[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Ok 9 regrets later i've eliminated most of the differences ( and actually the passives are now in my favor)
The total differences at the moment are :

He has:
2 max flat physical damage
1% more melee attack speed
1% increased melee physical damage
1% increased fire damage

I have extra:
4 min flat physical damage
+7% increased physical damage
12% MORE unarmed physical damage
+4% increased attack speed

But for my surprise the damage differences persist ... the difference was cut down to 25k .. but it is still there .. and it's not like 25k is some small difference .. it's pretty huge one.
My DPS:

His DPS:

I guess i'll contact him .. maybe he .. forgot ... to mention something like having a shrine buff at the moment maybe a different gear piece at the moment when the screenshot was taken .. i don't know.

Btw IF i wear the Great old one's ward ( again he does not ) i'm getting close to the 180k dps - i reach 172k .. but the remaining difference ( + the fact that at this point i have more damage from the tree/jewels + better facebreakers etc. ) is still big enough to make me think that that's not it ( or at least not only that )
P.S. I've just PMed him and i'm waiting for a response ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 1 nov. 2015 17:04:08
Well HernanCCS wrote me back.
He actually has 4 frenzy charges ( not 3 ) and he uses Rallying Cry. Also probably i've missed to calculate a jewel or maybe i've made a calculation error. So a little thing here and there surely can add up to the difference of 20-25k when we are dealing with numbers like 180k dps.

Mystery solved as far as i'm concerned!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 2 nov. 2015 4:28:04
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well HernanCCS wrote me back.
He actually has 4 frenzy charges ( not 3 ) and he uses Rallying Cry. Also probably i've missed to calculate a jewel or maybe i've made a calculation error. So a little thing here and there surely can add up to the difference of 20-25k when we are dealing with numbers like 180k dps.

Mystery solved as far as i'm concerned!

Hello guys, i got you crazy with this; but sadly i forgot to mention i was casting Rallying cry and i just double checked and i only have 3 frenzy charges, but i got the extra attack speed (8%) from Cruel Kraytin (i created my char 681 Days ago, so i totally forgot about that (although and additional frenzy charge might add more damage)

I made some more testing and i found out these

Screenshots

Here you can see the buff i had active when i took the screenshot with 180K DPS; i was with a friend in a party, but he wasn't running any aura that could improve my DPS
Image Inside

Here you can see another screenshot with active Buffs; the DPS is lower (around 4K less) because i replaced a jewel to get more life and armour, but losing some physical damage
Image Inside

Using Flasks

Someone mentioned that i could be getting my extra DPS from flasks; well i did some test and here are the results

+

Wearing Great Old One's Ward

Someone mention maybe i was using this shield

well the DPS using it is 191K

Using Flaska while wearing Great Old One's Ward

+

My Gem Setup

I'm using
Infernal BLow L21/Q20
Melee Splash L21/Q20
Faster Attacks L21/Q20
Multistrike L21/Q20
Melee Physical Damage L20Q22
Added Fire Damage L20Q23

Im not using Blood Magic, im attacking using mana, i dont have any mana issue (because i run level 10 Clarity linked to level 21 Blood Magic and have total 80% mana regeneration on rings)

Note

I took screenshots and got those DPS numbers while running/ having active the following auras/buffs

-Hatred lvl21
-Herald of Ash lvl20/q20 (note that quality adds up to 15% extra Fire damage to this buff)
-Flame Golem lvl17
-Blood Rage level20/q20 (note that quality adds up to 20% increased attack speed)
-3 Frenzy charges (got those from Blood Rage)
-Rallying cry lvl17

(note Flame Golem and Rallying Cry will add more damage when they level, i have play with this character for a few hours since the last league finished, so thats why those gems are only level 17)

From Orlando, FL, U.S.
Editado por útlima vez por HernanCCS en 2 nov. 2015 8:27:25
Thanks for writing here too HernanCCS! :)
Just got my fb marauder from 28~42 today. spin2win lol
Insane clear speed. 3 speed flasks ha.
Hey guys!
I know that it's early but i'm hyped for the new upcoming support gem called [https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1475604]Blasphemy[/url].
It opens many possibilities and i'm always excited when that happens! But what do you guys think? Does it have a place in your facebreaker build ? For my personal setup i'm considering the follow possible implementation:
1. Using temp chains or enfeeble aura and Herald of Ash instead of hatred ( loosing some damage, gaining more survivability )
2. Using temp chains or enfeeble aura and Herald of Ash instead of determination ( gaining some damage, loosing a lot of armour but gaining survivability from the curse )
3. Maybe getting Whispers of Doom OR wearing Windscream boots and using both temp chains and enfeeble instead of one of the auras?
4. And of course not using it at all since cwdt + curse works good enough and because i don't want to loose either one of my auras.
Again, i know that it's early to talk about this, many things will probably change ... but still i'm curious about your thoughts on this matter guys :)
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 9 nov. 2015 0:14:07
Yes i thought THE same :)

Hmm but against bosses its always -60% of effect ...
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Hey guys!
I know that it's early but i'm hyped for the new upcoming support gem called [https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1475604]Blasphemy[/url].
It opens many possibilities and i'm always excited when that happens! But what do you guys think? Does it have a place in your facebreaker build ? For my personal setup i'm considering the follow possible implementation:
1. Using temp chains or enfeeble aura and Herald of Ash instead of hatred ( loosing some damage, gaining more survivability )
2. Using temp chains or enfeeble aura and Herald of Ash instead of determination ( gaining some damage, loosing a lot of armour but gaining survivability from the curse )
3. Maybe getting Whispers of Doom OR wearing Windscream boots and using both temp chains and enfeeble instead of one of the auras?
4. And of course not using it at all since cwdt + curse works good enough and because i don't want to loose either one of my auras.
Again, i know that it's early to talk about this, many things will probably change ... but still i'm curious about your thoughts on this matter guys :)

Saw it too.
+1 curse amulet maybe?

And by the way
What do you think of the arctic armor+hypothermia combo? Does it work in a facebreaker build?
6L cyclone with bloodmagic + melee phy + fortify + fasteratks + hypothermia(instead of added fire dmg)
Hypothermia at level 1 gives 20% MORE damage against chilled enemies. Arctic armor chills enemies on hit...

Added fire gives instant boost to the damage.
Hypothermia gives 30% after we chill mobs. So it means its the better choice for higher life mobs yes? Those that we can't ohko?
How big is the range of arctic armor? Is it possible to chill them BEFORE we hit them with our cyclone? (unarmed cycloners have less range amirite?) So that the %more damage effect kicks in instantaneously
Editado por útlima vez por eddiec93 en 9 nov. 2015 5:17:57
+1 curse amulet of course would be the best choice ( if one decides to use double curse-auras in the future ) ... but ... good luck finding a good T1 phys damage + T1 life + needed attributes and resists AND +1 curses for a reasonable price.

Some people use hypothermia and arctic armour and say that it works well. Personally i find the huge damage per hit combined with hatred to be enough to chill everything without arctic armour... and well ... you need to sacrifice one of the 2 main auras ... which is something that i would not do. So in the end ( as i see it ) you might gain more damage ( with hatred + AA + HoA and hypothermia for your cyclone ) but you sacrifice survivability... and i don't want to go on again for the whole survivability vs. defense philosophy because i've talked about it dozens of times just in this thread.

But hey i'll say the same thing that i always say - go ahead and test it! It might suit your desires and playstyle better than the alternatives. In my opinion as long as you sticks to the facebreaker basics and know what you're doing and how things work you can create many different variations of a FB build and they'll all work well ... in the end it depends on your personal playstyle and preferences. Some prefer one thing others - another thing ... and there is no "right way" ( again - as long as you sticks to the facebreaker basics and know what you're doing and how things work).

As for the aura-curses ... i don't about their use here ( will of course test it ... a lot ) but damn i'll surely revive my RF marauder! Bye-bye 6L curse on hit cyclone, hello triple curse-aura and IIR+IIQ 6L RF setup, while using cyclone only for procing EE and gaining some life on hit!

EDIT:
You can't chill with arctic armour before you actual pass through the monster, so your first couple of hits ( probably 2-3 ) won't hit chilled by arctic armour enemies.
Yeah, unarmed attacks have the lowest melee radius ( though warlord's reach helps a bit.. and of course there things that are not unarmed only that also improve your AoE radius significantly )
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 9 nov. 2015 5:24:43
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably get somemore levels then try em on maps when i hit 70/80.

Just realised I have pretty low life. Not having difficulties yet(lv54). But I forsee some probs when I get later into the game lol. I only have 2.4k life with tabula. 2.8 with belly of beast. Too low flat lifes? :(
Spoiler

will equip abyssus when i hit 60. but wont gain much extra life there :( except for the lil boost from 20str

Do you have any old accessories for facebreaking thats for sale? :D
Editado por útlima vez por eddiec93 en 9 nov. 2015 7:11:06

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional