EA 3.9 Ignite -- Cap Your Damage

A few question to build players or the creator:

a) Is Soul of Shakari still the best choice when hitting 85% Chaos Resist with Divine Flesh? Gruthkul could be an idea, but I do not have a real clue.

b) My damage is quite okay but often not like in the videos. Still grinding T12-14, so it is mostly hexproof metamorphs that take a bit longer than I like to see it. Is getting 3 times 21/20 or 21/23 EA gems the next step? I upgraded to most awakened gems already. I also started stacking IAS which helped a bit.

c) What is the next remarkable step regarding survivabilty? The last leap was Divine Flesh with 85% Chaos Res, I would really like to make another improvement like that. Perhaps getting "You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes" on Kaom's Heart?

d) Does "X% Fire Damage leeched as Life" not work with this build? I could imagine it should make a difference, but I think I have not seen it on any ones's gear yet. It is available on Quivers as Corruption Implicit or on amulets as implicit or suffix. Both together would reach 1.3%.

e) I still struggle to weigh the offensive stats against each other. Does anyone have a raw recommendation? I know that indirect calculations apply, but for a mid-range char like mine, which would be the correct priority:

- Increased Attack Speed (Bow or general)
- Increased Damage
- Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
- Increased Fire Damage
- (Fire) Damage over Time Multiplier
- Increased Burning Damage
- Increased Ignite Duration
- Increased Area of Effect (I assume this is only minor for packs)

Thanks for any answers, I hope my questions are not too silly.

And @Rhaegar_G: Great build, even I had to suffer a lot as I made many of the noob errors (piercing, fire damage on gear) accidentally.
"
CoalBucket escribió:
A few question to build players or the creator:

a) Is Soul of Shakari still the best choice when hitting 85% Chaos Resist with Divine Flesh? Gruthkul could be an idea, but I do not have a real clue.

b) My damage is quite okay but often not like in the videos. Still grinding T12-14, so it is mostly hexproof metamorphs that take a bit longer than I like to see it. Is getting 3 times 21/20 or 21/23 EA gems the next step? I upgraded to most awakened gems already. I also started stacking IAS which helped a bit.

c) What is the next remarkable step regarding survivabilty? The last leap was Divine Flesh with 85% Chaos Res, I would really like to make another improvement like that. Perhaps getting "You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes" on Kaom's Heart?

d) Does "X% Fire Damage leeched as Life" not work with this build? I could imagine it should make a difference, but I think I have not seen it on any ones's gear yet. It is available on Quivers as Corruption Implicit or on amulets as implicit or suffix. Both together would reach 1.3%.

e) I still struggle to weigh the offensive stats against each other. Does anyone have a raw recommendation? I know that indirect calculations apply, but for a mid-range char like mine, which would be the correct priority:

- Increased Attack Speed (Bow or general)
- Increased Damage
- Increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
- Increased Fire Damage
- (Fire) Damage over Time Multiplier
- Increased Burning Damage
- Increased Ignite Duration
- Increased Area of Effect (I assume this is only minor for packs)

Thanks for any answers, I hope my questions are not too silly.

And @Rhaegar_G: Great build, even I had to suffer a lot as I made many of the noob errors (piercing, fire damage on gear) accidentally.

a) I think the chaos damage reduction comes after resists, so its very good. Got it in pantheon and also Kaom's.

b) Put combustion in helmet instead of swift affliction maybe. Also use the extra arrow quiver with single target bow. Quality all gems to max, also ignite prolif. I have only upgraded the single target EA to lvl21. You could also buy a uncorrupted belt and upgrade it with catalysts to 42%, that might be more dps then the ias.. maybe? :)

c) Evasion Flask helped me a lot, went from 92 to 93 without dying when using that instead of Quicksilver.

d) I think it does work. I got it from the cruel labyrint enchantment for the boots. That one is only after kills but still it feels like its helping with big packs like in the Lava Lake boss fight. Just got it today so im still testing it, its only 0.4% damage leeched but cruel lab was pretty fast to run for it.

e) Attack speed and Fire damage over time multiplier are the best I think. The rest are with the same weight, so it doesnt matter which one you get.. go for the heighest percentage. I dont have any ignite duration except the helmet enchant and 2 jewels with +5% ignite chance (to get it 100%) and +8% ignite duration.
Editado por útlima vez por muunisti en 2 feb. 2020 9:48:55
Thank you for your answer.

"
muunisti escribió:

b) Put combustion in helmet instead of swift affliction maybe. Also use the extra arrow quiver with single target bow. Quality all gems to max, also ignite prolif. I have only upgraded the single target EA to lvl21. You could also buy a uncorrupted belt and upgrade it with catalysts to 42%, that might be more dps then the ias.. maybe? :)

Ah, you are right, I had serious trouble off-coloring 3 blue on the helmet. I should turn that back, but I understand it is only for the Focus attack, right?

I have a 42% non-corrupt belt I change back and forth with. It "felt" better with the IAS. Perhaps I should search for both at the same time.

"
muunisti escribió:

c) Evasion Flask helped me a lot, went from 92 to 93 without dying when using that instead of Quicksilver.

Perhaps that makes a lot of sense. Zoom-a-zoom is nice, but I guess I this will be a next crafting option.

"
muunisti escribió:

d) I think it does work. I got it from the cruel labyrint enchantment for the boots. That one is only after kills but still it feels like its helping with big packs like in the Lava Lake boss fight. Just got it today so im still testing it, its only 0.4% damage leeched but cruel lab was pretty fast to run for it.

I've got a fire leech amulet that sucks a bit and lacks Hardenes Scars, but I will test it today.

"
muunisti escribió:

e) Attack speed and Fire damage over time multiplier are the best I think. The rest are with the same weight, so it doesnt matter which one you get.. go for the heighest percentage. I dont have any ignite duration except the helmet enchant and 2 jewels with +5% ignite chance (to get it 100%) and +8% ignite duration.

I should experiment with Fire Damage over Time Multiplier a bit. Helmet enchant is an issue, but as long as I stay with the Focus setup I will search for ages I assume.

Thanks.
"
CoalBucket escribió:

Ah, you are right, I had serious trouble off-coloring 3 blue on the helmet. I should turn that back, but I understand it is only for the Focus attack, right?

I have a 42% non-corrupt belt I change back and forth with. It "felt" better with the IAS. Perhaps I should search for both at the same time.

Yea IAS feels good, combustion supports the wave of conviction and that increases ignite dps.

"
CoalBucket escribió:

I've got a fire leech amulet that sucks a bit and lacks Hardenes Scars, but I will test it today.

Seems like you have the boot enchant. Tested with it now a bit, and I think the leech only works with the explosions. Not with Ignite, maybe someone can correct me if im wrong :)

Edit. Googling it reveals that leech doesnt work with damage over time. Maybe should have checked it before running cruel lab 20 times :)
Editado por útlima vez por muunisti en 2 feb. 2020 10:25:08
"
muunisti escribió:

Edit. Googling it reveals that leech doesnt work with damage over time. Maybe should have checked it before running cruel lab 20 times :)

Okay, that is important to know. Thanks a lot. :)
Editado por útlima vez por CoalBucket en 2 feb. 2020 10:59:55
In your post you have burning damage as your single target, but in POB you have GMP linked instead for your single target. Which is better and why are there two different setups for single target?
"
DaMasteRyu escribió:
In your post you have burning damage as your single target, but in POB you have GMP linked instead for your single target. Which is better and why are there two different setups for single target?

I talk about this in the guide, Awakened GMP is technically better, but has a hefty price tag for marginal improvement. Also, since the DPS bug is still happening, sometimes you have to just remove it anyway.
Undisputed best alpha tester since Awakening beta.
Do we know if today's patch just "fixes" the doing no damage or did it also remove the cap? I am finding it hard to test. At the very least I am always doing damage which is nice
"
Shakrun escribió:
Do we know if today's patch just "fixes" the doing no damage or did it also remove the cap? I am finding it hard to test. At the very least I am always doing damage which is nice

sometimes i melt everything, sometimes the boss dont take damage at all for a good 5 seconds, then melts away. I guess it is still bugged
Editado por útlima vez por shape3169 en 18 nov. 2021 22:48:46

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional