[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

What is your DPS currently? There are so many odd builds out there for cyclone that says about 100k DPS. Can you reach that?
thoughts on abyssus for 2.0? i'm hesitant to use it due to the buffed monster damage
Thank you for the insight with the opinions on using facebreaker with energy shield. Guess I'll have to grind up the currency to pick up either Belly of the Beast or Daresso's Defiance then.

I'm greatly enjoying the ability to be able to facetank pretty much whatever and pound them into the ground, so I'll stick to suggestions to not rely on energy shield, since it does not sound like energy shield and this build mesh very well together.
@renroval
Check out the "My facebreaker build" section for the screenshots of my offenses and defenses. 51k cyclone without flasks and onslaught and 90k with them. Keep in mind that my build is pretty much the most defensive one out there. i won't explain for 12123123 time why more damage than that is pointless (you can read my thoughts about in my big post on page 254 for example ) But If you like big numbers you could always use Concentrated effect ( and loose Area of effect radius ) for big dps boost, or you could use the Old One's Ward ( and loose huge amounts of defenses ), you could get rid of determination and use HoA or Haste ( and loose huge amounts of defenses ) or you could respsec defensive passives for more damage passives. It's up to you in the end.

@gosuion
This build provides huge amounts of life regen and Blood rage gives you plenty of leech. I mean cyclone costs 70-something life on cast ... i have ~5600 life and 500 life regen per sec ...

@ShotgunHeavy
Yes the monsterr damage is boosted a bit but also our armour is boosted, the armour equation is much beter now and we have fortify. Overall the build even with the buffed monster damage is much tankier than before. Abyssus? Not an issue, don't forget that abyssus is factored in after everything else, so the 40% increase is really nothing to be worried about.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Don't forget you lose most of that regen due to blood rage degen! 5.6-6% per second not factoring in endurance charges. Should still have enough to cover the cost of cyclone unless you're in a 40% or no regen map, then you need to start hitting stuff =p.

Also, I'm scared of the fact that monsters hit harder now so I haven't really used my abyssus post 2.0. So that's why I used BoR and no determination because I felt I didn't need it but do you think with determination the abyssus downside isn't that bad at all? On big hits that is.

I died once post 2.0 but that was due to lag on my end. Gonna start shooting for 100 on a character instead of making more like I usually do so I'm gonna have to start caring more about deaths now.
Again guys ... Abyssus downside is a joke ... you can't feel it at all. It doesn't matter if the hit is big or small because, i'll say it again, the abyssus increase is calculated AFTER the damage reduced by armour. If you take a 1000 damage hit ( and if you don't block, evade or dodge it ) first of all 300 of it is converted into cold. Second the remaining 700 damage is reduced by fortify (20%) so that leaves 560 physical damage. Third it is reduced by the flat 12% physical damage reduction from endurance charges and that leaves 493 physical damage. After that it is reduced by your armour .. now it's hard to calculate the reduction from armour but come on it's safe to say that it will further reduce the damage by 50% so that leaves around 250 physical damage ( from initial 1000 ) and now that damage is multiplied by the 40% increase of abyssus which increases that 250 damage with 100. So you end up with taking 350 damage from that 1000 with abyssus on.

"Monsters hit harder". Yes they do but now you have a flat 20% reduction from fortify ( which is calculated BEFORE armour which means that it makes the armour that more effective , also the armour mitigation equation was greatly improved and now armour is much more effective, on top of that personally my own armour was greatly increased due to some passive skill tree changes. On top of that we get more block ( again due to passive tree changes ) and 6% block from Daresso.

And an interesting fact - after 2.0 i have died - because of elemental bearers + lag + inability to see the ground effect fast enough + me being stupid to not look at the monster mods and once due to volatile flameblood in a high extra life map + giant rare skeleton with extra life mod + reduced max resists.
That's it ... no deaths related to physical damage.

As for blood rage and life regen. In the end you end up with 7.5% life regen and blood rage drains 4% of your life, so that's still 3.5% life regen per second. With let's say 5000 ( again i do have more but 5000 is very easy to achieve )that's still 175 life per second with Cyclone that costs 70 life per use. With 40% less life regen map you still regen exactly 100 life per second ( more if you have more life of course ) And on top of that we have life leech from blood rage ( at least blood rage .. Daresso gives leech, and in my case my ring gives leech ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I am easily killing in maps, but have the feeling I am not getting the most out of this build and my cyclone is taking 113 per use. I see sudden drops in my HP often and is there a way to keep blood rage going? I find myself casting it every few room clears due to not running into more enemies. I am at about 13k defense 4.5k life which is lower than before the patch. With hatred and HoA im at 42k damage and I have maxed resists except chaos, fire and cold at 113 and lightning at 78. Here is my current gear with gems and tree build any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38xFj2SF8_FCDvDlBHGj7yLxznfuJ5OenV5FFnm64-xq48LYNfg8y3Pv4K2L01ksT2C2GvpxzOK1ANzf5UPQ8GOfuq8wZRYHKp9zJ82eoYdqzPfq2NxBWvbGjy8B-iAASzwGY8Be98tfJuqkrIPycqTQDuLOmGsxUg9qPvetN-eK5I7j3i18sbrS2DGbS-p2VNvTZHfoTZypDpRorwxIIJM9E24iwvzLaKYuzBgk1GhO_awXTtBS1670CgwL-plQz3rK8blzJOj5kEhw==
IGN: xHulk_Smashx

This is a beta and we are all just testers.
Well sudden drops ... of course you'll experience sudden life drops ... i mean .. you do take damage from time to time ... what do you expect to be at 100% all the time and to reduce 100% of all incoming damage ? Permanent Divine shrine ?
Blood rage refreshes when you kill ... are you using quicksilver flask ?
Anyway as suggested in the guide you could always link it to increased duration to pretty much double the duration of blood rage.
And you cyclone costs more because you are using different support gems from me.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 jul. 2015 9:23:42
You still use Saffell's Frame in 2.0? In what situations?
What do you think of using Poacher's Mark (with quality) as another way to achieve Frenzy charges?

Yes i use Saffell after 2.0 in the exact same situation that i was using it before 2.0.
Poacher's Mark as a way to get charges ... well ... it only works if you self-cast the curse every single time when you face a pack ( which i would never do ) Besides Blood rage is not good just because of the charges, it also gives huge attack speed boost on it's own and very nice life leech. With blood rage even though it's just 25% chance to get a charge .. it's really all that you need. SO in my opinion there is no need for Poacher's mark at all.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional