[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

ok thanks for explaining. i didn't know aoe of conc effect was nerfed. thought it was just the quality and damage. wiki isn't updated.

those 5 courtyard videos were good btw. nice for comparison. put those in the guide if they aren't already.

i am running ice crash on mana leech with hypothermia. so 3 red and 1 green in bor. seems to be working fine but i forsee problems running the skill on mana leech in half regen/no regen maps.

i normally run ib on mana leech and on half regen maps i have to replace added fire with blood magic or i run out of mana. i assume this has been tested with ice crash too? same mana problems?

for ib this is not really a problem. just use bm instead of added fire for half regen maps like i said. but i can't replace hypothermia with bm since it's a different colour.

so i am basically forced to run ice crash on bm anyway which is a waste of a gemslot in my opinion. hypothermia is such a nice dmg boost 30% MORE dmg.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 11 jul. 2015 20:23:04
"
kompaniet escribió:

those 5 courtyard videos were good btw. nice for comparison. put those in the guide if they aren't already.

They are already there :) In the end of each of the 5 skill sections
"
kompaniet escribió:

i am running ice crash on mana leech with hypothermia. so 3 red and 1 green in bor. seems to be working fine but i forsee problems running the skill on mana leech in half regen/no regen maps.

i normally run ib on mana leech and on half regen maps i have to replace added fire with blood magic or i run out of mana. i assume this has been tested with ice crash too? same mana problems?

Now that mana leech values have been nerfed it is hard to sustain your attacks unless you use the mana leech support gem which cripples your damage. After all .. not using blood magic but using mana leech support makes absolutely no sense - you gain nothing... Actually you loose 1x50% aura and you gain problems with regen map mods in return for ... well ... nothing.
BUT
You can get the Revelry passive which makes a huge impact when it comes to mana and you can even put a jewel or two with 2 mana gain per hit ( magic/rare jewels can roll that mod. ) combine it with "some" mana leech and you should be fine,
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 11 jul. 2015 20:38:36
I'm not sure what I want to do with my gems here. I tried out phase run and I find it's just a wasted spot, I don't think I used the skill once except just messing around. I also find the flame golem to be pretty meh. I switched my cwdt to my gloves instead of shield just to try it out with flame golem because I have 0 interest in self casting it constantly. I feel like there has got to be something better to use, right now I'm thinking I might just go back to riposte. Here is what I've got on, and I'm using cyclone on Daresso's chest.
Spoiler

"
KorgothBG escribió:
"
kompaniet escribió:

They are already there :) In the end of each of the 5 skill sections
"
kompaniet escribió:

Now that mana leech values have been nerfed it is hard to sustain your attacks unless you use the mana leech support gem which cripples your damage. After all .. not using blood magic but using mana leech support makes absolutely no sense - you gain nothing... Actually you loose 1x50% aura and you gain problems with regen map mods in return for ... well ... nothing.
BUT
You can get the Revelry passive which makes a huge impact when it comes to mana and you can even put a jewel or two with 2 mana gain per hit ( magic/rare jewels can roll that mod. ) combine it with "some" mana leech and you should be fine,

ran a half regen legacy 75 plateau without mana problems. seems like ice crash's slow attack speed is working in it's favour. maybe i am in the clear after all. more testing required.

took mana flows instead of revelry. figured it is better. the 2 mana per hit from revelry is nice but leech problems occur vs single target and then revelry won't be of as much help imo.

running hatred + herald of ash as i did before awakening. i have 54% phys damage reduction. with lvl 20 determination i have 64%. doesn't feel worth it for just 10% reduction.

i don't agree there is nothing to gain from using mana leech. bm gem vs hypothermia which is 39% MORE dmg at lvl 20. huge dmg boost imo.

i have 72 base block + 3 from tempest. is there a jewel that can roll 3% block chance? then i can drop tempest shield. would be nice.

Dokyo: flame golem is worth a gem slot imo. but it dies all the time until it is high level. link to minion life if u have room maybe?
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 11 jul. 2015 22:03:13
@Dokyo
You i rarely use Phase run too .. and i'm not 100% if i'll stick to it.

The Fire golem is very nice in my opinion but it does die a lot even at high levels ( when in high level maps ) Linking it to Minion life and/or Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance should help with that so i'm considering the possibility of using one/both of them ... haven't figured that out yet... we'll see

@kompaniet
I mean mana leech support gem not mana leech as in an item mod ;)
No there are not 3% block mod for jewels, the highest is 1% i think.
As for the armour ... don't get fooled by the estimated % man ... the amount of flat armour values gained is huge and in high level maps it makes a difference.

P.S. As for hypothermia - it is nice but guys please remember that the extra damage is vs chilled enemies! That means that when you first hit an enemy you get 0% damage increase from hypothermia. I'm not saying that this is bad, i just wanted to make that clear.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
seem to get different run speeds with phase run. sometimes it's just slightly faster and sometimes it's super speed. what determines the speed boost?
If it does it is a bug and it's not supposed to do that.
Perhaps sometimes you have quicksilver flask used ?
no it was a bug like you said.

Fixed a bug where Phase Run would apply all existing movement speed bonuses a second time in addition to adding its own bonus.

seem to have been fixed now. too bad. i enjoyed running at super speeds. diablo 2 all over.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 12 jul. 2015 9:02:15
I've switched over to Ice Crash now that my gem is high enough level. It took me a couple maps to get used to the vastly slower attack style of it, but so far I'm overall liking it.

For links I was going Ice Crash - Added Fire - Fortify - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Hypothermia. It was working well enough, and when I swapped Hypothermia in it seemed to speed the process against bosses.

However, I decided to try throwing a Cold Penetration gem in there instead. I reasoned that given we're converting 50% of our physical damage to cold via Ice Crash and gaining 36% of our physical damage as cold from Hatred, Cold Penetration may help out a fair bit, especially on bosses.

I've found it very helpful in mowing down bosses. It might be something to check out for your sixth link in an Ice Crash setup. The thing I'm liking about Ice Crash is that it is very viable in a five link, which will help a lot in leagues.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
"
Eustacio escribió:
I decided to try throwing a Cold Penetration gem in there instead. I reasoned that given we're converting 50% of our physical damage to cold via Ice Crash and gaining 36% of our physical damage as cold from Hatred, Cold Penetration may help out a fair bit, especially on bosses.

I've found it very helpful in mowing down bosses. It might be something to check out for your sixth link in an Ice Crash setup. The thing I'm liking about Ice Crash is that it is very viable in a five link, which will help a lot in leagues.

Interesting, i'll try it later today to see how it feels.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional