[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

How about fortify passive nodes?
Editado por útlima vez por SecretFox en 18 jul. 2015 19:54:51
As for the passives uhmm...i've answered that question today ... on the previous page ..
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 18 jul. 2015 19:59:00
Right, sorry. Didn't noticed that Rampart was actually a fortify node name lol.
I just want to say thank you for such a wonderful guide.

It's EXTREMELY detailed and through about all the reasons behind why you made the decisions you did for passive tree selection and gear selection.

Just recently picked up a legacy belt finally (the belt alone nearly doubled my damage output...).

My apologies if you've already answered this before, but I have a question.

I was wondering if Ambu's Charge would be an acceptable alternative to Belly of the Beast if one is using Aegis Aurora shield and Rainbowstride boots together. I don't have Aegis Aurora or the Rainbowstride boots yet, but it seems like Ambu's Charge might fit well with those two items and aside from the lack of life and life flask recovery, it's pretty similar to Belly of the Beast.

Again, thank you for the great guide on the facebreaker build. It's been very fun punching things in the face and seeing the massive amount of explosions as I run across the map. In addition, it's pretty insane how fast Act bosses just go down, lol.
It really isn't recommended to use aegis with FB builds. You're already short of resists and aegis and assorted uniques will make it worse.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
@Iceknave
Well Etherfire but there are other things about the gear that you want to use that make them .. let's say .. not optimal.
1. Non of them has life
2. With them you can't use Blood rage because you'll be out Energy Shield 24/7 and because your energy shield will increase the damage that you take from the blood rage buff. No blood rage means a lot less damage and life leech
3. Armour ... you'll be low on armour. Because of all the shield defense nodes a high armour shield contributes for 50%+ of your total armour.
4. Ambu's Charge .. really gives ... nothing. If you for some reason decide do go aegis + aurora i'd strongly suggest that you use something else/
5. The Aegis doesn't make that big of a difference. It does wonder vs small hits but you will never care for small hits.
6. The spell block of Rainbowstrides is not nearly enough to make it noticeable on its own.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Aegis Aurora and Rainbowstride actually works quite well, when paired with Stone of Lazhwar. You trade off a substantial amount of damage for a substantial increase in survivability. It also requires some careful gearing with rings and more resist nodes on tree.

For the purposes of Korgoth's build, it's true that they aren't optimal; they take the build in a very different direction. You need to know what you're getting into if you want to use Aegis Aurora with Facebreaker, but if you're still interested I can help answer any specific questions.
Editado por útlima vez por Rhaelys en 19 jul. 2015 4:46:15
I still can't agree with that:
"You trade off a substantial amount of damage for a substantial increase in survivability"
I've been talking about this for years and years... and years ...but hey i'll say it again:
Trading 10-15k armour and 600-700 life for the ability to get 100-120 energy shield per block and the ability do block spells without swapping to Saffell's Frame ( which on top of the spell block gives crazy +max res ) does not lead to "substantial increase in survivability". At best it leads to swapping one type of defense for a different equally effective type of defense ( and i'm saying "equally effective " because i want to be generous ) Now add the loss 20-25% of your total DPS ( due to the loss of physical damage amulet and the inability to use Blood Rage ) ... i can't even find words to express how far from being optimal it gets.

And let me say this again. Hits that deal you 100-200-300 even 1000 damage don't kill you ... it's the 5-6k hits that one-two shot you that are scary. I'm sorry but Aegis Aruora doesn't do anything for that ...
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 19 jul. 2015 4:57:24
I'll note that I gain 680 energy shield on block with a legacy Aegis Aurora, which is the entirety of my energy shield.

Running Iron Reflexes with Hatred and a 21 Grace and I have 17000 armor with just Grace and gear.

With respect, you're not actually saying anything contradictory to what I've said. I noted that the Aegis Aurora variation deals substantially less damage. If someone is interested in running Aegis Aurora, it's because they're interested in the juggernaut defensive capabilities it offers.

I'll also note that while small hits don't kill you, they can put you in a position for a gigantic hit to kill you.

Again, with respect I don't mean to detract from your build or guide; it's helped me immensely in building my character. I would just like to note that I've enjoyed particular success with the Aegis Aurora variation. If that's not considered "optimal" then that's fine, since my definition of optimal is "how tanky can I make this character?"
Editado por útlima vez por Rhaelys en 19 jul. 2015 5:55:40
Well i guess we should agree to disagree. In my opinion and due to my experience with Aegis i feel extremely less tanky. A while ago i've tested with Aegis for a couple of weeks with very poor results. My death counts increased dramatically from non to at least 1 a day. It's just that the number of one-shots increased so much .. and things that previously didn't hurt me with Aegis they've started to hit like a truck.
But hey as i've always said as long as something works well for someone then that's great and i'm sincerely happy for them ^^
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 19 jul. 2015 6:18:18

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional