PoE client as Torrent download

Not everyone connections are the same. Besides they're are pros and cons to both options.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
Also remember that with the rolling admission the server load from downloads will be substantially reduced because it'll be spread out between now and release.
Forum Sheriff
"
zeto escribió:
"
grabi escribió:
"
eversorgod escribió:
lol torrents are illegal, atleast try and be a tad sly about trolling rusty

Actually torrents and torrent clients are not illegal. If you download game, movie, music or something else protected by copyrights, yea its piracy. But there are also many old / amateur-made games, amateur movies, music and programs available as free. As PoE is free to play game, then game client will be for free, then its actually not piracy and it will only help game to attract more people (= more $ for GGG) as there are countries like my own where peoples have lower connection speed making torrent the fastest method to download game.

Also i could say that about 70-80% of free mmo games have option to download game client via torrent.

It's important to read the entire thread. Rusty posted the comment that they were illegal, which was just a troll, which is what eversorgod was commenting on.

"
Rustychops escribió:
you were saying eversorgod ;D

:-D
My english isnt so good so i thought that we are trollin rusty ;p
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Court-Orders-Mininova-to-Remove-All-Illegal-Torrents-120155.shtml
see torrents are illegal
Illegal torrents are illegal :)
"
Chris W: "One of our early goals was that players would be killing their first zombie within five minutes of hearing about the game."

Taken from an interview. Unless, of course, you were just trolling, but still. I'm thinking the game client won't be excessively large.
"Instead of praising what you do not understand, try understanding what you do not praise."
- Charles L. Haeldrik
Yeah probably around 160 megs. I wont download it otherwise.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
If you live in sweden you can do about 1 gig in 5 mins

i would be surprised if its under 1.5gig
A company I tested for used a progressive downloading system that was fairly incredible.

1. You download their core front end...
2. Core FE downloads the login screen and chat interface.
3. Chat interface downloads First Zone.
4. After that the rest of the game is progressively downloaded and installed in the background.

All content is transferred over a torrent with a guaranteed seed from the company.

This system literally meant that you could download the first say, 50MB and be in the game playing... took about 2 minutes from download time until you were inside the first zone.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional