[3.15] Spectral Shield Throw Bleed Gladiator - tanky & fast mapping - good scaling - all content

"
Monsieur_Ati escribió:
Spoiler
this is my latest variation of the bleed sst build:

venopuncture with hypothermia for an extra layer of defense:

I'm missing bottled faith, awakened gems.
gems are scuffed and I should swap out maim with awakaned swift affliction. but thats what im working on right now

cluster jewels are "one with the shield" to get max block, exposure therapy to counter degen, and usual damage nodes.

aura setup: war banner, pride, arctic armour, herald of purity, aspect of the spider.

rest of the jewels with max life, resists and some stats to get this build rolling.

right now I'm at almost 3.5m bleed dps
it chills, freezes, shatters, explodes, max block, max phys dmg red, phase acro, all in all pretty much op

А можно глянуть ваш поб? Сложно поверить в 3.5 миллиона
✽)/╰(°ㅂ° )╯\(❋
"
Mettriegel escribió:
Hey @all

I currently haveing a lot of fun with this build. Im playing standard because of work i only have a few hours to play in a week. i currently running red maps at 16 very smooth, only bosses take a while. sirius is a problem....

can you guys please give me some feedback what can i improve? here is my POB: https://pastebin.com/80BMqZn3

I know the weapon could be a rare one with damage over time multiplier, but then i would miss a lot of blockchance. any advice here?

im currently playing without lifetap because i dont have no mana issues, is it worth to change? and if yes, which gem should i switch then?

I would would realy love to get some feedback and advice.

Thanks in advance and have a great day. :-)

_push
"

https://pastebin.com/MK6nKk19

but why do I have to use google translate ?!
Editado por útlima vez por Monsieur_Ati en 12 ago. 2021 6:27:57
"
Zarasi escribió:
"
ressiv escribió:
You have a nice SSF boy there! I was wondering when would it be better to switch to Blood magic over Lifetap?

Thanks! Still working on it, got a new vulnerability ring, chest, and helm ready to go which will cap my block, add about 400 hp, and a bunch more chaos resist, but I'm at the mercy of the 6 link RNG. 2300~ fusings in and no luck which is super frustrating so I can't swap until I get the Astral Plate linked.

Blood Magic vs. Lifetap Support both have pro's and con's I'd say, and there isn't really a better one and it's just preference by looking at which is the best for you. I do prefer Blood Magic though.

Blood Magic reduces the strain on gems in your gear. It allows more freedom to do things like have both Malevolence and Pride to use on the fly based on the situation, adding Increased Duration Support to Enduring Cry, running a 4 link on Corrupting Fever, only need 3 sockets for Shield Charge (or Leap Slam in my case) since I don't need Lifetap Support on it, and also Culling Strike with Maim on Reckoning. With Lifetap Support you need at least 2 Lifetaps, you'd also want War Banner and Herald of Purity so you're down 4-5 gems sockets already. There's also more flexibility on your SST 6 link as you don't need Lifetap.

Lifetap Support though has the potential to deal more damage than a Blood Magic set-up. The four points that you use to get Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction can be spent elsewhere (such as damage). It's also much easier to keep Corrupting Fever active since the life costs of skills are higher. Being able to run multiple auras allows for more choice, and with Enlighten you could potential running some interesting combinations of auras (such as Skitterbots with Hypothermia).

I guess I just find Lifetap a bit too rigid with gem constraints, and I prefer the flexibility on gems more than I do the extra bit of damage that Lifetap would offer me.

"
ressiv escribió:
I am also playing SSF when it comes to gear (only trade currency vs currency). I think this build is perfect for it this league, not really feeling the nerfs right now. SST Gladiator feels overpowered af compared to other builds I played previous leagues. High life, easily overcapped resists, gg block, high clear speed and ok damage on bosses. I never die, early red maps right now.

Hope you are enjoying your SSF-style play. This is my first time doing SSF and I can pretty much say I'll never be going back to trade leagues again, as SSF is so much more fun.

Also, yeah I agree on this build being great for this league. I know damage numbers were hurt in 3.15, but at this point even in red maps I just throw 1 shield and everything dies. The only things that stand more than one shield is a map boss. End-game bosses are "ok" damage as you say, and I'd love to be able to get more boss damage in there for them, but for the rate of how many times I do those types of bosses I'm not bothered too much that it takes me an extra minute or two.

I love SSF, I don't think I ever played with bought gear. Cant do a lot of builds (with unique requirements that aren't farmable) but there's still enough to choose from.

Thanks for explaining the lifetap vs blood magic setup. Freeing up gem sockets with blood magic sounds nice. Will give it a shot if I feel like I finished most of my gear and when I'm farming high juicy red maps.
"
Zarasi escribió:

Blood Magic vs. Lifetap Support both have pro's and con's

Ok this subject :)
In running Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction with Pride + Arrogance
Since Preise reserves nothing arrogance is supposed to just boost pride. But on POB is like arrogance is doing nothing. Is it even worth it?

On another subject, how are you guys dealing with physical immunity on expeditions? I got a Hydrosphere to my CWDT setup but also not sure how useful it is.
Editado por útlima vez por pra-lima87 en 12 ago. 2021 7:40:37
"
Mettriegel escribió:
_push

I'd switch the gear about a bit if it were me. You're actually over the block cap right now with that weapon when you take a hit (which is often) as you get +8% from the Ascendancy so you should be factoring that in. With that node, you're only 8% under cap if you removed then weapon and got a Warlord weapon which would be a large increase in damage.

I'd be looking at a 6L Astral Plate and getting a block craft on it (ideally a multi-mod with block chance and +x% life/mana) to make up for losing the Advancing Fortress if you want to stay block capped.

You could also drop Unbound Ailments Support and put Lifetap Support in. It'll add around 20k bleed dps, which isn't much, but it'll stop you having to worry about mana and it'll make keeping Corrupting Fever up much less of a headache as you'll spend around 100 life casting SST which'll just refresh it. You'd lose about 1.5 sec of bleed duration, but at 3.7 to 4.0 APS I can't see it being that much of an issue as you can reapply bleeds very fast (for comparison my APS is only 2.8).

Other than that, I think your tree is solid. I'd maybe consider how useful Malevolence and the Watcher's Eye is vs. max-effect Pride (the latter give more damage and free's up a jewel slot, but requires closer range to targets). If you do switch to Pride, check out Bannerman as it becomes a very nice node.

With you going the cluster jewel route you've got some more flexibility on your jewel nodes. I'd maybe consider redesigning the jewel area around the bottom of the Duelist area as in the screenshot below with another Thread of Hope.

Spoiler

You could pick up Discipline of the Unyielding and Discipline of the Slaughter, giving extra damage when you have Endurance and Frenzy charges, +1 min charges to each so you have passive extra damage and defenses on bosses, and on-kill effects for both where you could consider dropping Blood Rage if the leech was still OK. You could also grab Versatile Stance, and since all players are by default classed as being in Blood Stance regardless of whether you use the Blood and Sand gem or not, it's a juicy DPS boost. You could get these 3 points for those nodes by getting rid of the three leading up to Testudo, since you're still block capped without it if you went with the changes I mentioned above.

As for other pieces of gear, I'd just get the 18% qual on the shield for the craft. It'll add about 15k bleed DPS on PoB - not loads, but it's not hard to get.
"
Zarasi escribió:
"
ressiv escribió:
You have a nice SSF boy there! I was wondering when would it be better to switch to Blood magic over Lifetap?

Thanks! Still working on it, got a new vulnerability ring, chest, and helm ready to go which will cap my block, add about 400 hp, and a bunch more chaos resist, but I'm at the mercy of the 6 link RNG. 2300~ fusings in and no luck which is super frustrating so I can't swap until I get the Astral Plate linked.

Blood Magic vs. Lifetap Support both have pro's and con's I'd say, and there isn't really a better one and it's just preference by looking at which is the best for you. I do prefer Blood Magic though.

Blood Magic reduces the strain on gems in your gear. It allows more freedom to do things like have both Malevolence and Pride to use on the fly based on the situation, adding Increased Duration Support to Enduring Cry, running a 4 link on Corrupting Fever, only need 3 sockets for Shield Charge (or Leap Slam in my case) since I don't need Lifetap Support on it, and also Culling Strike with Maim on Reckoning. With Lifetap Support you need at least 2 Lifetaps, you'd also want War Banner and Herald of Purity so you're down 4-5 gems sockets already. There's also more flexibility on your SST 6 link as you don't need Lifetap.

Lifetap Support though has the potential to deal more damage than a Blood Magic set-up. The four points that you use to get Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction can be spent elsewhere (such as damage). It's also much easier to keep Corrupting Fever active since the life costs of skills are higher. Being able to run multiple auras allows for more choice, and with Enlighten you could potential running some interesting combinations of auras (such as Skitterbots with Hypothermia).

I guess I just find Lifetap a bit too rigid with gem constraints, and I prefer the flexibility on gems more than I do the extra bit of damage that Lifetap would offer me.

"
ressiv escribió:
I am also playing SSF when it comes to gear (only trade currency vs currency). I think this build is perfect for it this league, not really feeling the nerfs right now. SST Gladiator feels overpowered af compared to other builds I played previous leagues. High life, easily overcapped resists, gg block, high clear speed and ok damage on bosses. I never die, early red maps right now.

Hope you are enjoying your SSF-style play. This is my first time doing SSF and I can pretty much say I'll never be going back to trade leagues again, as SSF is so much more fun.

Also, yeah I agree on this build being great for this league. I know damage numbers were hurt in 3.15, but at this point even in red maps I just throw 1 shield and everything dies. The only things that stand more than one shield is a map boss. End-game bosses are "ok" damage as you say, and I'd love to be able to get more boss damage in there for them, but for the rate of how many times I do those types of bosses I'm not bothered too much that it takes me an extra minute or two.

There is a 3rd option, and after playing a lot with all 3, I vastly prefer this one.

It's not very SSF viable though.

Simply push the mana cost requirement down to neglicable levels, -10 clarity watchers, -7 craft, -15 astral.

my SST costs 4 mana, I have 30 unreserved. All my other spells/cwdt linked spells are free to casts. 0 mana issues, still gain the extra sockets/links.

"
Monsieur_Ati escribió:
"

https://pastebin.com/MK6nKk19

but why do I have to use google translate ?!

If you swap Maim support to Cruelty (and manually add the 40% more damage over time that cruelty gives), your dps bumps up to close to 3.6m
"
pra-lima87 escribió:
Ok this subject :)
In running Blood Magic/Mortal Conviction with Pride + Arrogance
Since Preise reserves nothing arrogance is supposed to just boost pride. But on POB is like arrogance is doing nothing. Is it even worth it?

It definitely affects Pride, and, as you say, Pride is free so all it does is boost the aura effect. I've imported your character into my PoB and it's adding a bit of damage, but not loads. The damage scales though, so the more you do, the more Arrogance Support will boost Pride, and therefore increased overall damage. For me it'd add around 100k DPS which is pretty good. It's worth it if you can squeeze it in, sure.

"
pra-lima87 escribió:
On another subject, how are you guys dealing with physical immunity on expeditions? I got a Hydrosphere to my CWDT setup but also not sure how useful it is.

I tend to just skip those blocks and path around them.
How do we cap our block chance ?
Thanks for the reply guys! :)
My gems were messed up after I switched around some things yesterday.
I always keep forgetting placing the warbanner, so I guess it gives me nothing really.

For lifetap, I dont feel comfy with my current healthpool, but might look into it.

I will def change around some major things it seems, big thanks.
Along the way I had some struggles with gear and whatnot, and the result is just a mess of "hotfixes" that I didnt really know how to get out of.

For my weapon, its because I noticed my old weapon had way less damage than this current one, so I just slapped it on before bed.

Thanks for the info about the rings and stuff, thought every tiny bit of physical damage increased my bleed greatly.
Off to the tradesite and using those respec points tonight then!

EDIT: it seems I need to do more unveiling to get the recipy I need for my 1h weapon :( do not have the multiplier yet

I did some changes, suggested from both of you.
https://pastebin.com/8WZjv0gh

Im not there, but its still a leap in the right direction, spent a bit on the shield, to get that out of the way for a while, but besides that I just need to work on my other parts slowly now to get them upgraded, mainly weapon as soon as I can find that veiled mod.

"
ressiv escribió:
Spoiler

Few easy things you could change imo;
- get a better amulet
- reroll boots with high life
- craft better shield (perfect fossil on white base first to get 26%+ quality)
- I think you can easily craft a better weapon with the warlord base than your current one
- as mentioned couple times in this thread use swift affliction instead of unbound ailments
- vulnerability on hit ring

Why are you not using lifetap? I love it. Much more flexibility with aura's.
I'm running Pride, Herald of purity, Low vitality, War banner

"
Zarasi escribió:
Spoiler

As cliche as it sounds, offensive is a good defensive, so boosting up those damage numbers will drastically help you stay alive longer as mobs are going to die before they can cause much damage to you.

I'd do the following. This will:

Triple your bleed damage
Add 250~ life
Overcap your resists for Elemental Weakness security
Remove mana so you don't have to mess around with regen

1. Get a new amulet with Phys DoT, with a prefix slot for life and some resists. A half decent one is around 5 to 15c just to get you going, and then anoint Cleaving.

2. Change the craft on your shield to Int/Quality instead of Str/Quality, which will allow you to drop the two points leading to Versatility. Put those two points towards getting Relentless.

3. Drop Iron Grip from your Spectral Shield Throw links and add in Swift Affliction (or Maim if you are having trouble with the recolour of the sockets).

4. Drop the two points getting Diamond Skin, the two nodes getting Mana Flows, and the 8 points that lead into the Templar area (leaving 12 points to spend). Spend 4 points getting Blood Magic and Mortal Conviction. Spend another 5 points getting Sanctuary. Spend the last three points getting Canabalistic Rites (top route). Drop War Banner from your links.

5. You mentioned you have a Warlords weapon - as long as it has any +x% "increased Physical Damage over Time" roll (whether it be 60% or 90%) and an open suffix to craft "+x% to Physical Damage over Time Multiplier" at the bench, then it's better than what you have. You can also buy a sword or axe like that for 1 chaos. Ideally you also want bleed chance on it as well, then you could drop another skill point from the tree and redistribute it elsewhere.

Bare in mind that "physical damage to attacks" does increase bleed damage, but not by much. From testing 5 to 8 phys to attacks added about 0.3% DPS for me, even an Abyssus which has a truck load of extra phys to attacks only added 2.3%. Also, the physical weapon damage of your main hand weapon doesn't matter at all, such as a level 1 white weapon does the same damage as a level 75 white weapon - it's only the mods on the weapon that we're interested in. Just mentioning this as I notice you're using Steel Rings and they could be switched out to something more useful like resist rings.

6. Make your weapon 3 sockets. Take all the gems out for now, and put in Enduring Cry -> Increased Duration, and Pride. Make sure Enduring Cry and Increased Duration are linked together, but Pride shouldn't be linked to anything. You aren't using Enduring Cry anywhere in your gear and you should. Set this abililty to your "left mouse" mouse ability and it'll automatically cast when you're walking around. It's a nice passive boost.

7. Take all the gems out of your gloves and recolour to RRGG. Add Maim back in that you took out of your weapon, also add in Reckoning from your second weapon set. Buy Culling Strike from the vendor and add it in there, then put Blood Rage in there too. So the links should be: Reckoning -> Maim Support -> Culling Strike Support -> Blood Rage. This will provide you with a source for Maim as well as culling targets with larger health pools, like bosses.

8. Rage in your Corrupting Fever links won't help, so you could drop that and get Brutality in there instead to boost the damage.

9. The gems in your shield can all come out as you don't need any of them. Keep War Banner in your stash though in case you ever want to move to a Lifetap Support set-up. In place of those gems, take the Shield Charge gems out of your helm and put them in your shield, but leave out Lifetap Support. Your shield should be RRG with Shield Charge -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks. You can also use Leap Slam if you find Shield Charge clunky (I hate it personally, it gets stuck on every random pebble on the floor).

10. This will free up your helm. In there add Cast when Damage Taken (level 1) -> Molten Shell (level 10) -> Tempest Shield (level 1). Put Malevolence in this link set-up also, but it won't fire from CWDT as the level is too high.

11. I'd drop your gloves and just get some 10c to 15c gloves with Dexterity, Life, and All Resist, with an armour base. Your base is nice, but the rolls aren't great and more life, attributes, and resists are going to give you greater flexibility for now.

12. Get a cheap-and-cheerful Vulnerability ring with intelligence and a prefix slot for life for around 10 to 15 chaos.

Here's a comparison of what you are currently using vs. the changes:

Total cost is around 20 to 30 chaos at most.

Here's an update PoB for you with a corrected tree, gem links, and gear options: https://pastebin.com/imFdE2gq.

Just a note on Pride and Malevolence also: I've added both to your gear but you only use one at a time. Use Pride when you are constantly in close range of targets (like end-game bosses), and use Malevolence for everything else. Pride only has a mid-range radius and it debuff's monsters rather than buffing yourself, whereas Malevolence will just buff yourself. This means if you're zipping around and killing monsters miles away then Pride isn't helping... however, in close range, Pride provides twice as much damage as Malevolence, so switch over to it for those and keep Malevolence for general mapping.
Spoiler
Spoiler
Editado por útlima vez por catstyle en 12 ago. 2021 12:07:01

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional