[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
mrzhnex escribió:
Hello everyone.
This is thread about ice storm int stacking?
Just start a scion version and already have a question.
What is the BEST damage gems setup? Why?
Is it super op to use cold to fire with trinity?
Do i have no reason to drop cold to fire gem to something other (like cold pen or arcane surge)?
Thank you for you answers!

On paper, the regular full cold have better numbers, and are less complicated to build.

I play with cold to fire, the map clear feels much smoother, and the boss damage more consistent, especially on invitations like "The Feared" wich i use to farm and make good currency. BUT this setup have some key aspects that are hard to see, understand and follow.

I recommend you to start as a pure ice build and follow the Kelvynn guide.

Once you get used to how play with this build, how to selfcast and move on bosses, and, especially how to build the gear, that is not all about INT as it seems on first glance, you should give a try on cold to fire.

But if you want to start straight as cold to fire there are some key points that i'll list you to keep eye while you are gearing up.

• ES - Basically it's your main defensive layer, to enjoy the gameplay 13k+ is mandatory;
• The Body Armour -
Forget int%. Since you dont run Enfeeble, you need another layer of defense to avoid one shots once you hit 15k+ ES you can get a % int one, but on my point of veiw and expeience, its 100% unnecessary;
• Resists - all should be capped 75% and uncapped cold must be +51% over uncapped light, so it allow you to use
thats smash for clear maps;
• Vortex - Awknd Umbound Ailments + Bonechill + vortex is huge. In most of cases you apply a 30% chill, wich increase the damage taken by this amount even on some bosses!
• Alternate quality gems + quality - every gem has it onw propose, could be more ailment effect, more damage, more sustain, more utility. so pay attention to then their level and quality!
• Jewel corruptions - Yes, they must be exacly like mine or you'll face problems with Trinity Support and Mana to reserve for auras;
• Emperor's Wit is luxury, not needed at all, you can replace for a brute force or fertile mind with a usefull corruption to help like reservation;
• Helm Enchant - Purity or Hatred Reservation Mandatory;

There are other few points, but those are enought to show that full cold is way easy to build or not.

I playerd cold to fire setup since the start, so its possible to start with.

Feel free to msg in game, i can help with with doubts.
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockxx en 27 jun. 2022 11:07:43
"
whiterockxx escribió:
"
mrzhnex escribió:
Hello everyone.
This is thread about ice storm int stacking?
Just start a scion version and already have a question.
What is the BEST damage gems setup? Why?
Is it super op to use cold to fire with trinity?
Do i have no reason to drop cold to fire gem to something other (like cold pen or arcane surge)?
Thank you for you answers!

On paper, the regular full cold have better numbers, and are less complicated to build.

I play with cold to fire, the map clear feels much smoother, and the boss damage more consistent, especially on invitations like "The Feared" wich i use to farm and make good currency. BUT this setup have some key aspects that are hard to see, understand and follow.

I recommend you to start as a pure ice build and follow the Kelvynn guide.

Once you get used to how play with this build, how to selfcast and move on bosses, and, especially how to build the gear, that is not all about INT as it seems on first glance, you should give a try on cold to fire.

But if you want to start straight as cold to fire there are some key points that i'll list you to keep eye while you are gearing up.

• ES - Basically it's your main defensive layer, to enjoy the gameplay 13k+ is mandatory;
• The Body Armour -
Forget int%. Since you dont run Enfeeble, you need another layer of defense to avoid one shots once you hit 15k+ ES you can get a % int one, but on my point of veiw and expeience, its 100% unnecessary;
• Resists - all should be capped 75% and uncapped cold must be +51% over uncapped light, so it allow you to use
thats smash for clear maps;
• Vortex - Awknd Umbound Ailments + Bonechill + vortex is huge. In most of cases you apply a 30% chill, wich increase the damage taken by this amount even on some bosses!
• Alternate quality gems + quality - every gem has it onw propose, could be more ailment effect, more damage, more sustain, more utility. so pay attention to then their level and quality!
• Jewel corruptions - Yes, they must be exacly like mine or you'll face problems with Trinity Support and Mana to reserve for auras;
• Emperor's Wit is luxury, not needed at all, you can replace for a brute force or fertile mind with a usefull corruption to help like reservation;
• Helm Enchant - Purity or Hatred Reservation Mandatory;

There are other few points, but those are enought to show that full cold is way easy to build or not.

I playerd cold to fire setup since the start, so its possible to start with.

Feel free to msg in game, i can help with with doubts.

Thank you for detailed explanation throw ice storm!

Just two questions left:
1) Does freeze chance really help not dying in mob packs? Is it worth to get some chance to freeze on tree/items?
2) I noticed, what trinity support doesn't work well when enemy have not cold exposure, i am right about it or i just missing some mechanic to understand?
Freeze really shine when a big pack spawn over you, like harvest, delirium, eldritch influence altars, etc. You really dont need to hunt for more freeze chance than the alternate quality gens on staff.
Exposure is not necessary to apply trinity consistently, but need cold pen, that comes from "blanketed snow" large cluster + the effect of bonechill from vortex is enoght to balance the cold and the fire damage, so you keep trinity full procced all the time. Remember, you must keep holding vortex pressed all the time.
"
whiterockxx escribió:
Freeze really shine when a big pack spawn over you, like harvest, delirium, eldritch influence altars, etc. You really dont need to hunt for more freeze chance than the alternate quality gens on staff.
Exposure is not necessary to apply trinity consistently, but need cold pen, that comes from "blanketed snow" large cluster + the effect of bonechill from vortex is enoght to balance the cold and the fire damage, so you keep trinity full procced all the time. Remember, you must keep holding vortex pressed all the time.

Yes, i forgot about penetration from clusters.
Thank you again.
An update on my Ice Dancer... up to 91 now and have killed the Searing Exarch, Eradicator, and a ton of juiced T16 bosses.

The single biggest thing in staying alive was the purchasing of the matching jewels... Forbidden Flame, and Forbidden Flesh. They cost me a fortune (on Standard), but oh so worth it! I am tanky as all get out now. Can withstand so much more than I could before. Of course, my armor is helping too:

Pricey, but a great investment... the only one-shots I have suffered were two of them from the Searing Exarch, but since that was my first fight with him, I will rack up my losses to inexperience!

A few fights from battling Maven, and still trying to get to the other Uber Bosses... this build is definitely one that can do it :)

Thank you again for the great guide and explanation of how things all work together.
So. I've increased my ES, from before, I have 2.2k int and 11.5k ES and at certain times I still get one-shot, mostly when trying to kill bosses, am I doing something wrong or, do I still need to upgrade? Please look at my skill-tree jewels/gear through my profile since I do not know how to link my gear here.
"
DualCoder escribió:
So. I've increased my ES, from before, I have 2.2k int and 11.5k ES and at certain times I still get one-shot, mostly when trying to kill bosses, am I doing something wrong or, do I still need to upgrade? Please look at my skill-tree jewels/gear through my profile since I do not know how to link my gear here.

The Searing Exarch went through my 9000+ ES with one hit on a couple of occasions! Since bad things like that can still happen, damage mitigation (not just the sheer amount of Energy Shield you have) is a necessity.

Look for "take less damage from blah blah" mods, prevention of ailments, get capped resistances... make sure that you have your Frost Shield set up right so that it triggers when needed, etc. Lots of things one can do.

Of course, just good old practice will help you stay alive as well; the vast majority of bosses telegraph their big move and we as players can often get out of the way or gulp a flask just in time.
"
DualCoder escribió:

I just take a look at your char, you enchanted tranquility twice (boots + amu), you should replace one of them with steelwood dance
"
citruslounge escribió:
"
DualCoder escribió:

The Searing Exarch went through my 9000+ ES with one hit on a couple of occasions! Since bad things like that can still happen, damage mitigation (not just the sheer amount of Energy Shield you have) is a necessity.

Look for "take less damage from blah blah" mods, prevention of ailments, get capped resistances... make sure that you have your Frost Shield set up right so that it triggers when needed, etc. Lots of things one can do.

Of course, just good old practice will help you stay alive as well; the vast majority of bosses telegraph their big move and we as players can often get out of the way or gulp a flask just in time.

I wasnt even meaning end end-game bosses, I just meant the end of t14-16 map bosses. Will do however.

Edit: How does one go about setting frost shield up right so that it triggers when i need it?
Editado por útlima vez por DualCoder en 28 jun. 2022 15:41:25
"
scorflex escribió:
"
DualCoder escribió:

I just take a look at your char, you enchanted tranquility twice (boots + amu), you should replace one of them with steelwood dance

Wow that was a major overlook on my part. Thank you :)

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional