[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
CaptainKotenkin escribió:
"

I've noticed you haven't taken the Ghost Reaver keystone. I've missed it myself too, at first. And I had some trouble understanding why take it in the first place if we already run Zealot's Oath. Well, turns out ES Recharge and ES Regeneration are two different mechanics. While Ghost Reaver disables ES Recharge, you still retain your regen through ZO. I started feeling way tankier after taking the passive.

I went back to my Standard witch character to understand what the tree should look like now, and have been experimenting.

I did take out Ghost Reaver because I didn't think I could handle zero ES recharge. I was somewhat disappointed as I would keep getting killed from time to time and not be able to advance my exp bar.

As an experiment I changed the tree a little bit and picked up GR/ZO. Then I ran Forge of the Phoenix.

I usually die once or twice to that.

This time I just stood in the fire, tanked his slams and fire explosions, and for the first time ever, killed him deathless. 11.7k ES, a Watcher's Eye, and ZO/GR made that possible.

Check out my tree if you want to see one possible build-out. Note I also take Culling Strike in my free gem slot.
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 8 nov. 2021 16:39:59
Guys could u tell me about correct Auras. In this build those auras can be found:
1. Discipline
2. Clarity
3. Purity of Elements
4. Aspect of the Spider (optional)

But there is no Purity of Elements gem in a gear.
Hello fellow ice skaters.

First off, huge thanks to Kelvynn for the superb guide.

This is my first foray into PoE, started just as Scourge went live, so it's probably a bit ambitious to be using a Scion as my first main character - what with not having a clue about half the game mechanics - but hey I usually end up throwing myself in at the deep end with these things :D

Hoping someone might be able to clear up some confusion for me...

I'm doing my best to level up the right gems, at least as much as my sockets will allow.

But...

On the guide, there are differences between the gem setups listed under "Gear" and under "Sockets and Links". I'm confused as to which setup I should be paying attention to?

So I might be levelling some gems needlessly, and missing some that need levelling. I've got the impression, for example, that Flesh & Stone may no longer be relevant.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Sep
Editado por útlima vez por Sepulchron en 10 nov. 2021 12:21:53
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 10 nov. 2021 14:50:43
Thanks for that :)

The only thing I don't get is how it's possible to run the Blasphemy-Frostbite aura with Clarity, Discipline and Purity up. I don't have an Enlighten gem currently. Or is the Blasphemy-Frostbite setup only specific to the Occultist variant?

So many noob questions.
"
Sepulchron escribió:
Thanks for that :)

The only thing I don't get is how it's possible to run the Blasphemy-Frostbite aura with Clarity, Discipline and Purity up. I don't have an Enlighten gem currently. Or is the Blasphemy-Frostbite setup only specific to the Occultist variant?

So many noob questions.

Not a noob question.

I run Spider aspect, Clarity, Discipline, and Purity (on my standard char.)

That costs me an enlighten 3 as well as 3 passive points in the sovereignty cluster (far left.)

The frostbite is in my 6L since I (a) can cast 3 curses (b) have a 6L.

IMO, I'd not bother with blasphemy-frostbite at all if I had only a 5L.

Again, more people are paying attention in the Witch thread, so you should move your questions over there.
Many thanks again, that's very helpful :)

My links are very currency limited, naturally. And I'm only in Act 9. Been enjoying playing through the campaign story at a fairly leisurely pace.

I'll move any questions over to the Witch thread, cheers for that sage piece of advice. o7

Edit: I got my first Ex drop earlier today, which was a screenshot moment :D
Editado por útlima vez por Sepulchron en 10 nov. 2021 17:49:10
Gratz, there's nothing like seeing a big white label on a drop making you look!(assuming you're using Neversink's filters.)
Heh, cheers. Yeah I am using the loot filter, and I've got Kay's voice pack version to make looting insanely cute to boot :D
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the amazing build, I have tried something else and diverged from the intended formula with implementing Icestorm and Firestorm together.

It does drain a ton of mana but with clarity and mana leech, it's really easy to sustain.

I have also included the auras Purity of Elements, Discipline, Clarity and Determination (To fix my armour problem). My curses are Enfeeble and Elemental Weakness, will include Frostbite Curse when I allocate Whispers of Doom and 6l my chest.

Am I on the right track? I'm just asking to make sure, this league is the first time that I'm trying out an energy shield build. It's polarising but manageable and also unexpectedly expensive.
Editado por útlima vez por AegisEmperor en 15 nov. 2021 1:10:33

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional