc0UIBRNFSAV7BiRGbQaOBo-HM4nLytQLOktgy_MMk49Dz3iQKBHfkjuUEdRYFnzXz9i7GVNZ5to8nKpdK507XZ_dqx343iueTl5aHrve4x8u3zZfuB-4oTEhNmE74azj5mQVZkrnleezaIApzCpbqmVrKqsr62Nrj6vbK-ntoq5HbyfvTa9gb6nwGbAv8EEwYLEFcT2xq7KkM9-037awdtV5FHp1eoY7w7vevAf8wb2o_cy-6r8S_5U?accountName=tvl257&characterName=WTFAMIPLAYING
Well 50k is a bit on the low side though it should be enough. 50k with your flasks used and 3 frenzy charges from your blood rage goes up to around 100k dps.
The high end-game, high character level play is all about your survivability as long as you are above the line of the minimum required dps( and 50k infernal blow dps is definitely above that line ).
Again i know it sounds strange but despite all logic crit facebreaker =/= more damage than regular RT facebreaker... at best it results to the same amount of dps while loosing tons of defenses ( shortly explained in my previous post ). For an easy example you could check some of the facebreaker builds on this very sub-forum, some reach well over 350k. The question is do you need more damage instead of defenses or not ... or rather do you want more damage instead of defenses or not.
I've talked about this numerous times in this ( and other thread ) so i won't do it again ( because it results in a huge wall of text ) you could look it up in this thread ( for example my first post on page 306 ).
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 28 ene. 2016 9:13:11
Thank for the answer.
And yes, i'm more of a "tank" lover myself instead of glass cannon so i try to get as much Block as i can. Just that for the dps, i always see people with 300k-500k but still not atziri viable something. So i just asked to be safe

Atziri has more to do with the build that you are using ( spell/attack that you are using etc. ) and your player skill and experience in doing Atziri and not your gear or the numbers of your dps, life, defenses etc. It's more of a skill-based fight and not as much of a gear-based fight.
Hi Korgoth! Your guide rocks.

What are your thoughts on ascendancy classes?

The duelist gets the Gladiator subclass that buffs shield block chance and gives us a 100% shield block to spell block, making Saffel's Frame unnecessary. This is quite nice, in my opinion.

The Marauder gets the Berserker subclass which gives us 100% increased attack damage. If I'm correct, this is the difference between 750% and 850% Facebreakers, and doesn't sound like much. Is my assumption correct?

The remaining Marauder subclass looks like a shaman, so it probably will have caster oriented tree, making it useless for this build. So I guess we're stuck with choosing the better alternative from the currently available subclasses.

EDIT: The Marauder's Juggernaut may be the balanced choice between damage and defence, but elemental damage will remain uncountered > Saffel's Frame's use will be mandatory.
Editado por útlima vez por ata en 29 ene. 2016 7:06:48
Well the gladiator is nice though the champion is the best option in my opinion - good damage, great defenses and FREE fortify, which means good fortify support gem hello something else... simply put champion makes your skill 7 linked.
As for berserker well it's 100% increased and not more physical damage and the difference is huge. Because of that it is nowhere near as good as you might think...
To be honest the marauder classes... are not even close to the duelist classes when it comes to facebreakers.

Elemental damage uncountered? What about resist? What about block ( block blocks all types of attack damage be it physical, elemental or even chaos.) The only problem is spell elemental damage... and it is really a problem with ver few bosses (and for those cases -> saffell ).

So in the end the choice is between champion and gladiator and for me champion is better.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Elemental damage uncountered? What about resist? What about block ( block blocks all types of attack damage be it physical, elemental or even chaos.) The only problem is spell elemental damage... and it is really a problem with ver few bosses (and for those cases -> saffell ).

Yeah, I meant elemental spell damage, should've specified that.

You said it pretty well though, it sums up at one extra support gem (fortify from Champion, melee splash from Reaver) or free spell block with the Duelist versus not much with the Marauder. Too bad I have a Marauder, it looks like I will need to level a new Duelist for this build.

Thanks for the input mate!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional