[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I am not using concentrated effect. Do you have them link up to your cyclone? As of right now I only have a 4link :( trying to upgrade.
Editado por útlima vez por MrMuahaha en 22 dic. 2015 14:47:28
No i don't use conc effect and i STRONGLY suggest that you don't use it too. At least now i know why you feel that cyclone has a terrible AoE radius ... sadly conc. effect does that to your cyclone

As a 4L i'd suggest

Cyclone + Faster Attacks + Blood Magic + Fortify ( or Melee Physical Damage instead of Fortify if you feel that you need more damage instead of more survivability at this point )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 22 dic. 2015 15:05:46
Oops I think there was a misunderstanding I am not using concentrated effect either. I believe my crappy aoe radius is probably because I'm still level 59 hopefully it will get better later.
Well when you get the needed AoE radius stuff if you still feel like the cyclone radius is too little .. then i guess cyclone is just not for you, and there is nothing wrong with that.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
@KorgothBG

I had another question bro, should I go for the extra skill point on merc or just go for the extra frenzy charge since I use blood rage?
Well there is already an entire section explaining that in the guide ^^
But yeah ... frenzy charge is a better option than a skill point, even extra endurance charge is better than a skill point.
Well you could do that too though in that case i'd suggest taking Iron Reflexes.
Also don't plan for a 123/123 passive skill tree .. even at level 100 you don't have 123 passive skill points unless you've killed all bandits in all difficulties (which you really shouldn't do). The revenge of the hunted circle is way too far away and thus it is extremely ineffective ... loose it.
Hello.

Thanks for an awesome guide. I am really glad i was introduced to the game with Facebreaker and i think it is a kind of a first love here in PoE.

Being extremely detailed this guide misses one important point in my opinion. It is newbie unfriendly. On the one hand it is fine to think with your own head making some decisions but on the other hand, it is fairly difficult to make a right one lacking knowledge about the game.

I would suggest to make a "leveling" paragraph especially for the first 16 levels where you can easily get exhausted playing melee. Also it would be nice to see the detailed skill-tree with mana nodes and other options for leveling with description for refunds to make in the future.

Speaking about gear it is worth noting that some uniques are pretty cheap being BiS and we may want to buy it as soon as possible(especially about jewels). Also it might be useful to explain how to craft a fine rare items while leveling and later.

Also it leaves a few questions:

Which is the best bandit to help at cruel? (I have chosen damage from Oak(?) and feel mistaken because atack speed rockets dmg up while % dmg seems not to be that significant)

Which masters do i level up and why?

The second one might be an off-topic, but still, while starting it seems to be important to know what to do while playing instead of rummaging at forums and wiki for an information being feared to make a wrong decision.

Thanks a lot once again for an awesome job you have done and for the fun i am currently having breaking faces!

@AiDesu
I completely understand what you are saying but what you are asking from me ( and this guide ) is a bit too much and i just can't manage to do that.
You see a good newbie guide transcends any given build and requires tons of work and tons of info. I've tried to make a newbie guide in the past with mild success but what i've found that from that experience is that it is indeed way to hard to do that and even harder to maintain given the constant changes in PoE. On top of that without any arrogance at all i must say that even if i was a PoE newbie a couple of years ago i wasn't a newbie to the genre. I was playing hack'n'slash aRPGs for well over 15 years doing pretty much all games of the genre in existence. I'm saying all that because it s actually very difficult for me to know what a newbie knows and what a newbie needs explained making me rather ineffective for creating such a guide. I do try to give some general advice in the Tips and Tricks section but that's all i'm willing to do really.

As for this guide - well in my opinion it is as newbie friendly as newbie friendly guides go. Yes, you need to have some basic knowledge about the game and the genre but giving such knowledge isn't the job of build guides in my opinion. Even more if a player lacks basic knowledge i've always advised such players NOT to follow any guide but to try the game on their own and to actually learn the basics before even thinking about following a guide.

As for cruel bandits .. well .. like i've explained both options are good, you need to understand that tooltip DPS is NOT everything in poe. For example attack speed affects your dps but it doesn't affect thinks like enemy armour mitigation, counterattacks etc. Don't feel bad for picking up Oak ;)

As for Masters. Well ... honestly when the masters where introduced i just leveled up all of them that was pretty much all i've done! Hell i've made a big thread with info about farming different zones for masters (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1046339/page/1). But i guess you are asking which masters you want to have in your hideout, i'd say Zana, Elreon, Haku and Vorici ( with the elreon hideout ). You need Zana for the daily free map and good missions ( i.e. find the unique item ) , you need Elreon because you need to be able to craft your rings/amulet and because at level 6 you can buy a cheap stack of jewelers from him, you need vorici because of the cheap stack of fusings you can buy from him when he hits level 6 also changing colors and getting 4L easily is quite nice, you need Haku because crafting your chest/shield/boots/gloves/helmet is always nice :)

So yeah .. in the end i must say that even if the guide is quite huge i still constantly try to improve. it but there will always be something left out i guess ... but the good thing is that i'm aways here to help ^^
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 24 dic. 2015 4:31:52

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional