[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Lvl 91, not well geared and did 20/20 sim without any trouble.
Just spinning through alch/vaaled T16 maps, with Scarabs, Einhar/jun missions etc.

I don't like this build too well for taking down Sirus, but Elder went down super fast. I think it boils down to the SIrus fight being a shitty fight, where you have to move around too much, and this build requires alot of spinning around vortexing the target.

It's surely doable with enough training.

9/10 for this build imo :)

Am I missing something? I swear my culling strike does not seem to work -- the boss health bar doesn't stop at 10% remaining with its death, even though I am stacking Vortex underneath it.

I have Vortex - Bonechill - Arcane Surge - Culling Strike set up in my gloves.

Culling strike says "on hit" so I am assuming Vortex hits...
"
Graiaule escribió:
Am I missing something? I swear my culling strike does not seem to work -- the boss health bar doesn't stop at 10% remaining with its death, even though I am stacking Vortex underneath it.

The initial hit from Vortex triggers on hit effects, but damage form ground dot will not.

Problem here is probably how Culling Strike works. Or in this case how it does not work. Wiki says "Culling strike affects Rare, Unique and Act Bosses but does not affect the final phase of Uber Elder, and possibly other phased boss encounters."
"
Graiaule escribió:

It's only the explosion (spawn of the Vortex) that is a hit, the ground degen is not. Are you sure that you're CASTING Vortex underneath that results in the Vortex to hit boss?

"
Cjin escribió:
Problem here is probably how Culling Strike works. Or in this case how it does not work. Wiki says "Culling strike affects Rare, Unique and Act Bosses but does not affect the final phase of Uber Elder, and possibly other phased boss encounters."
Whoa, I guess I learnt something new about Culling Strike :)
Editado por útlima vez por ZiiimZooon en 17 ago. 2020 8:29:31
"
Efotia escribió:
24.700 ES
3729 INT
I need to change my belt i guess.. don't know what to get anymore pretty much maxed but also what do you guys think about deleting hybrid es mod on helm and adding cold dmg to spells? I'd lose some es but, dmg boost will be huge i suppose.

amazing, would you mind posting the steps you did to craft these?
Interesting I tried this build in standard based off the old 93 POB (no cluster jewels). got around 7.6k ES. 1995 Int and i get destroyed. It kills shit ok but their is no tankyness at all. My ES gets hit big time and never recovers. How important is the watchers eye and the ES per hit? thats pretty much the only piece i dont have.

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. I see one video where the guy has 24k ES and god gear.

Gee no kidding you can kill shit with that kind of gear....
"
Nightmare123 escribió:
Interesting I tried this build in standard based off the old 93 POB (no cluster jewels). got around 7.6k ES. 1995 Int and i get destroyed. It kills shit ok but their is no tankyness at all. My ES gets hit big time and never recovers. How important is the watchers eye and the ES per hit? thats pretty much the only piece i dont have.

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. .

My gear is slightly better than yours (based on your ES/Int numbers), and I can do T16 corrupted rare maps. Yes, I would be noticeably tankier with the ES on hit Eye, but I am quite strong without it.

Most likely you have a few errors in your build & gear, but your char isn't public so we can't help.
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
Nightmare123 escribió:

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. .

My gear is slightly better than yours (based on your ES/Int numbers), and I can do T16 corrupted rare maps. Yes, I would be noticeably tankier with the ES on hit Eye, but I am quite strong without it.

Most likely you have a few errors in your build & gear, but your char isn't public so we can't help.

I can do those maps too but i can also get destroyed on them as well. I mean i just don't find the original char to be tanky at all. It can take heavy damage extremely quick.

I tend to look for tanky char as i am not the best at avoiding damage. That was my comment. I can run a tier 16 corrupted map to if i am careful of the mods. Just overall for the amount of money spent to get this char where it is, I didnt find it worth it.

I certainly can't do guardians or shaper or any of the high level content with the original 93 level pob char. (and if the response is you need to avoid shit...then dont call the build tanky)
anyone has tips to harvest craft the main gear like body armour and helmet? much appreciated!
"
Nightmare123 escribió:

Really disappointed but then i realize all these videos are not off the base character any more. I see one video where the guy has 24k ES and god gear.

Gee no kidding you can kill shit with that kind of gear....

I just logged on my first character playing this build which was in metamorph without the new cluster jewels or harvest crafting. It has some awakened gems but thats all the "new" content it has. I did an elder, shaper and finally an uber elder. Granted, I died two times to uber shaper cycloning straight into three of his frostbolts, but whatever the fight was not pulling a strain on me.

https://pastebin.com/V4pPEZec

lvl 96
64 712 Average unflasked Sirus/Shaper hit (in PoB)
9738 ES

So yeah I think you're drawing a line in the sand that just got flushed away by the waves.

Some screenshots:
Spoiler

My gear:
Spoiler

I do have 80% resists to all that makes my Wise Oak strong, which does help alot with survivability, so yeah, this may be making my character "too powerful" to compare but yet this is something anyone can do with some care taken to rerolling resists on their rings and stuff.

This Watcher's Eye may look very powerful but I am not using Hatred it was actually just my first uber elder kill & drop that I equipped straight away back then :-}. Freeze immunity is not so useful in uber elder fight really abut phys taken as cold is good, but yet, you would rather use other auras so this doesn't make my character "too powerful" to compare.
Editado por útlima vez por LiNGeN en 21 ago. 2020 4:29:32

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional