[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
After waiting around for a bit I was able to get the optimal cluster for 5 exs.
Also I'm using a different cluster that was a bit cheaper like 3exs
which was
CoC
Disorienting Display
Prismatic Heart

Cold to core in that cluster is in the same spot as the widespread destruction variant :)!

But PH is not.

CttC - PH - Widespread is the ONLY optimal variant where CttC and PH are on the sides.

In most other variants CttC is on a side too. So when you don't have the currency to buy the perfect one, all you need is just CttC + 1 or 2 other notables. That's usually not expensive at all, and you can just chaos spam that yourself. But make sure to check in PoB before buying, not all variants are good.
"
Graiaule escribió:
I suppose some talismans are good. Look at what I picked up for 3 chaos 8-)

I keep forgetting that you can anoint corrupted talismans now. Pretty good find.
What are the best multi mods for crafting on the chest?
Week 2 update

- Dropped Herald of Ice. The explosions look nice, but the damage really falls off. Even with moderate gear you are doing 10x more damage in 1 Icestorm hit than with the Herald explosion. All trash is already guaranteed to die to Icestorm with or without Herald.

- Arctic Armour is only a temporary crutch (instead of Aspect of the Spider) until you get an automatic anti-freeze flask.

There is not much reason to run AA after that. Standing still is a really bad idea in PoE these days. And most bosses keep moving too.

- Dropped Charisma since there is no need for the 5th aura. Freed 4 skill points for an extra jewel or just more nice stuff around Thread of Hope.

This leaves you with a healthy chunk of free mana to spend on CWDT. Or to run a Purity aura instead of Aspect if you need resists.

Purity of Ice is actually very useful in the endgame. For some reason GGG considers cold damage to be the ultimate boss thing. The top endgame bosses in PoE are cold-based. Even in this league, the top Expedition boss is cold too.

Updated the cluster trees. The old 3.12 version is officially retired now. The current tree is better in every way, even without Charisma. I compared a few variants of each tree with the same gear, and every time the current one results in better stats.

I'm gearing up, slowly but surely. The market in this league is totally dead compared to how it used to be. It's going to be harder to get to 3k Int. We'll see. So far sitting at 2.6k working on a few more upgrades.

I farmed some Simulacrums. Curiously, the drop rates of the boss loot there seem to have changed. No more vendor trash uniques in 75% of the runs. Now it actually drops a lot of Megalos and Splits. And with AoE freeze it's easier than ever.

New video: Simulacrum (last 3 waves)
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 8 ago. 2021 0:55:42
"
Kelvynn escribió:
"
Graiaule escribió:
I suppose some talismans are good. Look at what I picked up for 3 chaos 8-)

I keep forgetting that you can anoint corrupted talismans now. Pretty good find.

Oh, d'oh. It's ALREADY anointed. No, it came with ethereal feast. I spent a lot of time looking for a good anointment, not realizing I can just go overwrite whatever's there. I was actually looking forward to adding Tranquility to this one...

That makes it easier to search, though -- just focus on attributes and ES/resists and just pay the extra ~30c for a tainted oil.
about good talisman...

now trying to get same but with t1-2 resist :/ not so lucky in it
Since everyone is now talking about talismans...

Got lucky and got dmg/15int with 2nd reroll. Not the best 3rd suffix, but still 500 more ES and 20% more damage than with the Astramentis I had before.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
Week 2 update

- Dropped Herald of Ice. The explosions look nice, but the damage really falls off. Even with moderate gear you are doing 10x more damage in 1 Icestorm hit than with the Herald explosion. All trash is already guaranteed to die to Icestorm with or without Herald.

- Arctic Armour is only a temporary crutch (instead of Aspect of the Spider) until you get an automatic anti-freeze flask.

There is not much reason to run AA after that. Standing still is a really bad idea in PoE these days. And most bosses keep moving too.

- Dropped Charisma since there is no need for the 5th aura. Freed 4 skill points for an extra jewel or just more nice stuff around Thread of Hope.

This leaves you with a healthy chunk of free mana to spend on CWDT. Or to run a Purity aura instead of Aspect if you need resists.

Purity of Ice is actually very useful in the endgame. For some reason GGG considers cold damage to be the ultimate boss thing. The top endgame bosses in PoE are cold-based. Even in this league, the top Expedition boss is cold too.

Updated the cluster trees. The old 3.12 version is officially retired now. The current tree is better in every way, even without Charisma. I compared a few variants of each tree with the same gear, and every time the current one results in better stats.

I'm gearing up, slowly but surely. The market in this league is totally dead compared to how it used to be. It's going to be harder to get to 3k Int. We'll see. So far sitting at 2.6k working on a few more upgrades.

I farmed some Simulacrums. Curiously, the drop rates of the boss loot there seem to have changed. No more vendor trash uniques in 75% of the runs. Now it actually drops a lot of Megalos and Splits. And with AoE freeze it's easier than ever.

New video: Simulacrum (last 3 waves)

So, seeing as you say that the market is dead, would you recommend this build to someone who doesn't make as much currency in general to get some of the good Int items? Seeing as there are less on the market now and probably more expensive as well, on top of many players that are playing this guide trying to snipe these. I feel like I probably won't get far.
Editado por útlima vez por InsaneX3 en 8 ago. 2021 12:49:29
"
InsaneX3 escribió:

So, seeing as you say that the market is dead, would you recommend this build to someone who doesn't make as much currency in general to get some of the good Int items? Seeing as there are less on the market now and probably more expensive as well, on top of many players that are playing this guide trying to snipe these. I feel like I probably won't get far.

I'm in your shoes. I've sold only currency (jewelers, fusings, etc.) and the chaos recipe for chaos orbs. I've found zero exalts. I did get a Kaom's chest from expedition, but now these are only worth 10c and not 2-3 ex.

My gear cost less than 50c (most expensive was the belt at 20c.) And I am playing the game with no issues.

Yes, this is a build that costs 50ex+ to really squeeze out the maximum amount of damage and ES, but that's generally true of builds.
"
archwerewolf escribió:
about good talisman...

now trying to get same but with t1-2 resist :/ not so lucky in it

Got this one today, too bad no resist too but mana regen aren't that bad i guess.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional