[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Mmm, i've been using BoR , would u guys say armour + Abyssus would be a better choice ? i might change to it ...

My current gear :

And what do u guys think about going Abyssus + Lightning coil 5L ? Would that be viable?
Editado por útlima vez por mandodiao en 19 jun. 2014 14:20:17
As i've repeatedly said Abyssus + 6L Chest is ALOT better than Legacy BoR .. i won't even talk about the nerfed BoR which is a terrible item if you can afford anything better. I would even go further by saying that a 5L Chest + Abyssus is ALOT better than Nerfed BoR.

Pros. of 6L + Abyssus
+ more Damage
+ more Armour/Evasion ( depending on the chest type )
+ more Resists
+ more attributes

Cons.
- 15% less block ( manageable with passive skill points .. after all you'll probably respec resist passives when you ditch the BoR )
- 40% more physical damage ( it looks scary but in this case it's not that bad, you'll have more armour, you still won't be able to kill yourself vs phys reflect and you have capped or close to max block chance leading to very few actual physical hits taken .. and of course keep in mind that more damage means faster killing speed and that means less time for your enemies to hit you.. )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I am really looking forward to seeing what this can do with elite gear, with determination and my granite flask I hit around 22k armor or more, but am kinda stalled out at around 5k dps and would like a little bit of help with gear as far as critique and what would you change up a little bit and what to look for mainly till I can afford the uniques. my gear is as follows,

Spoiler

my res's are all capped out so I wont need to upgrade that just keep similar stats on the upgrades to maintain it more or less. any help would be much appreciated. also will mention so far map bosses are a joke and rogue exiles I can afk them and not die so I am def loving this build.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
This is a very enjoyable build, so first I'd like to thank you for sharing this masterpiece. I'm reaching endgame and it is a definite cakewalk, showcasing those 16k dps at lvl 61/62 :) I'm really looking forward to see how better gear will affect it. I have a question, though. It is mentioned somewhere in the guide that amplify should be taken, but it is not taken in your tree. It seems important, if it affects splash and explosion, right?

this is my gear atm:
Spoiler
Editado por útlima vez por ed_jpa en 21 jun. 2014 2:39:13
"
KorgothBG escribió:
As i've repeatedly said Abyssus + 6L Chest is ALOT better than Legacy BoR .. i won't even talk about the nerfed BoR which is a terrible item if you can afford anything better. I would even go further by saying that a 5L Chest + Abyssus is ALOT better than Nerfed BoR.

Pros. of 6L + Abyssus
+ more Damage
+ more Armour/Evasion ( depending on the chest type )
+ more Resists
+ more attributes

Cons.
- 15% less block ( manageable with passive skill points .. after all you'll probably respec resist passives when you ditch the BoR )
- 40% more physical damage ( it looks scary but in this case it's not that bad, you'll have more armour, you still won't be able to kill yourself vs phys reflect and you have capped or close to max block chance leading to very few actual physical hits taken .. and of course keep in mind that more damage means faster killing speed and that means less time for your enemies to hit you.. )

I think you are being too harsh here. The difference between legacy bor and normal bor is 6% attack speed and -70 life on average. It's not a terrible item in my world.

I decided to share a little information what you can expect with different setups.
Perhaps someone will find it interesting when shopping for gear.

Here is some typical gear i used when testing.

Spoiler

Only hatred lvl 20 active. No other buffs.
I used the q20 gems and items linked above unless otherwise stated.

Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb: 40319 dps
Abyssus + 5L (w/o fa) + Legacy fb: 29212 dps

Abyssus + 6L + Normal fb: 32858 dps
Abyssus + 5L (w/o fa) + Normal fb: 23806 dps

Legacy bor + Legacy fb: 28783 dps
Legacy bor + Normal fb: 23438 dps

I don't have a normal bor to use for testing. So i will just use abyssus with lower fa levels to show the difference (That's the only difference between the two items)

Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 17/q20 fa(51 ias): 40319 dps
Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 15 fa(39 ias): 37695 dps
Abyssus + 6L + Legacy fb + lvl 1 fa(25 ias): 34722 dps

As illustrated above the lower level fa on normal bor vs legacy bor (-6% ias) should not be a deterrent. It will never be noticable.

Edit: A minor correction to korgothbg. Might just be a type you did. I think it is. But in any case it's not 40-50% more physical damage taken with abyssus. It's 40-50% increased damage taken so it's not so bad.

Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 21 jun. 2014 9:05:01
@sedateisland

Well 3 things will improve your Damage significantly:
1. Use Hatred!
2. Get an Abyssus
3. Get a 5-6L chest

another option instead of 2. + 3. is to get a BoR

That's all :)

@ed_jpa

About Amplify.
I've been asked a few pages ago .. and basicly ... it's a 100% must have passive. It is nice it increases your damage and the AoE of your splash and explosions, but the increase is not that huge to make it key passive node. To pick it or not .. it's up to you ... in the end it won't make or break your character ;)

@kompaniet

Well maybe i am too harsh... but i actually never liked even the legacy BoR .. so you can see how the nerfed one seems terrible to me. Because BoR used to give no resists and a lot less damage ... but now even the life of the helmet is bad. That's all.

Awesome work with the calculations! It's interesting ( for me at least ) to see the exact numbers :)

And you are right about the Abyssus ( from your edit. ) That's exactly what i meant ^^
I try .. but English is not my first language :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Editado por útlima vez por KorgothBG en 21 jun. 2014 13:37:35
"
KorgothBG escribió:
@sedateisland

Well 3 things will improve your Damage significantly:
1. Use Hatred!
2. Get an Abyssus
3. Get a 5-6L chest

another option instead of 2. + 3. is to get a BoR

That's all :)

well now I have upgraded to a 5l chest and am working on getting an abyssus, although I am kinda poor right now so that's slow going, and after using hatred with determination I am now running around 11k and running maps 4 lvls above me and loving it. thanks for sharing the build :) this is fun to play around with.
The past is a ghost that haunts you from the moment it exists, until the moment you do not.
"
KorgothBG escribió:

@kompaniet

Well maybe i am too harsh... but i actually never liked even the legacy BoR .. so you can see how the nerfed one seems terrible to me. Because BoR used to give no resists and a lot less damage ... but now even the life of the helmet is bad. That's all.

Awesome work with the calculations! It's interesting ( for me at least ) to see the exact numbers :)

And you are right about the Abyssus ( from your edit. ) That's exactly what i meant ^^
I try .. but English is not my first language :)

Yes i know what you mean korgothbg. I was thinking more like even with nerfed bor you will still be able to do around 20k aoe dps. It's not so bad for a resolute technique build and allows you to do all maps lvl 66 to 78.

But you are right. In the end you lose a lot of dps compared to abyssus. And abyssus is much cheaper.

Bor's main selling point is the additional 15% block chance imo now that life has been nerfed.

With 70% block with abyssus you take 30% damage.
With 75% block with bor you take 25% damage.

70% block chance instead of 75% is almost 17% more damage taken.

When bor is on 75% block you have to spend another 5 passive points to get 70% block chance with abyssus.

Overall after playing with both helmets i would say abyssus is still the winner overall.
Why? Because the extra physical damage taken both via less block chance and increased damage taken on the helm are never really too noticable.

I only ran into one situation with abyssus where i actually died and would have preferred bor. It was vs the book boss in academy 76 map. And i only had 60% (spell)block chance (with saffell) at that time while testing.

But if survival is more important bor is better. 15% extra block chance is unbeatable.

I will still stick with bor mainly because i don't have and cannot afford a 6L chest and i won't gain any extra dps with abyssus + 5L chest.
Editado por útlima vez por kompaniet en 22 jun. 2014 14:55:55
I saw ColbyCheeze's video about how Facebreakers were very fast for leveling so decided to give it a try this weekend. I started with Duelist as it was the only class I didn't have at high level, and now found this thread. Indeed this is the fastest I've gotten to maps on any build, just a weekend and not even all weekend.

I soloed all the way to Dominus without dying to a boss (died twice to strongboxes though without ID'ing them). I took on Dominus at L62 and <2.5k health. That was a mistake, died 3 times. Kept getting stun-locked due to low health and so couldn't run away fast enough. After that fight I looked at passive tree and decided to spec into Unwavering Stance.

How do you folks get so much life? At L67 I now have 2.7k life, 16.9k DPS. I have no life on my jewelry. The LC is from my Shadow so I plan to keep using it rather than buy a new 5L chest.

Spoiler

I plan to use this ring I found
once I can replace the other mana leech ring and then spec into the missing resists via passive tree. Don't think I can trade the ammy for a life one though, any with sufficient resists were quite expensive.

I can save on some passive resists if I dump my found shield for this one
Spoiler

but I think it's better to use 1 or 2 passives for resists than to give up 7% block.

My current tree is as follow, with 4 skill points not yet used (need to use 1 or 2 for resists above Sentinel once I change rings). I'll likely take this build to ~L75 before the season ends. Any suggestions for where to head in order to get more defense? Just more life nodes or more shield nodes? thanks

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQthDjwUIBRxGJEb-iXfJy8ppTGeNZJGaUd-SshN404qUEdVtVcNWK9eE18_YEthIWVNapNuaW6qcql07XgNeWh673zZhNmE74jxkc6ZK57Nn8ugtKQZpKymV6cwqBipbqvFrK-18rZBu-28n72Bvoq-p8APwQTDhsS40iHSTdXt1fji6uOf5FHnke8O8i_zBvcy9777qv4K_o8=

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional