[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Hey! I've been playing the base version with inexpensive items, but I'm thinking about upgrading and possibly respeccing to another. So far I've seen three ways: rares with a lot of flat/percentage int, Hatred and Cluster Jewels; whiterockx's unique items version; and a-lot-of-jewels builds on poe.ninja. What are their pros and cons, and which ones are not super-expensive if I want to craft most items myself? I see the uniques version does not have a lot of crafting required, but I also saw the well-rolled EotG is costly.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Jewels are just Pure Talent and dex/str conversion jewels.

I have another WI with 2 green sockets and elemental damage craft, but... forgot about it.

Thanks!
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
"
Iangyratu escribió:
Hey! I've been playing the base version with inexpensive items, but I'm thinking about upgrading and possibly respeccing to another. So far I've seen three ways: rares with a lot of flat/percentage int, Hatred and Cluster Jewels; whiterockx's unique items version; and a-lot-of-jewels builds on poe.ninja. What are their pros and cons, and which ones are not super-expensive if I want to craft most items myself? I see the uniques version does not have a lot of crafting required, but I also saw the well-rolled EotG is costly.

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

I have another WI with 2 green sockets and elemental damage craft, but... forgot about it.

Thanks!

I think that standard build with Block nodes can be cheaper and easy to make. The unic itens setup is cheap too, but you need the clusters, and on hatred variant you have 2 choices expend alot on craft and gg gear or be squish die alot and ragequit xD
What flasks should i use with this build?
"
Iangyratu escribió:

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Thanks!

If you want more out of the passive tree you want to use a variant with 2 split personalities. Almost everyone uses the path where you go via resistances nodes > dexterity nodes > back through strength nodes and end with 3-4 cold large clusters with some varition of medium clusters/megalomaniacs/rare jewels. This can be both cheap and very expensive depending on how well rolled jewels you want, Int+ES splits but it is fairly straightforward.

I haven't played the block variant. I think its limited in terms of damage output and high end stats because of passives put into this.

If you want something more you need to spend time analyzing and comparing for your character with your current gear.
From my experience you should be able to change to the Split Personality build once you hit level 92 (if I remember correctly, but optimal at level 95), when you have a single good Large Cluster and the 2 Int / ES Split Personalities.
Trying to practice this a bit for next league start and I've tried a couple of different ways to level it with no leveling gear and its been pretty painful. I've tried the mine approach, freeze pulse, and even FP with storm burst totem(which has been the best so far) but the damage is always nonexistent on bosses even with 3-4 links. Am I doing something wrong? Following the leveling path for the classic leveling version which I know is pretty rough on relevant pre WI points but early league tons of regrets prolly won't be an option.

I also just noticed the tree and jewels are no longer relevant(split personality nerf). Is there a new tree somewhere or is everyone using the same paths just replacing splits with brute force and fertile mind? When do you actually do the respec now? I followed the classic build and it cuts off the skill tree at lvl 69.
Editado por útlima vez por Syche22 en 15 ago. 2020 19:02:44
"
ZiiimZooon escribió:
From my experience you should be able to change to the Split Personality build once you hit level 92 (if I remember correctly, but optimal at level 95), when you have a single good Large Cluster and the 2 Int / ES Split Personalities.

You can do it at 87 if you want to w/ only an 8 passive 2 jewel and nothing else matters cluster. Assuming you have good/great gear for your level.
Okay... I'm feeling lucky today!!!

First, I got 5 fractured fossils from a tinkerer's table div card:
Spoiler

Then, I used the craft "Remove a random non-influence modifier and add a random influence modifier" on the lapis amulet that I days ago awakener orbed into a:
- 14 Dexterity
- 12% increased Maximum Energy Shield (<- I first had to remove this with remove defence craft)
- T1 % Attributes
- T1 % Intelligence
Spoiler

Maybe I will drop some mirror shards or a mirror later today? :-}
Is the vortex setup just because we have nothing else to do with the gems or am I missing something and it does more damage than I think. PoB doesn't seem to care that the enemy is chilled or not.
"
battousaii escribió:
Is the vortex setup just because we have nothing else to do with the gems or am I missing something and it does more damage than I think. PoB doesn't seem to care that the enemy is chilled or not.

It is to proc Arcane Surge and Bonechill.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional