[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Now, this Megalomaniac is good! PM me if you're interested in buying it :P

How does the icestorm targeting actually work? It's kinda hard to test with cyclone moving. Does it prefer targets under my cursor or does it just circle around me?
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
LibraExAnima escribió:
How does the icestorm targeting actually work? It's kinda hard to test with cyclone moving. Does it prefer targets under my cursor or does it just circle around me?

Ice storm will cast in an area with wherever your cursor was at the time it was casted as the centerpoint. It lasts a set amount of time or until you have casted over 5 ice storms, at which point the first ice storm cast will be replaced.

Where you are at the time doesnt actually matter. So for instance on veritania, you should pre stack up the icestorms and stop channeling cyclone when you have to run away so she continues taking damage from all 5 icestorms. Or for valdos rest harbinger packs you could do a sweep through them and stop channeling and let the icestorms run their duration.
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 23 feb. 2021 22:51:03
Alright, thank you for clarifying this.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
"
Mindhandler escribió:
Besides the classic version of the tree i think the version i am using is probably the most viable option.

You have very expensive equipment. You also have a tree with expensive jewells. Of course it's nice to watch you kill the boss. It is not accessible to a passerby from the street. I think the real trick is to do it cheaply and effectively.
"
nocek_czerny escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:
Besides the classic version of the tree i think the version i am using is probably the most viable option.

You have very expensive equipment. You also have a tree with expensive jewells. Of course it's nice to watch you kill the boss. It is not accessible to a passerby from the street. I think the real trick is to do it cheaply and effectively.

Well yeah, but he was asking for alternate versions of the tree, and there is really only the classic version, my tree, and one other tree that i like less than both.

For cheap you should 100% follow the guide pretty closely with a few exceptions like getting a rare belt with %int instead of the unique belt etc. My variation on the build is a bit experimental and yeah very expensive.

You can do everything in the game effectively with just 2 large clusters with only the 2 important notables and some average gear. I was just showing people that the build can still put out pretty high boss damage with the right setup, so people don't write this build off as purely a mapper. And i think doing the last phase of a9 sirus in ~15ish seconds shows that it can be done with decent investment.
"
Mindhandler escribió:
"
nocek_czerny escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:

Well yeah, but he was asking for alternate versions of the tree, and there is really only the classic version, my tree, and one other tree that i like less than both.

For cheap you should 100% follow the guide pretty closely with a few exceptions like getting a rare belt with %int instead of the unique belt etc. My variation on the build is a bit experimental and yeah very expensive.

You can do everything in the game effectively with just 2 large clusters with only the 2 important notables and some average gear. I was just showing people that the build can still put out pretty high boss damage with the right setup, so people don't write this build off as purely a mapper. And i think doing the last phase of a9 sirus in ~15ish seconds shows that it can be done with decent investment.

You keep advocating for the belt, but it's really just a slight damage increase at the expense of a lot else. The belt "upgrade" should be a very late priority if made at all imo, as a %int implicit cyclopean coil is better in most situations and replacing it is a 2-3% damage increase at the absolute best.
Well you are right about it only being a slight dps increase. The reason i advocate for it isn't neccesarily because of the dps though. I primarily advocate for it because of the potential to get other needed stats such as resistances and attributes.

It makes upgrading pieces like your amulet especially easy. Without it doing something like switching off of astramentis while still maintaining reistances and attribute requirements is more of a balancing act.

But switching off astramentis itself is a later option so you are probably right about not recommending it so highly.

Edit: after plugging both a regular 18% attributes one into my pob (which is what new comers will be using) its actually over a 7% dps loss, i wouldnt consider that small. A perfectly corrupted one is only a 2.2% loss but costs 35 ex. I would consider that more of a late game option no?
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 24 feb. 2021 8:43:15
"
Mindhandler escribió:
Well you are right about it only being a slight dps increase, the reason i advocate for it isn't neccesarily because of the dps though. I primarily advocate for it because of the potential to get other needed stats such as resistances and attributes.

It makes upgrading pieces like your amulet especially easy. Without it doing something like switching off of astramentis while still maintaining reistances and attribute requirements is more of a balancing act.

But switching off astramentis itself is a later option so you are probably right about not recommending it so highly.

I disagree with you again. Switching off astramentis was the one of the first things I did myself and is a very cheap and easy option to gain a pretty decent chunk of damage.
"
Dekadence escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:
Well you are right about it only being a slight dps increase, the reason i advocate for it isn't neccesarily because of the dps though. I primarily advocate for it because of the potential to get other needed stats such as resistances and attributes.

I disagree with you again. Switching off astramentis was the one of the first things I did myself and is a very cheap and easy option to gain a pretty decent chunk of damage.

Agree to disagree then. My belt is a 7% increase from a standard cyclopean coil with 18% attributes. And a 2.2% increase over a cyclopean coil with perfectly corrupted rolls. So the one you are using would be anywhere from a 3-5% dps loss for me while costing more than a rare belt. Rare belts with %int base cost 50-70c. You can hit something useable within a few essences so the belt cost is about 1ex. Being cheaper would not classify it as a "late game option."
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 24 feb. 2021 9:07:55

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional