[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
KorgothBG escribió:
As for the Fortify - it does not work with conter-attacks.

That's disappointing, but I should have known better since counter-attacks aren't active skill gems. I'm hesitant to give up Added Fire Damage in my 6L (a solid 9k dps of my 39k total) since I don't have a legacy Facebreaker to make up the damage, but I might have to. Or link Fortify to Dominating Blow and have two attacks, neither of which is a movement skill? Yuck. The downside of Abyssus is pretty huge :(

How do you fare in Vulnerability and physical reflect maps? I see on the first page that you say physical reflect isn't terribly dangerous since Cyclone deals many small hits, but physical reflect maps are practically impossible for me, and Vulnerability is a bad idea.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 23 may. 2015 10:19:38
Of course you can't do reflect maps and have problems with vulnerability.
3 words - old ones ward.
Also sure you hage grace and ir ... but thats nowhere near to lioneye and determination ... just check your armour amounts and mine.... and on top of that i save up passives and have a pretty nice evasion rating.
That means that your armour is crap and that means that reflect is unmanageable and vulnerability is scary.
Same for abyssus downside... it can be doubled and i won't really care... i'll say it again... forget what people told you about armour!!!! Armour is insanely good once when you stack enough of it!
For your damage ... your amulet man ... it has close to no phys dmg... you lose ~7k dps just from there...

Now for the added fire ... again ... guys... never trust your tooltip dps. Sure it gives you 9k ...vs enemies with no fire resits... and i must remind you that all bosses are resistant to elementsl damage... so in the end fortify will give you less tooltip but because it is physical hoodt you'll actually deal more... and on top if that - fortify buff!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 may. 2015 10:54:28
While I am waiting for the release to see the final changes we have to work with, I am already interested in the apparently mandatory fortify buff(such a high mitigation buff does sound to good to pass).

So far it only exists as a support gem and as a side-effect from the vigilant strike skill, correct? (there was information about it as a skill-tree jewel, but I think that was false info)
How long is the duration of fortify? I would need to put it in my chest cyclone link and sacrifice a slot of something but was also thinking about vigilant strike on a weapon swap and re-apply whenever time's up?
Editado por útlima vez por cullschmall en 23 may. 2015 11:22:56
Fortify lasts 4 seconds. The support gem also gives a big chnk of increased physical damage ... something that eople tend to forget or overlook ... it gives almost as much damage increase as the increased melee physical damage support gem... so i really don't see a gem that is currently better than fortify for this build. What would you rather use ... added fire damage ?! Having vigilant strike on swap with a weapon ... sounds aweful ... swaping and reapplying the buff every couple of seconds ... no thanks.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
ok, 4 seconds is really too much of a hassle to refresh manually and with the damage bonus its not as bad as I thought. thanks for the info!
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Of course you can't do reflect maps and have problems with vulnerability.
3 words - old ones ward.
Also sure you hage grace and ir ... but thats nowhere near to lioneye and determination ... just check your armour amounts and mine.... and on top of that i save up passives and have a pretty nice evasion rating.

Ok, I found a new amulet and started using a 1400 EV shield with IR and Grace (35k dps instead of 39k with Old One's Ward), and my physical damage reduction is now 66%, which is better than Lioneye's + Determination (but not necessarily better than having evasion on top of high armour). That does allow me to do reflect maps as long as I have Blood Rage going, although I unsurprisingly have to be super careful around reflect packs in reflect maps. Using Old One's Ward puts me at 55% reduction. Not bad, but the difference is definitely scary. Old One's Ward works great outside of reflect maps, though.

New Setup

I like that you have high armour and decent evasion. I wonder what that extra evasion is comparable to in terms of extra physical damage reduction? Like, at what point/value is physical damage reduction better than evasion + armour? I'm not expecting an answer here, I just wonder if there's an equation to adequately compare pure armour with armour + evasion.

"
Now for the added fire ... again ... guys... never trust your tooltip dps. Sure it gives you 9k ...vs enemies with no fire resits... and i must remind you that all bosses are resistant to elementsl damage... so in the end fortify will give you less tooltip but because it is physical hoodt you'll actually deal more... and on top if that - fortify buff!

Argh, I completely overlooked that Fortify gives extra damage. Well that's a no-brainer then.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Editado por útlima vez por Tempada en 23 may. 2015 17:44:41
You say you get more armour with the 1400 ev shield + grace + IR compared to lioneye + determination? I'm curious - what's the difference ... i mean what are the armour values with each of the options ?
As for when armour + ev is better then just armour ... can't really say ... when it comes to reflect .. ev has no effet because of the RT .. as for the other situations ... it's hard to say really .. depends on the values and on your opponents . Important note tho ... armour reduces only physical but evasion evades all types of attacks be it physical or elemental or even chaos.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 23 may. 2015 23:03:41
"
KorgothBG escribió:
You say you get more armour with the 1400 ev shield + grace + IR compared to lioneye + determination? I'm curious - what's the difference ... i mean what are the armour values with each of the options ?

I'm sorry, I was mistaken. With Belly of the Beast, IR, Grace, and either of these shields

I get 66% physical damage reduction. With Determination instead, I get 69% reduction with either shield. I'll be using Determination from now on! Without IR, I get 66% reduction with Lioneye's and 16% chance to evade. If I drop IR and take Diamond Skin to cap my resists, I'm left with 3 points to play with, 5% less movement speed, and those stats. Maybe I will drop IR and try to get a Lioneye's with more life.

"
armour reduces only physical but evasion evades all types of attacks be it physical or elemental or even chaos.

Exactly. Really hard to quantify because of that.

Thanks for all of your responses :)
Don't forget that evade chance and phys reduction are only estimated! They can be more and they can be less based on who is attacking you... just to beggin with they are based on your level. The estimated numbers If you have exactly the same armour rating at lvl 70 and at level 90 are different but do absolutely the same ... so yeah here is another tooltip that can't be trusted and that doesn't mean much.
Hello,i tried to run 3 auras and use mana for my infernal blow ,the problem is that i don't have sufficient mana left ,i need at least 60-70 so i can cast my infernal blow,if i can do that i will don't need a 5l chest for the blood magic ,or use a 5l chest like one with 6l .I also tried with " sovereignty " the passiv skill point and a lvl 20 reduced mana for 3 auras(i want to use determination/hatred/haste or herald of ash ) but got only around 30 mana left .Can you advice me and tell me if it's possible and what i must chance ?Also why i die so fast at dominus fight in game(not on maps) got around 15k armour + all resist >100 (chaos resist -60 ) i can survive the touch of god but when he discharge electricity my life is going down very fast (got +4k life).

my passive tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABLMFLQY5CTMM9w3NFCAVIBXsFy8ZtBo-G5ccziLiJIsqTStQLOkvzDJONZI8LT0PPydAoEd-R-JKyEz_UEdRYFnzXhNfP2BLYuxk52VNZp5nm2jybqpyqXTtd-N5OXrvfNl-4oTZhO-K5JkrogCkOamVrKqsr64-r2y18raKtz65Hb02vYG-p8AawGbAv8GCxPbGrsqQytPQgdE22L3iLORR6dXvDvAf8i_zBvcy-tL7qv4K_lQ=

my gear :

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional