[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Audience_Cat escribió:
Sorry if this has been asked previously, but why not use Herald of Ice?

If you need a 25% mana reserved damage aura use aspect of the spider. Herald of ice does roughly 1/4th of a full stacked spider, and it will stack up fast on bosses. Skitterbots and hatred are both better damage aura options but cost more mana res.
Hi again, I would really appreciate some advice from someone experienced with this build (looking humbly at Mindhadler).

I feel I got to the very late gearing phase, I have all jewels, switched to amulet and belt, still working on my 5% int gloves and looking for some rings if the price drops to a reasonable level again (25+ ex for garbage rings with only one useful stat, that is pure greediness).
However, after switching from perfectly rolled and corrupted unique belt and astramentis, I feel a bit squishy... My damage skyrocketed by 20 percent but I do not feel so safe when running t16 maps now (I have switched because I got owned by chimera and managed to accumulate enough ex to buy me the amulet, then I sold my old belt because the other guy seemed to need it much more than I did, stupid, I know, but hopefully philantropic :) ).
I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can’t get to the bottom of this. I am not using flasks so often, because I can’t play piano, if you know what I mean... Maybe that is my problem?

Anyway, I would be really glad if someone can point me in the right direction, I would love to grind to level 100 at least once, but it is difficult dying here and there...

Thanks a lot for reading such a long post :)
Cheers
f
P.S. I have 13,8k ES and Icestorm in-game tooltip shows 54,5k damage, resistances are 81/83/78 (I do not know how I will manage after switching to rings, though)
Editado por útlima vez por fefkus en 25 feb. 2021 2:21:35
"
fefkus escribió:
Hi again, I would really appreciate some advice from someone experienced with this build (looking humbly at Mindhadler).

I feel I got to the very late gearing phase, I have all jewels, switched to amulet and belt, still working on my 5% int gloves and looking for some rings if the price drops to a reasonable level again (25+ ex for garbage rings with only one useful stat, that is pure greediness).
However, after switching from perfectly rolled and corrupted unique belt and astramentis, I feel a bit squishy... My damage skyrocketed by 20 percent but I do not feel so safe when running t16 maps now (I have switched because I got owned by chimera and managed to accumulate enough ex to buy me the amulet, then I sold my old belt because the other guy seemed to need it much more than I did, stupid, I know, but hopefully philantropic :) ).
I am pretty sure I am doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can’t get to the bottom of this. I am not using flasks so often, because I can’t play piano, if you know what I mean... Maybe that is my problem?

Anyway, I would be really glad if someone can point me in the right direction, I would love to grind to level 100 at least once, but it is difficult dying here and there...

Thanks a lot for reading such a long post :)
Cheers
f
P.S. I have 13,8k ES and Icestorm in-game tooltip shows 54,5k damage, resistances are 81/83/78 (I do not know how I will manage after switching to rings, though)

Randomly dying can happen every once in awhile regardless, your at roughly the point i was when i grinded to 100. Personally i think you need to go out of your way doing a method that is both relatively safe and fast to get to 100. Last league it was white contracts and running back and forth in heist.

This league it is valdos rest harbingers on white or blue t16 maps (necropolis is the best for this once you figure out how predicatble the layout is). You just run in, kill the harbingers and run straight to the boss to kill him and reset. I did 97-100 in a few days with this method.

I don't see anything wrong with your gear, but yes i would say constant granite/basalt flask up time is very necessary in general mapping. Taking half the amount of physical damage will make many things not 1 shot you at your energy shield level.
Hey friendos,

I am doing alright on my build now and can do most content being super tanky, but I still struggle doing the big boys, such as Sirus (on higher Awakening) and for example the Maven fight with the 4 Breach Bosses, and I am now at a point where I feel like my only improvements lie with massive investments in a better chest, neck and helmet. (And one more Split personality) I'm working on the Helmet, but aside from that I can't seem to pump out the damage I need for those Bosses. Is this just what I have to deal with until I fixed the above mentioned things or am I missing something/is there a better way to use my passive Points in Clusters?
https://pastebin.com/gvYpGVXj

Thanks for the help!
"
BlackMoney escribió:
Hey friendos,

I am doing alright on my build now and can do most content being super tanky, but I still struggle doing the big boys, such as Sirus (on higher Awakening) and for example the Maven fight with the 4 Breach Bosses,

This is the same core build but applies to Scion.
Kelvynn redraws the figure a bit in the introduction. Build on the way to a very expensive max encounters a few problems, be patient and upgrade your equipment.
Hey, i was hoping someone could help me improve my ES pool, im at 9.5k now. I got 10 exalted to spare atm. Could also just be generel improvements.

I wrote over in the occultist section but there seems to be more reponses over here
"
Mindhandler escribió:
I don't see anything wrong with your gear, but yes i would say constant granite/basalt flask up time is very necessary in general mapping. Taking half the amount of physical damage will make many things not 1 shot you at your energy shield level.

Thanks a lot, Mindhandler. I appreciate your reply a lot.

I guess I am just not used to random dying due to my previous HoP + spiders build experience, when I was not at the epicentre of battle, but I guess I will get used to it :)
I have managed to break the bank yesterday and bought two increased int rings finally, so I am broke now, but with the final gear (for me) at the end of my fingertips (now just to craft it :) ).

I have skipped Heist league so I love running heists, I am mostly playing for the content :) But I will concentrate on Valdo’s Rest as you have suggested to make it quicker to lvl 100 (or near it). I have a tendency to clear maps to below 50 monsters left, so that is another thing I have to learn...

I have one last (hopefully) question: I see that you have 16% increased damage crafted on your rings, but mostly I have seen people craft 20 - 30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills. Why have you opted for increased damage and not the latter?
Thanks and cheers!
F
"
fefkus escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:

Thanks a lot, Mindhandler. I appreciate your reply a lot.

I guess I am just not used to random dying due to my previous HoP + spiders build experience, when I was not at the epicentre of battle, but I guess I will get used to it :)
I have managed to break the bank yesterday and bought two increased int rings finally, so I am broke now, but with the final gear (for me) at the end of my fingertips (now just to craft it :) ).

I have skipped Heist league so I love running heists, I am mostly playing for the content :) But I will concentrate on Valdo’s Rest as you have suggested to make it quicker to lvl 100 (or near it). I have a tendency to clear maps to below 50 monsters left, so that is another thing I have to learn...

I have one last (hopefully) question: I see that you have 16% increased damage crafted on your rings, but mostly I have seen people craft 20 - 30% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills. Why have you opted for increased damage and not the latter?
Thanks and cheers!
F

We get nothing from elemental damage with attack skills as icestorm is not an attack skill. The reason you are seeing people with that crafted is because of the more popular kinetic blast/power siphon wander int stackers. They want that on their rings. Our best bench craft is easily the +17 to dex and int or str and int crafts. But its hard to do that while still capping resistances. Im about to modify a couple of pieces of gear so i can have that bench craft on 3 items while still having resistances. A flat 89 int on rings and belt is pretty huge.

Good call on the rings, once you get those rolling its really nice.
Editado por útlima vez por Mindhandler en 26 feb. 2021 4:41:20
Only real questen i have about this build is, in every day use what flasks should we be running? new player here so not 100% sure on what id need
"
Lycandrew escribió:
Only real questen i have about this build is, in every day use what flasks should we be running? new player here so not 100% sure on what id need

Wise oak and atziris promise for uniques. Granite flask, basalt flask, sulphur flask for magic. You want them to be of warding, staunching, and heat. Doesnt really matter what's on each one just make sure to have all 3 types.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional