[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Hey guys!
So the awesome Sicyo got me thinking about the culling strike support gem in another thread. Especially compared to added fire damage. Now added fire damage gives a lot more tooltip dps ( with added fire damage i'm at ~90k dps in my hideout and with culling strike - just around 75k ) but there are some problems with that.
First the damage it gives is fire damage - that means that monsters with fire resistance, maps with fire res, monsters affected by ele res aura and all bosses will reduce some of that damage so in the end the huge dps increase is not the actual extra damage that you'll deal all the time. And of course giving elemental damage you won't be leeching extra life from that extra damage. If you are using Infernal blow though you'll also benefit from the quality bonus of the added fire damage gem.
Now culling strike gives significantly less tooltip dps and most likely (even with what i've explained about the fire damage ) less actual damage but it has some pros. First it gives some attack speed ( if the gem is 20/20% ), second it directly boosts your physical damage, and that means that you'll leech from it AND that you'll deal more damage per hit. Dealing more physical damage per hit is important because of the way armour works ( bigger hit = less effective armour = even more damage dealt with that bigger hit ) so it adds a bit more damage .. even if that's a "hidden" extra damage. And of course it gives culling strike which is pretty nice especially against bosses.

Now should you use culling strike instead of added fire damage? Honestly i don't know ... it's really hard to tell without a good amount of testing but you should think about it .. maybe try it out for yourself and see how it feels, though if the gem is not close to 20/20% it won't be good at all.

What does all that tells us? Well for me it tells me two things:
1. From time to time you should question your previous knowledge about what is good and what is bad ... perhaps you will find something new and interesting in something old.
2. With Ascendancy and the upcoming possibility of getting Fortify without using the Fortify gem we now have a good candidate to take its place - Culling Strike !
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Dear KorgothBG,

your guide is a reference for each Facebreaker player.

I disclosed my way to play a facebreaker crit today and don't hesitate to give me your advices concerning my build :
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1565211

I'll go right away and check it out ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
This guide as a new player is amazing and made me enjoy the game and main a facebreaker marauder. Quick question though do you think its viable to use rigwalds curse for a marauder or do i have to start over with a shadow?
Im happy that this guide was helpful for you!
Well there are some crit fb guides for duelist too (and if you can do it as a duelist you can easily do it with marauder ) so yeah you could do it. Personally if i should go for a crit fb (and at this point i wouldn't) i would make a shadow with acrobatics , phase acro etc. etc.
seems like with rigwalds curse, claw talisman i will have better stats

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQAVuifguCV3Q0VIC2DGbRKyD8nKk0A7izp_rp9ddN-73r2o02SI_ajiu4OwYIvzITZypDpRorwvqe9NmVNR365HRXsBS107drBhO9i7E1GtoouU9NvhrPYvTWStfJuqjJOj5kEh8C_QKB67419b1dF9GSvijgV_bTFwuwFtY2_UUcwfEscjYHWB4_BkoCaF2qVIuro1mjyr2wLYcauPC2DzLc-_gqDX6IA8B_AZgSz73w8Be8OUEfkUWebrj5fPxQgfNn3MnKpxPbPfnas6hh5OX7iGj7yL1hjPfyMz_ZIxFg=
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Well unlucky_child that's an extremely ... strange build that you are linking here mate. Using the unique amulet ( thus sacrificing the huge chunk of flat physical from a rare amulet ) and yet still going for RT ... so what's the idea? To get those extremely inefficient claw nodes instead of the already easily accessible physical damage nodes all over the place ( i.e. the marauder start ) and all that while severely crippling your defenses? That hardly produce better stats or better results.
I just wanted to say thanks, your fb build made this cruel game fun :v
Spoiler

Also this is the stuff i acumulated over time (total cost is about 30ex), im sitting at 82k in hideout with golem, blood rage and hatred

should I change something? improve?
Editado por útlima vez por Avrai en 17 ene. 2016 19:59:29
Well honestly you could get some very small improvements here and there ... but overall you have awesome gear ( oh and use warlord's reach jewel if you are not using it already ).

A big improvement is acquiring the Taste of Hate flask ( if you don't have one already ) but yeah .. pretty much that's all for now.
i took all damage nodes as yours, maybe i skipped shield nodes and took claw instead of them.

so in the end

flat dmg from amulet + res + shield nodes
vs
170 %enhanced dmg, 40% attack speed

i dont know if that worth it aswell, but maybe you are right, just an idea and want you as an expert to look at it :)

anyway, why theres no life leech node in your passive tree? and why u didnt take Berserking node, which provides lot of ias?
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
Editado por útlima vez por unlucky_child en 18 ene. 2016 3:02:21

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional