[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Cjin you are correct, and I was wrong from a long time xD.

Doing the tests on PoB and if it's right, the Elemental Penetration negate the same % of Resistence.

Follow the PoB tests with a hit with 10k cold damage:

Raw damage (no penetration and monster resist = 0%) 10.000 final damage
0% Penetration and monster resist = 50%, 5.000 damage
50% Penetration and monster resist = 50%, 10.000 damage
50% Penetration and monster resist = -50%, 20.000 damage

Conclusion: Cold Penetration is aways a good.
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 18 jul. 2022 0:12:36
Cjin based on our last talk, I was testing the gen setup on PoB.

Cold to fire + Trinity for the boss staff, seems to have the lowest DPS of all 4 setups that I tested. With Arcane Surge lvl 14 linked to vortex.

I tested: Cold to Fire + Trinity, Awknd Cold Pen + Arcane Surge, Awknd Cold Pen + Cruelty and for last Awknd Cold Pen + Hypothermia.

https://i.imgur.com/RFLeDuF.png

*ACP + Cruelty has no image because I tested it later today!

CtF + Trinity, has 3,1% less damage than ACP + AS;
ACP + AS, has 0,9% less damage than ACP + Cruelty
ACP + Cruelty, has 3,1% less damage than ACP + Hypothermia

Seems like for the Boss Staff, Awakened Cold Penetration + Hypotermia, with lvl 14 Divergent Arcane surge linked to Vortex has the better damage output, since we cannot use Awakened Controlled Destroction.

In conclusion, the DPS difference are so low that any of setups are valid.

I'll try Hypotermia and Cruelty to feel how it goes, but in the next league probably will stick with Cold to Fire, because it's more versatile and for mapping seems to do more damage, even losing Enfeeble. Let's see xD
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 18 jul. 2022 3:01:36
"
whiterockxx escribió:

CtF + Trinity, has 3,1% less damage than ACP + AS;
ACP + AS, has 0,9% less damage than ACP + Cruelty
ACP + Cruelty, has 3,1% less damage than ACP + Hypothermia

Seems like for the Boss Staff, Awakened Cold Penetration + Hypotermia, with lvl 14 Divergent Arcane surge linked to Vortex has the better damage output, since we cannot use Awakened Controlled Destroction.

In conclusion, the DPS difference are so low that any of setups are valid.

I'll try Hypotermia and Cruelty to feel how it goes, but in the next league probably will stick with Cold to Fire, because it's more versatile and for mapping seems to do more damage, even losing Enfeeble. Let's see xD

What did the numbers show for Trinity when you had CtF? When I was looking, PoB counted Trinity like you get only 2 resonances. So for the PoB calculations Trinity counted only the 10% increased damage from quality, not the 30% more/17% penetration.

It is possible to use Controlled Destruction since they changed the penalty from no crit to (only) 80% less chance to crit. But you want some extra crit chance from somewhere if you want to use it.
Follow the config tab

Lowest Resonance set 50, since Trinity with full effect is up all the time.

https://i.imgur.com/f2se2Xf.png

follow the PoB

https://pastebin.com/3vi5Ld2R

on this PoB you can swap the support gems and see the result

https://i.imgur.com/Xw4aEzA.png
In fact, i was looking at Calcs Tab, and the Trinity 17% penetration is not show in damage calculations, but, it gives 100k+ damage over Hypothermia, that has the same 30% more damage! So, i think its counting on final value
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 18 jul. 2022 5:31:46
"
whiterockxx escribió:
In fact, i was looking at Calcs Tab, and the Trinity 17% penetration is not show in damage calculations, but, it gives 100k+ damage over Hypothermia, that has the same 30% more damage! So, i think its counting on final value

It is there. You probably have wrong Icestorm selected in the Calcs -> View Skill Details -> Socket Group -menu.

Also this all is comparing only raw damage output. CtF+Trinity needs Flammability as 3rd curse when other options can get little more defence from Enfeeble.
Editado por útlima vez por Cjin en 18 jul. 2022 10:31:20
@whiterockxx -- I don't understand why you are using arcane surge linked to vortex. Per its gem text, it gives More damage only to spells LINKED to it. So you're losing out on 20% more spell damage.
"
Graiaule escribió:
@whiterockxx -- I don't understand why you are using arcane surge linked to vortex. Per its gem text, it gives More damage only to spells LINKED to it. So you're losing out on 20% more spell damage.

Arcane Surge lvl 21/20 has 2 lines about more damage:

1 - Arcane surge grants 20% More Spell Damage. This damage is granted to all spells since you keep the Arcane Surge buff expending 461 mana every 4 seconds.

2 - Supported skills deal 20% more spell damage. This damage is only applied to linked spell.

Level 21/20 Arcane surge gives alone 40% more damage. But if you use it linked to other skill elsewhere like vortex, you still can have the 1st line 20% to all spells.

You can change it on staff, using any support that gives more than 20% and it will be a gain in damage by the end

Just keep in mind to keep spamming vortex, to keep Arcane Surge buff up all time.

I use a lvl 14 divergent arcane surge that has 6 seconds duration and gives 17% more damage to all spells.

Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 18 jul. 2022 17:35:11
@whiterockxx: awakened controlled destruction would seem to be the gem to replace arcane surge with except I don't think PoB models the % uptime of elemental overload properly. Last time I tried CD, I rarely saw the EO icon, if I recall correctly.

Awakened CD also gives unnerve, which means we can pick a different searing exarch modifier for gloves.

The only other alternative appears to be hypothermia, which gives my char only about a 8% dps gain.
Let's remember that Vortex on 4 Link do a nice damage too..

As the video below shows, you can clear a T16 map just using a 4-link vortex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxd4zFPPUFo

This damage cannot be denied... as a boost clearing maps or even on bosses!

Awakened Controlled destroction is not an option for Icestorm link, because its completly deny Elemental Overload Proc...
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 18 jul. 2022 20:51:53

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional