[3.25] Holy Flame Totem Scion -- League Starter -- HC / SSF viable

"
Hikara escribió:
"
gui_orioli escribió:
POBs updated.

No it's not.

It was before POB got updated to 3.24. Updated again.
Did a quick test run to act 5, was pretty good for a Scion starter.
Most likely gonna league start this and farm Expedition for 2nd Build....
What iam afraid of, that this build will be pretty squishy? (Expedition Bosses).

I usually play pretty tanky stuff, Boneshatter, RF.. never played totems before.. so i dont know what to expect in endgame..
"
Alexlenz escribió:
Did a quick test run to act 5, was pretty good for a Scion starter.
Most likely gonna league start this and farm Expedition for 2nd Build....
What iam afraid of, that this build will be pretty squishy? (Expedition Bosses).

I usually play pretty tanky stuff, Boneshatter, RF.. never played totems before.. so i dont know what to expect in endgame..

This isn't squishy at all. It's not a "facetank everything" like a boneshatter, but it can take hits, and got tanky totems taunting enemies to help. For example, as of current POB, this can tank shaper slams with molten shell down. I play this build in gauntlets (Ziz's HC SSF league with additional hard mods), always get at least to yellow maps with it (if you don't know the gauntlet, trust me, it's hard).
Editado por útlima vez por gui_orioli en 26 mar. 2024 9:36:07
Fixed a few inconsistencies with the leveling trees, should be a bit cleaner now.
Hi thanks a lot for maintaining this guide and extensive explanations!

Got a bit scared when I heard about melee totem removal in 3.25, but I think we're safe as Holy Flame Totem is Physical but not Melee?

I tried this a few times in HC SSF last league but didn't go very far into maps; been waiting for 3.25 to have another, more meticulous go.

As a casual player I really enjoyed playing this: easy to build; totem gameplay needs some getting used to but it's quite fine; build becomes especially potent after ~lvl 40 when curses are plugged into arcanist brand.

For most of my gameplay I used Flamewood Support, a gem added in 3.22: https://www.poewiki.net/wiki/Flamewood_Support
Makes perfect sense to me since it works on totem taunt, which we have from an ascendancy. Is this a bad idea?
Build updated to 3.25.

All in all, some small changes, lost defenses (much like everyone else relying on "phys taken as ele") and endurance charges generation from body armor implicit is too good to pass now, so I added that.
"
gui_orioli escribió:
Build updated to 3.25.

All in all, some small changes, lost defenses (much like everyone else relying on "phys taken as ele") and endurance charges generation from body armor implicit is too good to pass now, so I added that.

Awesome, thank you!
Have you maybe any video which shows gameplay with this build ?
Thanks a lot of for updating! League starting this :D
So, they changed Scion's Chieftain node to no longer even have taunting for totems. Problem is, I can't see any other node in any part of the ascendancy that is any better... do you still go Chieftain anyway? It seems all you're getting is the Covered in Ash from it. Other possibilities are warden for 20% spell suppression, but most of that node is wasted, or maybe Jugg for the immunities and the endurance charges.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional