3.17 TOXIC RAIN CHAMPION - Fast, Tanky, Deadly! - League-Start to End-Game

Hi guys, absolute noob here... just starting with this build and I am absolutely loving it (started Scourge with a EdC Trickster and I was dying every scourge encounter).

I have one absolutely basic question which after going through all the threads, I can't seem to find the answer to... can someone please list down the lab Ascendancies for this build?

Do I follow the standard guide, which recommends:
Unstoppable Hero
Fortitude
Conqueror
Worthy Foe

Or something else?

Ta much in advance.
Editado por útlima vez por Sir_Elessar en 18 nov. 2021 15:11:37
"
Sir_Elessar escribió:
Hi guys, absolute noob here... just starting with this build and I am absolutely loving it (started Scourge with a EdC Trickster and I was dying every scourge encounter).

I have one absolutely basic question which after going through all the threads, I can't seem to find the answer to... can someone please list down the lab Ascendancies for this build?

Do I follow the standard guide, which recommends:
Unstoppable Hero
Fortitude
Conqueror
Worthy Foe

Or something else?

Ta much in advance.

Skip the first lab until you can do the first 2. Then pick up Unstoppable Hero and Fortitude together. Grab Conqueror just before you complete the story line by facing Kitava for the second time in act 10, and finish up with Inspirational as soon as you can run the 4th lab.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
Not having much currencies , what whould you upgrade first in this build ?
https://pastebin.com/GN7AQzEb.

Eveything seems an upgrade , but everything cost so much with the proper mod, I don't know which one to prioritized

PoB said about 1.6M DPS , full buff , but it doesn't feel like it.

Also, I have a redeemer exalted orb, and two lvl 85 body base , one Assassin's Garb , and the other Triumphant Lamellar.

Which one whould go with, to craft the 10% gain frenzy charge ?

thanks
"
grimjack68 escribió:

Skip the first lab until you can do the first 2. Then pick up Unstoppable Hero and Fortitude together. Grab Conqueror just before you complete the story line by facing Kitava for the second time in act 10, and finish up with Inspirational as soon as you can run the 4th lab.

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed reply. One other question, since the totems are more for bossing, would it make sense to use Essence Drain instead of TR? ED is also chaos based and DoT, but focused on one enemy at a time...? Just wondering :)
"
Sir_Elessar escribió:
"
grimjack68 escribió:

Thanks very much for the quick and detailed reply. One other question, since the totems are more for bossing, would it make sense to use Essence Drain instead of TR? ED is also chaos based and DoT, but focused on one enemy at a time...? Just wondering :)
No. We're not concerned with the damage output of the totems, that's just a small added bonus. The big reason they are there is to add withered stacks. 15 withered stacks more than doubles the damage output of the bow socketed toxic rain. Withering touch needs a skill that hits, and hits a lot, and TR fits well.
"
Tarteens escribió:
Not having much currencies , what whould you upgrade first in this build ?
https://pastebin.com/GN7AQzEb.

Eveything seems an upgrade , but everything cost so much with the proper mod, I don't know which one to prioritized

PoB said about 1.6M DPS , full buff , but it doesn't feel like it.

Also, I have a redeemer exalted orb, and two lvl 85 body base , one Assassin's Garb , and the other Triumphant Lamellar.

Which one whould go with, to craft the 10% gain frenzy charge ?

thanks
That's not a bad setup at all, although the DPS output is still weak as you suspected.

Things that I would concentrate on:
- Try to get a chest armour with frenzy on hit and an open slot to craft gain 10% of life as extra ES. Ideally this would probably be an Astral Plate, but chances are that's way out of your budget for the now. You can absolutely make do with a mid range one, I'm still using this for instance and clearing juiced T16s including Scourge:

6 links aren't required either, it's fine with 5, upgrade as you earn currency.
- You can drop the frenzy charge on hit from your armour and run Maloney's Mechanism quiver instead, put frenzy / GMP / culling strike in it, might be cheaper to buy armour + quiver that way.
- Flasks... you have 2 anti-shock flasks. Turn one into an armour or evasion boost. I'd lean towards evasion, if you get hit less, Ghost Dance is more effective.
- Life flask should be a divine, and I'd lean towards seething. This is your last line of defense, and needs to be FAST. Ghose Dance will soak up the small or intermittent hits, Enduring cry will take care of the hits that make it through your energy shield, if you're low on life after both of those, you want to pop this flask 2-3 times and be instantly back to full.
- Life gain on hit in the bow. Drop that. An Empower level 3 is under 50c now, well worthwhile. Use Enduring Cry to heal when anything gets through your energy shield.
- Speaking of bows... A +3 to level of socketed bow gems bow can be acquired for under 100c now, and will be a substantial upgrade, especially if paired with that Empower 3. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Scourge/8gQWGbGTV

In order, I'd probably try for flasks, then bow / empower, then armour / maloney's quiver. Unless you're having problems with tanking damage, then go for armour over bow.
Trying this build and enjoying it so far into Act 8.

Still learning. There’s a TR mechanic I don’t understand. It appears if I just cast my TR ballista by themselves nothing happens. They don’t seem to attack.

So normally I cast the non-ballistic TR, which works fine. Sometimes I’ll also cast the TR ballistas with the standard cast, but I’m not sure if they are working then as TR is falling all over the place.

What procs the TR ballistas and makes them fire ?
"
Hoya63 escribió:
Trying this build and enjoying it so far into Act 8.

Still learning. There’s a TR mechanic I don’t understand. It appears if I just cast my TR ballista by themselves nothing happens. They don’t seem to attack.

So normally I cast the non-ballistic TR, which works fine. Sometimes I’ll also cast the TR ballistas with the standard cast, but I’m not sure if they are working then as TR is falling all over the place.

What procs the TR ballistas and makes them fire ?
Ah, this is the effect of the Focussed Ballista support gem in your chest. It causes your ballistas to only fire when you use your main TR skill from your bow, however, they fire significantly faster when activated this way.

You shouldn't really need the ballistas except for bosses.
Hi guys, is there a way to bring cost of TR below mana regen? Spamming mana flask is annoying and I do want to wear viridi's and not devouring diadem (want to have es). TR cost for me is now 22 with 2 rings having -7 and -8 mana cost for non-channeling, unreserved mana is 151.
"
Alkist1 escribió:
Hi guys, is there a way to bring cost of TR below mana regen? Spamming mana flask is annoying and I do want to wear viridi's and not devouring diadem (want to have es). TR cost for me is now 22 with 2 rings having -7 and -8 mana cost for non-channeling, unreserved mana is 151.
It's possible, but it's not easy, and you'll sacrifice elsewhere in the build to accomplish it. You can add a Replica Conqueror's Efficiency for another -9, then catalyst your second ring to -8, then add another -7 craft and another -1 from catalysts on your amulet. That will bring your cost down from 22 to 4, which should be sustainable. You can also add a Watcher's Eye with
"#% chance to recover 10% of Mana when you use a skill while affected by Clarity".

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional