[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Is Grace + Iron reflexes still inferior to determination after the Grace buff?
Yes, it still gives less armour and on top of that you loose your evasion

As for the doryani... I don't have one yet but i honestly don't see a way to make it good enough to even try to get one. Remember... Unarmed means no crit, no weapon ele dmg and slow attack speed... and these are the 3 things that make an ele build playable.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Very nice guide i like it ;)
Your guide is awesome but i've got some "extra" question about Cast When Damage Taken gem.

I've noticed that it's working only with 1 curse now ? I've linked CWDT with Warlord's Mark, Punishment and Enfeeble but it looks like Warlord's Mark only is "proc'ing" ? (gems are on "max" level below 1 lvl CWDT so they should work...).

2nd question about aura's:

Combination of Herald of Ash / Thunder / Ice (2 of them) wouldn't be better then Hatred ?
Editado por útlima vez por papaca en 8 ago. 2015 11:48:54
A monster can be cursed only by one curse at a time unless you have gear that increases that number. I specifically said to pick and ONE of these curses.

Again like I specifically mentioned the flat elemental damage (like the one that you get from the heralds of thunder and ice) are unscaleable and completely useless.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Yes, though Herald of Ash does scale from your physical damage so can be used with Arctic Armour for better survivablity (if you use Ice Crash) but noticeably lower DPS.

Question to Kargoth : what do you think about using Stone of Lazhwar for HC players? I mean sometimes there are groups of monsters that hit with attacks and spell damage at once.
Editado por útlima vez por Garfunkel en 9 ago. 2015 3:31:05
Well it is a significant loss for your dps ( and it could be harder to cap your res and you'll lose some life ) and from my experience only some bosses actually pose any threat when it comes to spells ... but if you think that you need it go ahead and use it ^^
Korgoth, I was wondering about double countering (Reckoning and Riposte), any reason to not use both? (I've been using both for leveling since i didn't get to merciless with the facebreaker char yet).
Well the main reason is lack of sockets. And really riposte has many drawbacks to it - it's a single target, it triggers only from monster who are right next to you etc. Not that it's bad of course... It's just... not good enough in my opinion.
Don't you think that Arctic Armour for Ice Crash based build is better than Determination?
For example, Determination 18lvl gives me +9% est. phys. dmg reduction (due to diminishing I think)
Spoiler

Without Determination:
Armour: 13076

Estimated Phys. Dmg Reduction (Merc, Act IV) 60%
======================
With Determination :
Armour : 19484

Est Phys dmg reduction : 69%

while AA gives 12% + phys dmg reduction and it is non-estimated (guaranteed) and plus 11% fire damage reduction which is also important.
So I personally find using Hot+AA+Hatred is better in both DPS and defense-wise compared to Determination + Hatred.
Editado por útlima vez por Garfunkel en 10 ago. 2015 6:52:54

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional