[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Higher level maps sure helped. Went from 2% exp per map to 8% :D
Well it turned out that i have some time so i've made the new "Killing Queen Atziri" section!
I hope you find it helpful guys ! ^^

Edit:
Also check out my hideout thread:
Ruins in the Forest ( level 8 Lush Hideout )

P.S.
Special thanks to Philip Lee for his generous donation!
More funding for GGG, morepoints for KorgothBG ! ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 20 sept. 2014 9:17:25
Thx for guide and contributions, but quick question...

Your passive tree includes Mana Flows and some other Mana nodes, which make sense if you stick with Infernal Blow (using Mana). But if/when we switch to Aztiri build I assume you change some things up? For instance, with Carcass Jack instead of Armor-based, do you move to Iron Reflexes? Is the mana worth anything when using blood magic?

Or do you just temporarily switch from IB to Cyclone for Atziri, and then go back to IB?

Just curious...before I drop the 30ex into 6L Carcass I want to make sure I'm doing it right!

Thanks
At the moment i'm using cyclone in general you can check the passive tree that im using in the "my build" section. Mana flows is useless with cyclone since you need a bm gem to use it. And no i don't use ir with it... so many wasted point plus the loss of the chance to evade... it's just not worth it.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I've tested some maps without increased area of effect and used added fire damage support gem ( yes i've changed colors ) and it seems like the AoE loss is barely noticable.. so i guess i'll stick to added fire damage and due to the new colors i can switch it to life leech for more tankiness if it's needed. I'll do some more testing and i'll update the screenshots if needed - with added fire damage i gain around 10k more DPS and i end up at ~56k DPS.
Ive barely had time to play since rampage/beyond went live.

But the one character Ive made is a facebreaker.

And current equipment.

I'm running Hatred and Vitality as of now.

With that crappy eq I'm looking at
76/75/75 res
3500 life

Im relying on Warlords Mark for both life and mana leech
My Infernal blow deeps is currently 15k.

Next points are gonna be spent on Block clusters and the End charge near Golem's blood. I might drop mana flows.

Im planning on using a self cast immortal call setup and will be generating charges with self cast enduring cry and from the warlords mark curse. Having charges up also help mitigating the increased phys damage from abyssus.

Anyways, how does this looks?

Keep in mind that I'm very poor in ramapage (since I barely played it) so its a given my current eq sucks balls.
I'm worried about partying where I won't be able to rely on the leech from the curse. I might run into mana problems.

Looks ok to me.
Take care of your block because your shield has terrible block chance. If you don't need the resists on it or if you can take care of them with your tree/other gear parts i'strongly suggest that you buy a crest of perandus - it's dirt cheap and extremely powerful.

Also think about dropping added fire damage and use faster attacks instead.
"
KorgothBG escribió:
Looks ok to me.
Take care of your block because your shield has terrible block chance. If you don't need the resists on it or if you can take care of them with your tree/other gear parts i'strongly suggest that you buy a crest of perandus - it's dirt cheap and extremely powerful.

Also think about dropping added fire damage and use faster attacks instead.

I need my current shield to cap my resists, just like you guessed. Its a pretty tight fit right now, so I can't rearrange the res on my other pieces. Eventually and gradually I will be replacing my gear for better pieces. The main issue here is lack of time to play lately, hehe.

And I did try faster attacks instead of added fire but currently I'm more worried about consistency. Added fire is just easier on my mana. Mind, it still runs out and shoots blanks now and then but when using FA instead it starts getting annoying. Im hoping it gets better as I level my red mana gem and grab leech and mana regen on gear.
To sum it up: Currently its easier to manage my mana with added fire

Fortunately I'm not too worried about dps right now. With 15k I can face roll the lowest tier maps, which is what I need to do to level up anyway.

Thanks for the input!
OK guys i've decided to stick to the increased are of effect support gem. It's not that bad without it but the desync began to be very annoying due to the lower skill radius. The 44k DPS is absolutely more than enough to destroy anything in seconds .. Atziri, level 78 map bosses, rogue exiles ... you name it! And to be honest the extra 12k DPS from added fire damage is not that noticeable as it sounds. Don't forget that many things in PoE have high fire resistance.
I guess the desync is the major reason for my decision ... it's very bad without inc AoE.

So ... yup ... i'll be sticking to my bigger skill radius and my lower 44k DPS.
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 sept. 2014 13:34:41
This seems odd (use lightning-coil, herald of ash, dominating blow):
but when I kill something (blue dark forest - more magic monsters, inc monster damage), it gets turned into a minion just fine - but then the minion(s) keeps on burning for the overdamage-ignite (this is true for even a single enemy!)
Jumped to catacombs - but the effect is so bad, that white converted enemies burn to death!!!
Is this some kind of strange bug on the server???
If not, then ash is not compatible with DB! (Did I miss it being written somewhere?)

Anyways, cheers.

EDIT: took some screenshots, but posting them here seems to be a bit involved... oh well.
IGN: AngelicWitchy - CET+2
Editado por útlima vez por CoronaBunny en 21 sept. 2014 18:20:17

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional