[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I'm really glad that i could help both with my guide and with the current problem!
If there is anything in the guide that was poorly explained or something that i've forgot to explain at all... please do tell me so i could fix it! :)
The guide has been around for quite some time now ... and i've always tried to cover everything and keep it up-to date but sometimes i forget about this and that ( i.e. i've forgot to explain that it's not a good idea to start using cyclone as soon as you can - level 31 ).
Ahh ... there will be so much work when the Awakening comes out ... it's both fun and a bit exhausting :P
Anyway enough rambling ... i hope and i think that these changes will help with your situation and of course after leveling a couple of more levels it will become even better ... but if anything goes wrong feel free to post here again and we'll see what we can do :)
Best of luck!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 19 may. 2015 19:29:27
Right now my dps is around 18k, and I noticed a lot of others are much higher and can break 50k dps even.

What kind of gear upgrades do I need at this point to increase my dps further? Another 20-30k seems pretty steep and I know my gear isn't ideal but that significant amount of dps should come from somewhere.

The only places I can think of that I might scrape some extra dps in are....

my lefthand ring, has no physical dps on it whatsoever
and possibly a 6L carcass, with all of the damage gems level 20, at 20% quality?
Editado por útlima vez por thekryptkeeper1200 en 19 may. 2015 20:05:02
well comparing my dps ( 44k ) and yours ( 18k ) here are the differences:
- 20/20% gems and level 20 auras
- you have less damage related nodes in your passive tree at the moment
- you have 745% Facebreaker gloves and have 1000% ( that's a big difference )
- one of your rings has no flat physical damage ( that's a big difference )
- your amulet has a lot less flat physical damage ( that's a big difference )
Well that's about it. The less total flat physical damage from your gear as well as the lower rolled facebreakers are responsible for the loss of around 15k DPS
The 6L doesn't make a difference in term of DPS in this case because i'm usign Increased AoE Support gem wich gives no DPS
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 19 may. 2015 20:07:56
for KorgothBG
I don't undersatnd well. If i use only cromatic i have a probability (average) plus then use Vorici whit 1R... why do you think it's better second way?
in average how many cromatic i have to buy? if a good probality is about 40 cromatic i have to buy 100?
tHK all for your help
Alfmax
Well the average chances are pretty much the same but with vorici i'll have to do a couple of tries.... idk man ... doing either one of them is ok it's up to you which one ^^
As for how many chroms well ... buy 100 it should be enough .. if not buy another 100 .. if you can afford a 6L chest you surely can afford to buy 100s of chroms right ?
But how many you'll eventually need ... no one knows ... ~40 is on average ... but that means that you can be very lucky and it can happen which just 1 chrom ... or you could be very unlucky and you'll need 500 chroms ... but usually you'll need 40 that's all :)
Hi Korgot
I have one more question for u today :D
I dont know why u say cyclone is the best for bosses and atzi? when i use frenzy, my dps is higher than cyclone about 20% ( no melee splash)
After i used four cromatic i had this situation: RRRBGG.

I try add fire gem and my dps increse from 37.000 to 47.000.....

Now i understand that increased area effect is important to neutralize concentrated effect, but i can sacrifice 10.000 dps?
I post you my gear. Could you give me suggestions?
Spoiler

Usual skield are
Spoiler

What do you think about this one? if i wear it i have 1350 energy skield...
Spoiler

p.s. my tree is perfectly equal yours. where i can put my final points?
THK
Alfmax
@leviathaHF
I've explained that maaaaaaaany times :P
Anyway so the cyclone tooltip dps does not show your actual DPS with cyclone so even if your frenzy has higher tooltip dps your cyclone kills faster with its lower tooltip dps ... hmmm ... i'll make a video to show what i mean later today :)

@Alfmax
Well i'll say it yet again ... i've done extensive testing and sure added fire damage adds plenty of dps but your clear speed is slower with it compared to increased AOE.
As for the shield .. well having more ES is cool and all ... but in reality since you don't have a way to leech it/regen it back you'll be at 0 ES most of the time ... so it doesn't really matter. It has no life, low armour, low block ... i wouldn't use it even if someone payed me too... but in the end it's up to you ^^
As for the last points ... well .. more life or more damage/attack speed nodes that's it .

P.S. Come on guys ... tooltip DPS means absolutely nothing ... it's all about how good you perform in reality and how fast you clear ... a quick example : I used to have an explosive arrow marauder with 120 tooltip DPS ... he used to clear high level maps pretty fast ;)
Ok so here is the video comparing the boss killing speed of Cyclone ( 44187 DPS ) vs Dominating Blow ( 62312 DPS with same physical:cold:fire % ratio as Cyclone ) vs Infernal Blow ( 77628 DPS with much higher fire damage but lower physical damage )
The results speak for themselves :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXIaN6461QU&feature=youtu.be
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 may. 2015 5:45:10
thank for the video Korg :D

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional