[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
LiNGeN escribió:

Good work.

I'd craft my own chest instead of paying 150ex, but I guess theyre that expensive due to having the explode prefix.

Not sure if you gain that much dropping the templar node. I'd check PoB first if you haven't already.

Thank you.

How to craft it and if there's any luck factor involved? I've crafted my helmet, took 9 Hunter's Exalteds (on different bases with right ilvl obviously) to hit T1 % int. After this experience I'd rather pay for certanity of getting what I want. Ok, if crafting is waaaaaay cheaper, I'd consider it.

Some cheaper chest appeared in range of 80 ex, which is more reasonable.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/4mnqPjQs9

And iirc explodey mod is secondary damage and can't be reflected, right? I've tried run a map with Gloom Shrine (chaos explosions from sextans), it felt extremely good. Is that mod similar mechanically?

I've also seen that you're using Thread of Hope in socket north of Witch start. Really liked the idea, but I guess it requires ES on hit Watcher's Eye? Without Light Eater cluster, ES leech will be too low to sustain.

"
You might explore an ES belt option if you are willing to trade average hit for ES. Looks like you would give up ~0.7% (w/ wise oak up) avg hit for 1K ES (4.7%). This was with the 15 ex one I found below.

https://poe.trade/search/imeyokatebuhim

Nice one, worth consideration, but I hestitate about survivability drop. Total ES may be higher, but it would make me prone to shocks from random criticals and map modifiers. Can someone using rare belt tell me if losing shock/ignite immunity isn't too harsh?
Editado por útlima vez por Melnevacor en 25 ago. 2020 4:08:14
"
Melnevacor escribió:
Spoiler
"
LiNGeN escribió:

Good work.

I'd craft my own chest instead of paying 150ex, but I guess theyre that expensive due to having the explode prefix.

Not sure if you gain that much dropping the templar node. I'd check PoB first if you haven't already.

Thank you.

How to craft it and if there's any luck factor involved? I've crafted my helmet, took 9 Hunter's Exalteds (on different bases with right ilvl obviously) to hit T1 % int. After this experience I'd rather pay for certanity of getting what I want. Ok, if crafting is waaaaaay cheaper, I'd consider it.

Some cheaper chest appeared in range of 80 ex, which is more reasonable.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/4mnqPjQs9

And iirc explodey mod is secondary damage and can't be reflected, right? I've tried run a map with Gloom Shrine (chaos explosions from sextans), it felt extremely good. Is that mod similar mechanically?

I've also seen that you're using Thread of Hope in socket north of Witch start. Really liked the idea, but I guess it requires ES on hit Watcher's Eye? Without Light Eater cluster, ES leech will be too low to sustain.

You augment physical 3 times on a crusader chest to guarantee the mod, or spam Essence of Horror, then remove physical and hope for keeping explode mod. It is extremely good, it can't be reflected, there's no need for spell cascade any more and some things get ridicolously easy.

You can allocate Light Eater with the same Thread of Hope. I used it until recently to get a little more Int from another node instead. I get 0.2% Cold damage Leech from Heart of Ice and I'm fine with that. :)
"
LiNGeN escribió:

You augment physical 3 times on a crusader chest to guarantee the mod, or spam Essence of Horror, then remove physical and hope for keeping explode mod. It is extremely good, it can't be reflected, there's no need for spell cascade any more and some things get ridicolously easy.

I know it, but how to craft entire chest? With int mods and decent ES.

"
LiNGeN escribió:

You can allocate Light Eater with the same Thread of Hope. I used it until recently to get a little more Int from another node instead. I get 0.2% Cold damage Leech from Heart of Ice and I'm fine with that. :)

It's definitely good idea, I will tweak my tree a bit.
Editado por útlima vez por Melnevacor en 25 ago. 2020 12:34:30
Stumpy just pop this into your PoB program, this guy is definately the end tier of gear he also swaps in some stuff for more dps.

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/lilianmarius/Ice_On_My_Crop?i=0&search=item%3DThe-Whispering-Ice

you can copy his pob code from the button in the middle on ninja
Thank you so much!
Lingen when would you switch trees? I have 2 splits and a few other things. A large spell cluster, no cold to the cores yet. Theres an available genius megalo for sale but no overlords on console. I've the emp wit but no mastery yet. So when would you switch trees so as not to ruin the build? Is it a straight better upgrade after you get the splits, or only after you get say, all 3 cold to the core clusters?

Have somewhat close copies of all your gear as well.
Hey all! Wanted to showcase my setup, as i think it has gotten quite cool!

I aimed after best possible setup. So exact mods i wanted, all T1, and perfectly divined.

The abyss jewels are 40 ES, 10 all res, 16 int and 12 life reg
Emperors mastery / wit / disc ES on hit & clarity mana as ES watchers eye.

I'm currently working on a %ES/Flat ES/Effect/Int/All res small cluster jewel as the only piece i need.

Have i missed anything? Anything that could be better?

I know there are crafted mods in there, but i couldn't find anything better! Only way to get more int, is that hybrid :P

I don't have the PoB in front of me, but with a few more levels (level 100) i'l be looking at around 4400 int and 32k ES
Editado por útlima vez por Froziph en 27 ago. 2020 10:58:28
"
IxAMxSTUMPY escribió:
Lingen when would you switch trees? I have 2 splits and a few other things. A large spell cluster, no cold to the cores yet. Theres an available genius megalo for sale but no overlords on console. I've the emp wit but no mastery yet. So when would you switch trees so as not to ruin the build? Is it a straight better upgrade after you get the splits, or only after you get say, all 3 cold to the core clusters?

Have somewhat close copies of all your gear as well.

Didn't realize the game is getting as "meta" on the console. Isn't it an issue with targeting your icestorms when there is no mouse?

I can't advice much on Megalos. But its kind of similar to Watcher's Eye, if you can get two good mods it may be worthwile using, and if you can get three it is really nice.

If you have an Int/ES split you should fit it in any of your farthest sockets, it usually is better than any other jewel in general. I'd switch to using a large cluster jewel if its good enough (8soc, CttC & VC/PH) and then progressively add another one to the tree when you level up or get one.

"
Froziph escribió:
Hey all! Wanted to showcase my setup, as i think it has gotten quite cool!

I aimed after best possible setup. So exact mods i wanted, all T1, and perfectly divined.

Spoiler

The abyss jewels are 40 ES, 10 all res, 16 int and 12 life reg
Emperors mastery / wit / disc ES on hit & clarity mana as ES watchers eye.

I'm currently working on a %ES/Flat ES/Effect/Int/All res small cluster jewel as the only piece i need.

Have i missed anything? Anything that could be better?

I know there are crafted mods in there, but i couldn't find anything better! Only way to get more int, is that hybrid :P

I don't have the PoB in front of me, but with a few more levels (level 100) i'l be looking at around 4400 int and 32k ES

Impressive gear.

I imported your character to my PoB to verify. Some feedback from things I noticed, (I understand you may just be in the middle of testing but here goes anyway):
* Your resists are only at 66%, need to cap this otherwise 29K ES will be like 20k ES with capped resists. Maybe thats the missing jewel you're crafting..
* Unless you're self casting your gem setup in your chest doesn't work, CwdT can't triggercast curses by itself. You need a Curse on Hit support gem for that.
* You don't have enough mana and only sit at 15. You can cast cyclone but nothing else and will get interruption/desync issues when it goes to 0.

But the above should be easily fixed.

If its only Int you're after you can get some additional points by spite essence slamming your gear (+58 Int max roll), and getting +16Int & +10 hybrid Int on your jewels instead. But you'd have to minmax resists even more. If you have the drive you can also attempt at getting int corruptions :-}.

You could also give up your two abyssal jewels socketed around scion wheel for 1-2 more Int conversion jewels instead for more total Int at the cost of losing the abyssal base ES.

I spent the last 6 points to the end of the tree allocating Thief's Craft & another Fertile Mind and ended up with 4431 Int & 30.238 ES. Remember that if you use a small cluster jewel it will replace one of your other jewels when counting the final numbers.
"
LiNGeN escribió:

* Unless you're self casting your gem setup in your chest doesn't work, CwdT can't triggercast curses by itself. You need a Curse on Hit support gem for that.

Very right! I haven't bothered fixing the chest gem setup yet.

All the gems are also only level one in the chest.
That being said, CwdT does trigger the curses... no? They are spells. The reason you normally use curse on hit is to have a low level CwdT trigger high level curses.

"
LiNGeN escribió:

* You don't have enough mana and only sit at 15. You can cast cyclone but nothing else and will get interruption/desync issues when it goes to 0.

But the above should be easily fixed.

I am indeed only sitting at 15. I do have enough mana for my frost blink, and i haven't experienced desync where my cyclone stopped a single time. That being said, i planned the ring around a 6L cyclone, where i should have planned it around a 2L cyclone. -3 mana cost of channeling skills on the ring instead of 20% dmg, would have made Cyclone free for no regen maps.

"
LiNGeN escribió:

If its only Int you're after you can get some additional points by spite essence slamming your gear (+58 Int max roll)

Rings, amulet, chest and belt are already 58 int from essence. Helmet rolls higher (60). The gloves and belt can only get the natural 55 int, as you can't get abyssal socket together with essence int, on a synthesized base.

"
LiNGeN escribió:

and getting +16Int & +10 hybrid Int on your jewels instead. But you'd have to minmax resists even more.

Suggestions for min maxing resist even more :P? I looked at it, and having all res on jewels is the way you lose the least int, from what i can tell.

"
LiNGeN escribió:

If you have the drive you can also attempt at getting int corruptions :-}.

On what pieces :P?
The only places it can happen are the belt (which already supplies int, ES and %all res i need) and the ammy. I must admit, this is taking it a little far. Neither of those 2 were cheap to make!
Rings you can also get the implicit on, but it already has that from being a synthesised base :P

But yeah, perfect corrupts on perfect items, and #1 synthesised bases would both be upgrades. Very very hard ones though :(

"
LiNGeN escribió:

You could also give up your two abyssal jewels socketed around scion wheel for 1-2 more Int conversion jewels instead for more total Int at the cost of losing the abyssal base ES.

Hmm, this could actually be interesting for one of the jewels. I need the other for the resist on top. But the one by the mana nodes would give me 51 int, 1.8% dmg, at the cost of 89 ES. This would also give me the 1% reduced mana reserved easily, so i could drop one of my rare corrupted ones for a perfect one without the implicit instead. I think i will do this :) Thanks!

"
LiNGeN escribió:

I spent the last 6 points to the end of the tree allocating Thief's Craft & another Fertile Mind and ended up with 4431 Int & 30.238 ES. Remember that if you use a small cluster jewel it will replace one of your other jewels when counting the final numbers.

In my tree i plan on spending the last 6 points on the int int jewel socket above EE, and the other 3 points on the cluster jewel i mentioned. Doing this i end up with 365k unflasked dps, 31800 ES, capped resist, and 4484 int.
"
Efotia escribió:

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of budget was required for that? 2000 ex?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional