[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Breken escribió:

My gut tells me that mapping will be smoother, but bossing will be harder.

And that is why the build is a LOT worse. It's not as if we ever had any kind of problem with mapping/clear. It didn't clear as fast as others, but it certainly clear very easily.
Editado por útlima vez por HHLupus en 15 sept. 2020 23:45:26
"
HHLupus escribió:
"
Breken escribió:

My gut tells me that mapping will be smoother, but bossing will be harder.

And that is why the build is a LOT worse. It's not as if we ever had any kind of problem with mapping/clear. It didn't clear as fast as others, but it certainly clear very easily.

See to me we could experiment with some type of flat damage variation in the chest potentially with essence drain or something idk...be fun to theorycraft though.

With mapping faster we just need to focus on single target.
How often does each storm trigger??
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

With Awakaned Cast While Channeling, they trigger every .3 seconds. Normal CWC is .35 seconds.

One thing I didn't think about, is if Awakened Spell Cascade counts as 1 storm, or if it counts as 5. If it counts as 5, than that really blows for clear. Although Increased AOE is quite a bit better with the new shard ratios.
"
Breken escribió:
"
Hemzokuken escribió:

With Awakaned Cast While Channeling, they trigger every .3 seconds. Normal CWC is .35 seconds.

One thing I didn't think about, is if Awakened Spell Cascade counts as 1 storm, or if it counts as 5. If it counts as 5, than that really blows for clear. Although Increased AOE is quite a bit better with the new shard ratios.

Considering interaction of desecrate with spell cascade and cap ammount of corpses - i would bet 99% that max storms active gonna be hard 5, and spell cascade not gonna make it more.

That's exactly why I don't believe in a bright future of this build.
I really want to laugh at all those naive expectations of "we have better map clear now". It would be so funny, if it wouldn't so sad.
Editado por útlima vez por Med1umentor en 16 sept. 2020 2:21:41
If my calcs are not wrong, the build is probably dead :(

I'm not takin in consideration the reduce of area.. but the amount of shards difference is huge...

It's sad, but i tend to think that the WI is dead now.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong with calcs!

follow the sheet of calcs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzkSdY7WkZ8NcDfXCzL8Bd8xV3aDZfszziqce93J6D8/edit?usp=sharing

I really hope that i'm wrong.. really
Editado por útlima vez por whiterockx en 16 sept. 2020 1:38:35
I don't think you factored in the percentage of hits that would actually hit. the new one is 2.5-3 times more likely to actually hit the target. However, even best case scenario we have a ~50-100% increase in damage per icestorm but a 75% loss in the number of icestorms for a 50% loss in sustained dps.

So I'm a bit disappointed as I was planning to play with this skill in heist. I will still do it if spell repeats don't count towards the limit, but I don't think I'll be that lucky.

My back up plan? Pillar of the caged god and sweep.
Editado por útlima vez por DapperDannman en 16 sept. 2020 1:49:36
"
whiterockx escribió:
If my calcs are not wrong, the build is probably dead :(

I'm not takin in consideration the reduce of area.. but the amount of shards difference is huge...

It's sad, but i tend to think that the WI is dead now.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong with calcs!

follow the sheet of calcs

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HzkSdY7WkZ8NcDfXCzL8Bd8xV3aDZfszziqce93J6D8/edit?usp=sharing

I really hope that i'm wrong.. really

Where is the new 25 hits per second variable coming from? Same with the old 198 hits per second?
5 casts max active, 0.2s per hit is 25 hits per sec
Almost 20 casts active, 0.1s per hit makes almost 200 hits per sec
"
DapperDannman escribió:
I don't think you factored in the percentage of hits that would actually hit. the new one is 2.5-3 times more likely to actually hit the target. However, even best case scenario we have a ~50-100% increase in damage per icestorm but a 75% loss in the number of icestorms for a 50% loss in sustained dps.

So I'm a bit disappointed as I was planning to play with this skill in heist. I will still do it if spell repeats don't count towards the limit, but I don't think I'll be that lucky.

My back up plan? Pillar of the caged god and sweep.

Yeah, on my reference build, I go from 22 storms and 220 icicles/ second with Ele Focus or 110 storms and 1100 icicles/ second with Woke Cascade down to 5 or 5 with 25 icicles a second. Even with 50% more base and (optimistically) 100% more chance to hit in single target, I'm losing more than 60% of my single target and more than 90% of my clear.

Ramp is marginally better, from about 1Mdps/second of channeling to about 1.28Mdps/second of channeling, but my ability to actually clear maps and pick up stragglers is gone without Cascade and lingering storms. Even Inc AoE and Herald of Ice won't come close to getting that back.

We can't even use traps or mines to attempt to claw back some of the clear now.

I desperately hope I'm missing something, as I've been in love with this build since Essence, but I don't see how it can survive this without returning to a pure bossing build that struggles to clear anything.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional