[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I've just seen a lot of "Infernal Blow is terrible" and I was hoping it wouldn't be. So I hoped to point out that Infernal Blow could still put out a ton of damage if you built for it.

I like Ice Crash a lot, actually. I just need to figure out what I want for a sixth link. I do think that if you have a five link, Ice Crash is a better skill with everything else being the same. I'd like to give it another damage gem in my six link somewhere, but life leech might win out.
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
@Eustacio
You don't need a life leech support gem at all. Blood rage is more than enough.

Ok guys so i've uploaded the 5 legacy level 78 courtyard map videos so that you can compare the attacks , i've added them in the attack skill sections and i'll post them here too

Courtyard - Cyclone Facebreaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoVdVHHGGSA&feature=youtu.be

Courtyard - Dominating Blow Facebreaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nD9S7raB0I&feature=youtu.be

Courtyard - Frenzy Facebreaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7olZHaKRGs&feature=youtu.be

Courtyard - Ice Crash Facebreaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co6Nii842L4&feature=youtu.be

Courtyard - Infernal Blow Facebreaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Si5-hpYu3gE&feature=youtu.be
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Well it's not that Infernal blow is not playable it's just that there is no reason to play Infernal blow over let's say Ice Crash, the difference in clear speed and damage is just stunning. At the moment I'm uploading the 5 legacy white level 78 courtyard maps videos and you'll be able to compare each of them under pretty much the same conditions. For me it is clear that Cyclone and Ice Crash are just superior, while frenzy and infernal blow are far behind, i don't even want to talk about dominating blow ...

So yup you can play infernal blow but besides the way the skill looks i don't see a reason to do so. It's like going to the store - sure you can take the road that will get you there in half an hour, but why would you do that when you can take the other road that will get you there in 5 minutes ?

dominating blow can be good when you don't have great gear. for example right now on warbands league. it would be good in theory in act 4 with the rather high damage there. i have had 100 minions with the old version that lasted a shorter time from my understanding. that's the highest evasion you can get in this game. 1 out of 100 targets for monsters to choose from. can't get any safer.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 11 jul. 2015 14:01:14
Early on - perhaps, though the damage is miserable and what's even worse is that your minions' damage is also miserable ...
Is it safe - yes it is, but that's pretty much all that it has to offer.
Getting many minions now is a bit hard because it takes a lot of time to actually kill those monsters ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 11 jul. 2015 14:13:15
I still don't understand the boots in your build. Hatred and determination can't be linked with blood magic since they would take 100% of your life. So it means out of 4 sockets you must have 2 linked (Flame golem and blood magic) and two solo sockets (determination and hatred) ? If so, since I got 4 linked item, i can't ''unlink'' the item ??? I dunno if my comprehension is wrong and those 4 gems are supposed to be linked together in wich case it cost too much life :/ meh, I'm a noob, enlight me

oH JEEZ U CAN UNLINK, U CAN'T UNSOCKET --__--
Editado por útlima vez por Slowzombie en 11 jul. 2015 16:40:01
Yup, you can unlink an item. It the end you've figured it out on your own ^^
Well you see Carcass Jack used to be the perfect chest for Facebreaker cyclone but that is no longer the case.

what changed to make carcass jack no longer the perfect chest for cyclone?
I just like Lightning coil to lighten the dmg from abyssus, good combo imo
@kompaniet
Well i've explained that many times in the past 10-20 pages of the thread but i'll do so again ^^
Because of the concentrated effect nerf the cyclone aoe with it is so bad that an inc AoE support gem is mandatory. Adding blood magic, faster attacks and cyclone itself you are left with one free socket so you need to loose fortify ( huge los in defenses ) or melee physical damage ( huge loss in offenses )
If you run Cyclone + melee physical + blood magic + faster attacks + added fire damage + fortify you get more of everything compared to the setup where you use conc. effect and inc. aoe .
But to run this gem combination you need RRRRGG which so extremely hard to get with carcass jack ( you need to spend on average ~2700 chroms to get those colors based on the chrom calculator calculations )
Now the reason to use Carcass jack was to be able to use conc effect and inc aoe in the first place to further negate the aoe radius loss. But now when not only you don't need conc effect but it is counter-productive to do so the reason to use carcass jack no longer exists thus chest which were better initially and which now can have the desired colors are a much better choice.

@Slowzombie
Lightning coil is good but it has some drawbacks. It's getting really hard to cap your lightning res without spending passive skill points, you must use Purity of Lightning to maximize the effect of the chest and that mean that you need to drop a more useful aura.
After further testing of Cyclone + Blood Magic + Melee physical damage + faster attacks + Fortify + Concentrated effect in Carcass Jack ( RRRGGB ) vs. Blood Magic + Melee physical damage + faster attacks + Fortify + Added Fire damage in Daresso's Defiance ( RRRRGG ) i came to the following conclusions:

1. Using concentrated effect and Carcass Jack of course gives more damage ( which is no surprise ) though the onslaught from Daresso makes up for that to some extend
2. Using concentrated effect and Carcass Jack leaves you with less AoE radius but it is manageable ( though keep in ind that i have extra AOE radius from my corrupted belt )
3. Using Daresso's Defiance certainly makes you tankier - more armour, more evasion, more life leech, dodge, max endurance charges all almost all the time, less blood rage degen ( due to no energy shield )

So if you ask me for my opinion...
Is Concentrated effect + Carcass Jack playable?
Yes, it is.
Is Daresso's Defiance better?
Yes, it is.
How about Concentrated Effect in Darreso instead of added fire damage?
More damage, more defenses ( compared to carcass ), very low AoE. If you are fine with the AoE go ahead and use it, if you find the aoe radius way too small - stick to added fire damage.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 11 jul. 2015 19:55:05

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional