PoE client as Torrent download

A lot of games recently started using Torrent as download source for client. Some are even Torrent-only downloads. It saves a lot of bandwidth on Devs side, and many times works much faster than "classic" download. GGG, go for it!
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
Este hilo se ha archivado automáticamente. Las respuestas están desactivadas.
I really do not care in which way they offer the client to download. I think that it depends on the server capacity. If they have the capacity, they should go for normal downloads, if not a torrent would be the best way...
I really don't think it would be hard to offer both methods. Torrents are often faster but of course some people will have problems connecting/using torrents or they feel it is insecure. The torrent is a good way to have a faster download without chewing up host data, and a regular download is important as an alternative.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
i agree with both methods. the direct file would be a better idea for newer gamers :P the torrent for us nerds :)
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
torrent for sure. most server based downloads never seem to go above 200kb and get mega choked at release
"
tormenta escribió:
A lot of games recently started using Torrent as download source for client. Some are even Torrent-only downloads. It saves a lot of bandwidth on Devs side, and many times works much faster than "classic" download. GGG, go for it!
ok
where can download th client ?
"
alexalex escribió:
where can download th client ?

Not released yet :)

Here's a thread that holds a summary of info:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/469

I am a poor freezingly cold soul
So far from where
I intended to go
Torrents are a great method to distribute software, however they come at a price.

Torrents are a good way for people to gain an IP database to attack once they find security holes in the client.

If the GGG team seal up their message processing methods really tight, then torrents are the best way for sure, since you not only get the download speed of GGG as a seeder, but also everyone else.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
Torrents are illegal. GGG don't want you pirating their game.
Cheaper than free... Speedtree

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional