3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

"
subiedude8 escribió:
Bought myself a HH but the resist rebalancing is annoying.

before HH: https://pastebin.com/53GzkU0e
with HH: https://pastebin.com/3euH7qHg

-Lost about 4M DPS with the gear swaps, but HH more than makes up for it. Item is incredible...

-Currently cannot equip a Magic caster ring because I lose too much Fire res. Not sure the best way to plug the res holes. Give up more damage for less offensive gloves maybe...

-Was not sure which flask would be best to swap out for the Enduring Mana Flask, so I just took out the Silver Flask.
If you drop one life node from the Herbalism cluster on your tree, and put that node into the Fire Resistance node next to your thread of hope, you can swap your Dusk Spiral for a magic 2 stone ring and you'll be fine.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
11Kobar11 escribió:
Shaper, elder, Sirius very manageable now, even got lucky and finished all 30 waves on simulacrum. Maven however, I still haven’t completed. I hate the mechanics of that boss fight, but I should be able to do it. Failed three times so far. Anything I could do to specifically equip or prepare for this one fight?
Maven is more RNG than most due to what bosses she summons. The mechanics portion of the fight just takes a while to learn. Lure the floaty balls to the side of the arena so you still have room to maneuver, don't stand in the rake attacks, etc, etc.

I'd swap Caustic Arrow out of your quiver for the fight, there's no benefit there, not like she is going to spawn small adds for your CA to kill. Culling strike works decent there. A DPS quiver with a couple DOT multipliers / attack speed is even better.

Swap pantheon from Garukhan to Ryslatha for extra life flask charges.

Remember to plant your defiance banner.
"
HyperPlasma escribió:
Hi, First of all thanks for the build and all the advice posted here.

It is pretty much my first time playing PoE seriously (second character) and i managed to do simulacrum 30 on my second try with a better watcher's eye (life on hit).

I died about a 150 times mostly because my gtx760 falls bellow 20 fps if there is too many mobs but also because i tend to press V when i shouldn't (200+ stacks on tier 16).

I bought my current amulet a while ago and tried a beastcraft on it and got lucky with +1 Dex, my toxic rain cost 48 mana to cast now but it's not a problem thanks to the enduring mana flask.

I enchanted my chest with strength instead of life because i needed it please let me know if it's a mistake or not ?
I also got lucky with a dropped empower gem that i corrupted to level 4 in the alva temple thing.

I'm leaving my PoB in case someone has the time to let me know what i did right or wrong: https://pastebin.com/z2Z8nU8z

Thanks again for everyone posting here and making the game easier to get into!

You most likely hit the point where updating would be need a good chunk of currency. Like a Mageblood ( what is probably not an option) to fix your res with one flask, and go full nuts damage mod wise on your gear. Like Frenzy on Hit etc, Gloves Culling Strike + Dot Multis+Attackspeed etc.

But there is a certain point where nearly every build can do any kind of content, and any additional dropped pile of currency would just make Sirius fall 5 seconds faster in his last phase for 5 mirrors more etc.
If you feel comfortable, and if you are able to kill any kind of content, thats an already nice setup.

Ignore the legacy explodey part on the chest, but i dropped alot of currency to get that chest:

The chest and bow where working great together, and gave me a huge dps boost. But as I said previous, there is a certain treshold, where you can do any kind of content. Anything above is just if you are a perfectionist, or when you like to min max stuff to the top on Perma Leagues like Standard.

The amazing part of this build this league is, that you can adjust and tweak it at so many different spots, where other builds are alreay long time "done".
Editado por útlima vez por Macromaster en 13 ene. 2022 17:57:34
"
grimjack68 escribió:
If you drop one life node from the Herbalism cluster on your tree, and put that node into the Fire Resistance node next to your thread of hope, you can swap your Dusk Spiral for a magic 2 stone ring and you'll be fine.

I still fall short on Fire res of I take this node. I gave up the attack speed mods on both of my basic jewels in place of Fire res to cap off.

Do you always wear the Magic ring in the right slot, or only if your map rolls a curse on it?
Editado por útlima vez por subiedude8 en 14 ene. 2022 10:02:52
"
subiedude8 escribió:
"
grimjack68 escribió:

I still fall short on Fire res of I take this node. I gave up the attack speed mods on both of my basic jewels in place of Fire res to cap off.

Do you always wear the Magic ring in the right slot, or only if your map rolls a curse on it?
I use mine all the time. It protects against critters that curse, and curse reflection. I did spend quite a bit of coin getting enough resists on gear - and 1 jewel as well.
"
grimjack68 escribió:
I use mine all the time. It protects against critters that curse, and curse reflection. I did spend quite a bit of coin getting enough resists on gear - and 1 jewel as well.
Do you switch the Magic ring to left slot, for example, if you roll monster crit modifiers on the map?
"
11Kobar11 escribió:
Shaper, elder, Sirius very manageable now, even got lucky and finished all 30 waves on simulacrum. Maven however, I still haven’t completed. I hate the mechanics of that boss fight, but I should be able to do it. Failed three times so far. Anything I could do to specifically equip or prepare for this one fight?

As far as i see, it seems that you have enough dps to handle it.

Maven fight is three phase. First two are managable. But third one ise very annoying. İf you can save more than three portals till third phase, you can kill maven. Trick is, try to be close to her as much as you can. İf you manage to be close to her, you can lower her life pool to culling strike level even if you die several times.

This method works if you can survive during first two phases.
"
11Kobar11 escribió:

Maven is one of those fights where glass cannon builds have it easier because you can cheese the mechanics by insta phasing her. I know from experience because I went from a 30M glass cannon build to this 12M tanky build.

If you haven't already, watch a youtube video to understand the mechanics. Honestly, the first few phases are very easy. The main thing that you need to remember is to put the degen balls in the very center of the map because you can't use the center of the map during the "memory game" without dying anyway, and this will give you more space to move around the edges.

The only part where you should be dying is the memory game in the last phase because it is longer than the other memory games and you have to also dodge beams while doing this. If you ace the first few phases of the fight then you will have all of your portals at your disposal to fail a few memory games at the end while just rushing Maven down.
Editado por útlima vez por subiedude8 en 14 ene. 2022 16:59:52
Thanks for the Maven advice all, motivated to try again!
Would anyone be able to help me with my build? I'm feeling rather squishy once I get into red maps. My dps is also a bit low, but I think I know what I need to invest in to improve it. I'm a bit new, so I only have about 3ex in cash to invest right now, although I think I can upgrade many of my items for less than that.

https://pastebin.com/K1XE99Ez

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional