[3.25] Community-crafted Pure Retal Gladiator | Sous-Vide the Atlas

i gotta stop for today but i will give a rundown up to act 5

-arsenal of vengeance is better for leveling because of spell hits
-herald of purity actually makes the build worse because of minion taunt
-i picked up the retaliation node 1st...and it is completely bonkers! very ez to kill bosses with meh gear
-as a side skill i am using crushing fist, it gets really good with fist of war
-rushed for the retal nodes, they feel nice...the rage fluctuates a lot though
-sadly, blight is terrible for obvious reasons, maybe when block is capped then it gonna be feasible
"
Dragoon_Diver escribió:

11-Hateful Accuser -> using penance mark to create a blocking-retaliating loop for long boss encounters (new hidden tech?) i call dibs for this discovery

I was actually wondering about writhing jar for this as well, but i don't know anything about this unique, or if the worms can even attack.

something i just noticed, it seems you can use multiple retaliate skills off the same block, if you are worried about cooldowns, could you have different retaliate skills so you have backups?
Editado por útlima vez por IANF1 en 27 jul. 2024 13:54:14
"
IANF1 escribió:
"
Dragoon_Diver escribió:

11-Hateful Accuser -> using penance mark to create a blocking-retaliating loop for long boss encounters (new hidden tech?) i call dibs for this discovery

I was actually wondering about writhing jar for this as well, but i don't know anything about this unique, or if the worms can even attack.

something i just noticed, it seems you can use multiple retaliate skills off the same block, if you are worried about cooldowns, could you have different retaliate skills so you have backups?

but this is exactly the purpose of the build
different retal skills in other slots
and it is even better than we expected because if we don't use the skills and with the ascendancy node, the mobs can refresh the CD for a long time
up till now i only got problems in blight and some mobs like reanimators that don't attack much
Just a heads up, I was lurking on this thread before the launch. Currently at Yellow Maps with nothing but Retaliate skills.

Currently debating on using reverse-knockback Cyclone to keep moving and gather up enemies before Retaliating.

The only thing capable of killing me at the moment is ground dots and Chaos damage. Running SSF so Amythest Rings haven't been kind to me.

Currently running:
Crushing Fist - Pulverize - Fist of War - Expert Retaliation
Swordstorm - Pulverize - Added Melee Physical

Scuffed AF but it's getting the job done.

Edit: Also thinking about a Crit Swordstorm because it melts if you get hit the chance on Glad for it not to consume Cooldowns.
Editado por útlima vez por zombiegecko613 en 27 jul. 2024 22:10:47
"
zombiegecko613 escribió:
Just a heads up, I was lurking on this thread before the launch. Currently at Yellow Maps with nothing but Retaliate skills.

Currently debating on using reverse-knockback Cyclone to keep moving and gather up enemies before Retaliating.

The only thing capable of killing me at the moment is ground dots and Chaos damage. Running SSF so Amythest Rings haven't been kind to me.

Currently running:
Crushing Fist - Pulverize - Fist of War - Expert Retaliation
Swordstorm - Pulverize - Added Melee Physical

Scuffed AF but it's getting the job done.

Edit: Also thinking about a Crit Swordstorm because it melts if you get hit the chance on Glad for it not to consume Cooldowns.

i am doing crit swordstorm + impale
when stars align, it really melts

i will also stop for a bit to test other skills, shield etc
If you want some fun equip Lycosidae and then look at crushing fist lol
Does anyone here know whether it's worth to try dual wield paradoxica for swordstorm as main skill? Does it even work properly with swordstorm considering that gem description mentions "dealing damage of both weapons combined". I mean I can get foil with higher pdps than paradoxica for cheaper price but not really sure how this double damage thingy interacts with retaliation skills. I've got flat phys on my gear tho
"
DarzoBlint escribió:
Does anyone here know whether it's worth to try dual wield paradoxica for swordstorm as main skill? Does it even work properly with swordstorm considering that gem description mentions "dealing damage of both weapons combined". I mean I can get foil with higher pdps than paradoxica for cheaper price but not really sure how this double damage thingy interacts with retaliation skills. I've got flat phys on my gear tho

Ok speaking to myself here but PoB got an update for new skill gems and now I can see numbers for retaliation gems. From what I see dual wield paradoxica with bleed and blood rage will be definitely better than 500-550 pdps foil which costs x12 the price
seems pob has the retal skills in it now. i wish i could run eviscerate and swordstorm together but i need to dual wield for SS and need a shield for eviscerate. ah well, those are just my favorites of the retals i've tried so far.

dumb pob question, does the increased strike range matter at all for the retaliation spells? none of these are strike spells right? so do i even need this wheel in the bottom left there.
"
IANF1 escribió:
seems pob has the retal skills in it now. i wish i could run eviscerate and swordstorm together but i need to dual wield for SS and need a shield for eviscerate. ah well, those are just my favorites of the retals i've tried so far.

dumb pob question, does the increased strike range matter at all for the retaliation spells? none of these are strike spells right? so do i even need this wheel in the bottom left there.

it DOES matter because all weapons have range, if you are not using the attack in place you can see your char running towards distant enemies to fire the skill no mater how much you invest in AoE

but what you said is also true, because the tree only increases range for strike or 2-handed
sadly the game treats AoE attack skills like spells with aoe tag

edit: actually i am not sure about if investing range in tree could make farther activation of retaliation
Editado por útlima vez por Dragoon_Diver en 29 jul. 2024 19:35:39

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional