[3.25] ONE MEGAFISTO MAN - ONESHOT EVERY BOSS

Video of the build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7OI63KQWeg

Saluta-

I mean, hello Exile. Have you ever wanted to oneshot* every single content in the game with a single FISTO? Well, now you can!

With this HC Viable Gladiator Build, you too can finally get out of paying for someone else to run your Searing Exarch for that final voidstone.

Let's get into the build: You will be using CRUSHING FIST as your main gem.

Crushing Fist is a Retaliation skill that you can use for a few seconds after blocking, whether it be an attack or spell that you've blocked. It deals a large amount of damage in a Slam in front of your character.

This build uses this gem and scales its damage to astronomical heights, to the point of using it (directly or indirectly) to oneshot every single monster (Yes, this includes bosses).

But hold! Is this build a glass cannon? No!

Sporting a comfortable 82/81/80 maximum resistance at the time of writing, 5 endurance charges and 30000 Armor before flasks AND LUCKY 70% chance to block attacks / 67% chance to block spells, you'll be chilling in any map. Just be careful to avoid spooky ground effects.

This is the current tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.25.0/AAAABgQCegomXhMUTRx1AecNzaluFezfqfxLG_pTu4N5wL-S0CtQ-OuuPvgCvqcFLfZI70667l_a9HyS9xjbd-M9_KmVAvavp-oYGlXpRka3Bou_1Yrwm-A7FF8_RHfd591T3CfvDtNvFCAczryfNujQLKyvz3507cqQZ5t2rA48xq4UcQsZGn_F98T2R34ppVhjxKTCDXTxrJ_pub9WiGU5hlfQ97VTTKcovTa5HSS6u-3BBHloYSEj6mWF6n_-VKQZeqify0Cgn4kM9-RRkc6Mz4TvEuGE2YIHAdxqO1BHIOPRo0QVPE3ZfBebJd86rSFgOlJlTRiReu8ACSNyg3m6GvR8_WsLGU8xwg2pLL9W1uVX0K8oU0wQ36cochl6qA==

The Tree focuses on two main things: block and impale

Block is very important, as MEGAFISTO can only be used after you've blocked. It also provides us with a healthy amount of safety.

It focuses on Impale Effect as well for one simple reason: With the keystone The Impaler, hits that inflict Impale will inflict 5 additional impales, for a total of 6. We take Brutal Skewering for "Impales you inflict last 1 additional Hit" and the Watcher's Eye Unique Jewel with a similar mod that grands 2.

In total we have 5 (base) + 1 (Notable) + 2 (Jewel) hits per Impale, and we apply 6 of them. This means that when we Impale, the enemy will have 6 impales that each last for 8 hits, each storing 20.9% of our initial damage per hit. This gives a total of 20.9% x 6 x 8 = 10.032x damage stored (Over 10 times the initial damage!)

We also take the skill gem Lancing Steel

We do not want to use this gem for the ability it grants on the tin, rather we want Call of Steel. Call of Steel allows you to recall all impales on any target that is impaled, dealing Area damage around them equal to the damage stored.

In our case, this means dealing 10 times the damage of our first hit.

The ascendancy points focus on having a higher block chance, and making our block chance lucky, which roughly increases it to 90% chance to block, Retaliate skills, which make our Crushing Fist usable for longer, with a chance to not consume a cooldown, and the last point is an overall damage increase, which is useful for pinnacle bosses.

The gameplay loop then becomes:

1. Approach a monster who you do not care much for.
2. Wait for them to provoke you (we only fight back if we get hit first).
3. Retaliate with your MEGAFISTO.
4. On the offchance that a single FIST did not teach your enemy not to mess with you, all it takes is Call of Steel to deal 10 times the original damage.

The support gems linked to Crushing Fist are:

1. Impale (Most Important, maxes your chance to Impale)
2. Fist of War (Second Most Important, doubles your damage)
3. Pulverize
4. Melee Physical Damage
5. Brutality

The video above was filmed with only 5 linked sockets, foregoing Brutality.

For your Auras, you will want Determination, a hefty boost to your Armour, and Pride, which will increase the physical damage taken by enemies, and later on enable your watcher's eye Jewel.

Finally, You will need 2 unique items:

Facebreaker, which will multiply your unarmed damage by 7 to 9 times as long as you are not wielding a weapon, and Abyssus, which will grant you large amounts of damage and a large critical strike multiplier.

But Unarmed attacks cannot normally critically strike, so why mention it?

There is an annoint that makes every 4th Retaliate skill critically strike. With these items, you will be critically striking for 3x damage every 4th hit. Counting your FISTs properly will allow you to ensure maximum damage gets dished out to the tankiest of enemies.

Finally, you want physical damage with attacks in every single piece of gear you can find it in. In this case, it is on Jewels, Rings and Amulets.

For your curses, you will want to run Poacher's Mark. It adds physical damage to attacks on marked enemies, which is a very big damage boost coupled with the above multipliers.

For your flasks, Lion's Roar
will help increase your defense by granting armour, as well as your offense by granting 10% more melee physical damage.

This build can still be upgraded further with items I do not currently have, such as a Flesh/Flame Jewel combo from the Champion Ascendancy, further improving the Impales of your character, Eldrich Implicits on your boots and Chest Piece, and better values for physical damage on jewelry.

When leveling, it is essential to grab Testudo, followed by Versatile Combatant, followed by all the impale chance nodes and The Impaler Keystone.

As soon as you reach the first ascendancy point, you should take Determined Survivor to maximize your chance to block.

For those of you who use PoB, this is what my current PoB looks like. It's far from optimized, but it was enough to get me all the way to t16's from leaguestart, and for pinnacle bosses such as Exarch in Hardcore (0 deaths!)

https://pobb.in/Fikvyf7W_hBl

After some more leveling, I have managed to acquire +30% average hit by changing my watcher's eye for one with impale + block chance. Doing so allowed me to drop Testudo in favour of Aggressive Bastion, which provides a lot more damage and also saves me 1 point, which I used for the shield mastery (2% increased damage per 75 armour or evasion).

The new current pob is https://pobb.in/y63VP8PQ5l17 which can reach a maximum Call of Steel hit of 80m, enough to oneshot Shaper!

I welcome any questions!

FAQ:

Q: Why am I running out of mana so much?
A: It is possible that your Cast When Damage Taken gem setup is eating all your mana. The purpose of Cast When Damage taken is to cast Molten Shell automatically. To this end, we leave both gems at level 1, since Cast When Damage taken cannot cast anything with a higher level requirement than itself (such as a level 20 Poacher's Mark). If you level this gem all the way to 20, it will end up casting spells you do not want it to if they are linked to it, wasting all your mana.

Q: My Impales are dealing no damage!
A: Thanks to the Keystone "The Impaler", the first hit on a monster that IMPALES will "lock" its impales on the target for 5 seconds, after which no other impales can be applied. If you hit a monster with Shield Charge or Cyclone and they get impaled, your Crushing Fist will not be able to Impale them for 5 seconds, losing out on precious damage. Always pay attention to the first skill that impales hitting your target! (Frostblink for example does not Impale, so if you want to dash towards an enemy without risking impaling with Shield Charge, use this spell!)

Q: What is the Purpose of Call of steel? Can't I just eat the impale stacks with Cyclone?
A: Call of Steel will call ALL impales you've inflicted after waiting the 5 seconds required by "The Impaler" Keystone. These will deal damage in an area around them. The best use case for Call of Steel is then to instantly kill any targets that are surrounded by impaled enemies (whether alive or dead, as long as they're impaled) or for situations where using Cyclone puts you in danger (such as a strong Degen effect near the target you want to consume the impales from).

Editado por útlima vez por Mewfour en 13 ago. 2024 17:57:26
Reflotado por última vez en 11 sept. 2024 11:54:52
Reserved :)
This is very interesting. I may give it a shot. Will you be using a pastbin at some point?
"
PuntingJawa escribió:
This is very interesting. I may give it a shot. Will you be using a pastbin at some point?

That's a good point, I'm leaving my PoB at my current level at the time of posting.

https://pobb.in/Fikvyf7W_hBl
I will try this, keep update please, seems a nice and different build to play...
I see you use some energy shield, on boots and on 1 ring, this is for something special?... Life leech dont works here yeh?...
Editado por útlima vez por Vyr75 en 6 ago. 2024 8:28:15
Hi, I like this build very much. I have one question, In the build you say that when something survives the megafisto, you use call of steel to recall all implaes, but The Impaler keystone says that you impales cannot be Called from enemies 5 second after applying impales. So I have to wait 5 seconds before calling the impales? Or does the build somehow workaround it?
I have the same problem, I don´t know when to recall impales, sometimes I do 0 damage and another times I 1 shot all, How does this exactly works?... Thanks in advance, I´m enjoying this build so much...
"
LordBoos escribió:
Hi, I like this build very much. I have one question, In the build you say that when something survives the megafisto, you use call of steel to recall all implaes, but The Impaler keystone says that you impales cannot be Called from enemies 5 second after applying impales. So I have to wait 5 seconds before calling the impales? Or does the build somehow workaround it?

You need to wait 5 seconds to recall all Impales. If this is too slow for you, you can use a fast hitting skill to consume all impales without waiting, such as cyclone.

In the video I linked above, at the very end, there's an example of this, where I use Crushing Fist on the Searing Exarch boss, and instead of waiting 5 seconds, I cyclone and consume all impale stacks on him quickly, preventing him from phasing into his invulnerable phase.

The gem setup in question is:

Cyclone - Added Accuracy - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike

The accuracy gem is there because we do not take RT to enable crits from our annoint, and as such cyclone wouldn't hit much at all without it.

Faster attacks let you eat through the impales faster, and culling strike finishes anything off that might survive at a sliver of hp.
"
Vyr75 escribió:
I have the same problem, I don´t know when to recall impales, sometimes I do 0 damage and another times I 1 shot all, How does this exactly works?... Thanks in advance, I´m enjoying this build so much...

The fun thing about impales is that they stick to dead corpses as well.

Which means that when you kill enemies with Crushing Fist, their bodies turn into ticking time bombs. After the 5 second wait timer, you can call all impales and effectively explode anything standing on top of the corpses.

If you time your crushing fists well enough in wave-based encounters for example, the timing on call of steel becomes instinctive and you never need to guess when you can call all the impales.

Alternatively, for single target damage, you can follow my cyclone recommendation on the reply above.
"
Vyr75 escribió:
I will try this, keep update please, seems a nice and different build to play...
I see you use some energy shield, on boots and on 1 ring, this is for something special?... Life leech dont works here yeh?...

The energy shield is purely coincidental, the items on the character are pretty mid-level because it's directly taken from my current character (leveling).

Ideal rings are Steel Rings with essenced Physical damage to attacks (prefix), life (prefix), -mana cost to non channeling skills (prefix) and resistances for suffixes.

You can swap some resistance mods for attributes if you cannot meet all the requirements.

The boots were picked for their high life and Chaos resistance, which you will need for the higher level maps where chaos damage is deadlier

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional