[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hey, just started playing PoE after getting totally bored with D3 and I'm really enoying this build so far.

I have one noob question. Is the trigger of Icestorm affected by spell speed (well, because it's spell) or attack speed (because it affects cyclone) or is it constant and neither of those matter?

Thank you.
"
critical_lag escribió:
Hey, just started playing PoE after getting totally bored with D3 and I'm really enoying this build so far.

I have one noob question. Is the trigger of Icestorm affected by spell speed (well, because it's spell) or attack speed (because it affects cyclone) or is it constant and neither of those matter?

Thank you.

Cast speed and attack speed do not affect channeled spells. So only thing that affects the faster trigger of IceStorm is the Cast When Channeling gem, make sure you upgrade it to level 20.At this level Cyclone channel new Icestorms with every 0.35 seconds. A corrupted level 21 CwC gem will reduce that value to 0.30 seconds.
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 24 dic. 2019 8:37:10
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
critical_lag escribió:

Thank you.

Cast speed and attack speed do not affect channeled spells. So only thing that affects the faster trigger of IceStorm is the Cast When Channeling gem, make sure you upgrade it to level 20.At this level Cyclone channel new Icestorms with every 0.35 seconds. A corrupted level 21 CwC gem will reduce that value to 0.30 seconds.

Wouldn't a lvl 21 gem be 0,34? While the new Awakened at max lvl is 0,3? :)
"
ZiiimZooon escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
critical_lag escribió:

Thank you.

Wouldn't a lvl 21 gem be 0,34? While the new Awakened at max lvl is 0,3? :)

Yes you are right, i was thinking at the new awakened CwC gem :)
Cool idea and thanks for sharing man!

Thinking of trying this build in softcore SSF.
Both Whispering Ice and Astramentis can be farmed, but how about the rest of the +Int gear and the jewels?

Anybody tried it in SSF?
Finally got my first deathless Sirius fight after 4 fights (Awaken Atlas level 0,4,5,0) which were not deathless.

This time i tried him at Awakening level 2 too see the incremental difference from level 0 of boss difficulty and fight rewards.

After 5 fights i learned some things i can share:

Boss has 4 phases; after each phase you need to lure the storm in which he is hiding away from center of the arena and come back under him to take it down from sky and start next phase.

Don't lure the storm to the entry of the arena, if you die it's very possible that you cannot make it again to center of the arena because of storm blocking the entrance!

Each phase start is marked by a very big empty orange-reddish circle in which you have to be all the time when boss is vulnerable to fight him.

Also pay attention to his dialogues, each time he says something he does a specific skill so it's easier for you to try to dodge knowing what boss wants to do!

Phase 1:
-he cast from time to time a small laser, easy to dodge and even tank-able at high ES values with no issues at all.
-=some avatar of him from the sky cast 2 large slow laser beams from time to time that come together, easy to dodge.

Phase 2:
- all skills from phase 1 + a small crater with 1 single exit (a big group of small flames indicate the exit, you have to exit the circle before he launch a meteor nuke - probably tank-able also with big ES values (9K-10K+).

Phase 3:
-all skills from phase 1 and 2 but the crater he cast is bigger now and made from 2 concentric ones (one smaller and one bigger); as in phase 2 exit from each is indicated by a group of small flames, you cant flame dash over the edges of craters u need to head to each exit by moving before he does again a bigger meteor nuke in the crater.
-he creates in the ground from time to time a straight corridor to your location, and throw some balls to you in this corridor, you can exit only by moving towards him(you can flame dash towards him also), the damage from those balls he launches at you didn't seem rippy though.

Phase 4 (hardest phase):
-all skills from previous phases, crater is now even bigger (3 concentric circles).

-he starts to multiply in clones (only 1 is target-able and leech-able), clones do some lasers beams also, and the real boss does a 5 way huge pulsating laser beam that can inflict at the same time (shock, ignite, bleed(corrupting blood), freeze and poison). If you get hit by that huge pulsating laser beam you have all chances to die.

We are immune to shock, ignite, poison, can be immune to corrupting blood with a corrupted jewel but we are not 100% immune to freeze even with Soul of the brine king, so bring inside pots with remove chill/freeze / immune to chill/freeze.

Other than this, with practice, boss become easier and easier, and probably after some time with improved gear and damage together with learning the fight even level 8 Awaken Atlas 8 can be done even deathless i suppose after you understand the fight very well and know when to dodge and what to dodge.

Drop from this fight at level 2 Awaken Atlas was same as at level 0 in my first fight: unique helm, no gems or other special currencies.

More than this, fight is very well explained phase by phase by this streamer (mbXtreme) in this video:

https://youtu.be/bQrrp0-n95Q

Pantheons : Brine King / Tukohama

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 24 dic. 2019 14:25:19
Last played this build back in the CTF/Scorching Ray era, and I must say the Cyclone version feels much smoother, even this early on. That said, having previously used Cyclone in an Impale Champion, I've got to resist the urge to keep whacking things with Cyclone (other than to proc things like Fortify).

Just to check if there's a reason why Astramentis is astronomically expensive this league, at 1+ex? I've never seen even average, +100 only Astramentis go for this much before. Funnily enough, Cyclopean Coils are still cheap.
"
Seiyashi7184 escribió:
Last played this build back in the CTF/Scorching Ray era, and I must say the Cyclone version feels much smoother, even this early on. That said, having previously used Cyclone in an Impale Champion, I've got to resist the urge to keep whacking things with Cyclone (other than to proc things like Fortify).

Just to check if there's a reason why Astramentis is astronomically expensive this league, at 1+ex? I've never seen even average, +100 only Astramentis go for this much before. Funnily enough, Cyclopean Coils are still cheap.

Blame Strength stacking summoners using The Baron helm for the huge price of Astramentis :)
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 24 dic. 2019 14:59:40
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Seiyashi7184 escribió:

Blame Strength stacking summoners using The Baron helm for the huge price of Astramentis :)

Bleargh. Figures. Mathil?
"
Seiyashi7184 escribió:
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Seiyashi7184 escribió:

Bleargh. Figures. Mathil?

Summoners/Necromancers were buffed a lot in the previous league (Blight league) by GGG so that's why many players are doing now summoners :). They were only nerfed a bit this league compared to previous one where Necromancer was the most played Ascendancy
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 24 dic. 2019 15:40:41

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional