[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
divinity escribió:
You need to go with max damage skill, cause you literally have almost no spell damage at the tree. I tried 3 times with picking any good dps nodes alongway and mines are one of the best sadly. I would like to test firestorm tho you need to kill merveil at witch mule, what drives me off. Late Friday night huh? League starts at 11 pm at Friday for me. My usual leaguestart is play till 3 am (4 hours) and at least reach BA and usually level to 65 and then go sleep. On some builds it is to reach maps (such as witch/assassins casters. And with this build you really can't do that, cause damage is really off and without good damage you can't use fast leveling skills - you will leave hp on white monsters when moving with skill like OOS. Still figuring out how to skip to lvl 40 the fastest not using delirium.

This league was exception, cause you can get all uniques you want (including tabula, goldrim, axiom) just by spamming delirium in fast area like A2 southern forest for an hour even in SSF.

Yeah mines or minions are probably best.
livejamie
"
livejamie escribió:

Are there int-based minion builds? I don't see anything obvious (but then I have zero familiarity with minions.)

I try mines every time, then give up and switch to freezing pulse (even with skitterbots.) I suppose I can only kill mobs with one button press, not five on one key and one on a second...
Editado por útlima vez por Graiaule en 12 jun. 2020 19:43:04
"
Graiaule escribió:
Are there int-based minion builds? I don't see anything obvious (but then I have zero familiarity with minions.)

I think there is no such thing. Int naturally only gives little bit of ES, I don't know anything that would make minions scale with int. Most of the normal builds go with "have enough stats to just wear gear you want to wear, anything over is wasted"
"
Graiaule escribió:
"
livejamie escribió:

I try mines every time, then give up and switch to freezing pulse (even with skitterbots.) I suppose I can only kill mobs with one button press, not five on one key and one on a second...

Minion builds don't require any gear or nodes from the skill tree to work.

I did some leveling tests today and found the most success with

- Chaos Bow Dot (Caustic Arrow/Toxic Rain)
- Minions (SRS/Skeletons/Zombies)
- Traps (Explosive/Lightning Trao)

I think Mines will be really good as well but I hate Stormblast Mine/Icicle Mine and we don't get access to Arc or Ball Lightning as a Scion until the library.

If you have a friend that can get you Arc and Ball Lightning they would probably be really good too.

I'm leaning toward this as a starter, waiting for patch notes and gem info before finalizing my decision.
livejamie
Editado por útlima vez por livejamie en 13 jun. 2020 4:28:47
Power creep question incoming: can this build do a T19 100% Delirious map?
Trying to compare power to some other builds claiming this, e.g. the Low Life DD+VD Spellsinger.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
I think that for leveling if you dont sure that you will hit the staff early - you just change 20-30 points from int stack to lightning caster (OoS+Arc archmage) and enjoy leveling.
"
Kelvynn escribió:
2020-04-28: Added an even more efficient 3.10 tree and more videos.
2020-04-04: Full 3.10 update. In the classic (league-independent) version: permanently replaced Arctic Armour with Aspect of the Spider, added The Stampede, Hunter and Crusader crafting, Inspiration, Frostblink, Awakened gems. Added Delirium 3.10 Split Personality version below the main post.

Turn Wraeclast into a skating rink and pirouette all over the endgame bosses!

Demo video: Ice Skating with Uber Elder

This is a version of my Whispering Ice build for the Cyclone era. The main idea is to be super tanky and faceroll everything in your way without having to dodge almost anything. No boss is too hard, most are too easy. All maps with most any mods are a joke. I've been using this build to do 40/40 challenges on my own merit in many leagues, this is my go-to build to get things done.

Delirium demo: Sirus at Awakening Level 8

Delirium league added several new jewels that take this build to a whole new level. Since we don't know what will happen to these jewels after this league is over, the Delirium version is described in a separate section 2 posts below this one.

Warning: Icestorm requires a decent GPU. Check if your system can handle it before trying this build: buy the cheapest staff, put Cyclone + CwC into 2 linked sockets and spin around. If you experience a massive fps drop - please email support@grindinggear.com and ask them to improve the performance of Icestorm.

Videos

Build Theory
Spoiler

This build is based on The Whispering Ice unique staff. Icestorm damage scales from Int, therefore Int is the main stat.

The build is immune to stun, shock, ignite, all forms of chaos damage, and partially immune to chill and freeze.

Key mechanics: Chaos Inoculation, Zealot's Oath, ES leech, cold damage, 2 curses, Elemental Overload, Arcane Surge, Flesh and Stone, Arctic Armour, Cyclopean Coil.

PoB data
Spoiler

Lv 93

For the 3.10 Delirium version of the build, look 2 posts below this one.

Skill tree
Spoiler

Lv 93 tree

Note that there is a disconnected node at the Templar start. Take it when you finish Uber Lab (Path of the Templar).

For the 3.10 Delirium version of the build, look 2 posts below this one.

Bandits
Spoiler

Kill them all

Ascendancy
Spoiler

Ascendant: Occultist, Inquisitor, Path of the Templar - in that order

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major:
Solaris (fully upgraded) provides the best overall defense.

Minor (doesn't make much of a difference):
Tukohama (upgraded) for tanking heavy hitters and stationary regen.

Gear
Spoiler

The Staff
Spoiler

The build is based on this item.

Keep in mind that rolling 6S manually with jeweller orbs requires ilvl 50 or higher. Crafting bench can force 6 sockets on any staff.

Only one link is required in the staff (Cyclone - CwC). Icestorm automatically uses all support gems in the staff without the need to link them.

Important: Always 20q your staff before attempting to 6S it. Quality improves your roll by a lot. You can do it much cheaper than via the crafting bench with average luck, as long as it's 20q.

Recommended uniques
Spoiler

Astramentis solves all stat requirement issues and provides a huge amount of damage via its high Intelligence (which is also boosted by the staff and belt). The implicit mod can be easily rolled to 16 with a few Blessed Orbs. A low explicit roll (below 90) can be turned into a high roll (over 90) with a Divine orb or two.

Shaped amulets and Talismans can do better but they can be very expensive and may require Str and Dex from other sources.

Cyclopean Coil provides a lot of Int while making you immune to shock and ignite (your stats will normally end up in this hierarchy: Int > Str > Dex). It also adds 1% Increased damage per 5 of your lowest stat. With Astramentis your lowest stat is usually about 150 Dex, that's 30% Increased damage right there.

The Stampede lets you cyclone at 150% movement speed and negate most of the slowing effects of Temporal Chains, chilled ground, etc. This comes at the price of Int, ES and resists of good rare boots. But this is a Blight league unique and it can be anointed, negating some of the Int loss or helping you with resists.

Helmet, chest, gloves, boots
Spoiler

Use rares. The most important stat is Int, followed by ES and resists. If you are not using The Stampede, you need boots with at least 25% movement speed.

Go for these upgrades when you can afford them:

Hunter helmets can have 9-10% inc Intelligence. You can craft it on a non-influenced ilvl 75-79 Hubris Circlet with a Hunter's Exalted Orb. When the helmet has all 3 prefixes taken and 1 suffix empty, this is the only possible outcome for ilvl 75-79.

Shaper and Crusader body armors can have a 12% increased Intelligence mod. Also, 6% increased Attributes can be crafted on any body armor. The ways to craft such an item:
a) alt-spam a Shaper or Crusader Vaal Regalia to get the %int suffix and high ES prefix, then regal and hope for another decent ES prefix (scour and start over if you fail), then multi-craft the rest;
b) chaos spam a Shaper or Crusader base;
c) find a non-influenced base with good ES and 2 open suffixes (possibly annul), then use Crusader's Exalted Orb and hope for the %int suffix (it's not the only possible outcome).

Beast-craft Aspect of the Spider on rare gloves, boots or ring with an open suffix. Gloves are the best option. You need to acquire Fenumus (the beast) for this.

Rings
Spoiler

Rare rings with 50+ Int and as much ES and resistance as you can find. Ideally they can be corrupted with %Increased Int (see Corruption).

Jewels
Spoiler

You will need 3x Brute Force Solution, 2x Fertile Mind, and 2 more of either kind, to convert Str and Dex nodes to Int, with their own Int on top of that. 2 additional Brute Force Solution or Fertile Mind can be added at the high levels.

The same node can be converted by multiple overlapping jewels. In this build, two small Str nodes and two small Dex nodes near the Scion starting area are double-converted for 20 Int each.

Rare jewels with good mods can be used in the other 4 sockets that don't have Str/Dex nodes nearby. Resist/damage jewels can also be used if you are struggling to max the resists.

The following mods are good on rare jewels:
+12-16 to Intelligence
+8-10 to Strength and Intelligence
14-16% Increased Spell damage while wielding a staff
14-16% Increased Cold damage
10-12% Increased Spell damage
10-12% Increased Area damage

Str/Dex balance: You want to keep Str above Dex, so that Cyclopean Coil makes you immune to ignite.

Pure Talent gives you 25 Int for playing a Scion and 5% resist penetration for taking one of the Templar starting nodes (via Path of the Templar).

Watcher's Eye has 2-3 random mods that add extra effects to various auras. The mods useful to this build are:

+(20-30) Energy Shield gained for each Enemy Hit while affected by Discipline - a powerful supplement to the capped ES leech, especially for clearing maps with nasty mods. It works wonders against packs of dangerous enemies that could do more damage than 30% of your ES per second (the leech cap).

Gain (12-18)% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield while affected by Clarity - a lot of extra ES. You can run lv 1 Clarity for 34 mana.

(20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline - extra leech (it increases the leech cap!) is very useful against bosses.

If you can find a jewel with more than one of these mods, it's awesome. However, such a jewel can cost more than the rest of the gear combined, and it's not really necessary for anything.

Note: Watcher's Eye is optional! It's not required for the build to function, just VERY nice to have.

Enchantment
Spoiler

This build does not need any enchantments, they are all optional. If you get something useful - great, but you'll do just fine without any of this. Boot enchantments are the easiest to get (2% regen, or some added damage), helmet is a big lottery (increased effect of Enfeeble, Frostbite, or Flesh and Stone), and none of the glove enchantments matter.

Do not use crappy items with useful enchantments, they are not worth the sacrifice.

Corruption
Spoiler

Rings, amulets and belts can get %Increased Int (and Str or Dex).

Jewels can get extra damage, reduced mana reservation, or immunity to Maim, Silence, Hinder or Corrupting Blood.

Do not corrupt the staff! 18% block is an excellent defensive mod, and there are no good Vaal mods for staves that would help this build.

Anointment
Spoiler

Things to get with the oils:

Diamond Skin (Clear, Sepia, Teal): excellent for leveling. +12% all resists and +3% movement speed.

Wisdom of the Glade (Clear, Clear, Amber): once your resists are good, here's a cheap +30 Int.

Mystic Talents (Amber, Opalescent, Silver): next step up, some ES and damage on top of 30 Int.

Tranquility (Azure, Golden, Golden): the ultimate upgrade, a MASSIVE damage buff plus a little more ES. Transfiguration of Soul adds 30% of your total Increased ES modifier as an extra Increased Damage modifier. For example, I currently have 74% Increased ES from the tree and 2371 Int. 10 Int = 2% Increased ES. Therefore, in total I have 74 + (2371 / 10 * 2) = 548% Increased ES modifier, and Tranquility gives me 548 * 0.3 = 164% Increased damage.

Gems
Spoiler

Arcane Surge Support lv 1-6 (match the mana cost of Vortex)
Ball Lightning lv 4
Bonechill Support lv 20, ideally lv 21
Cast When Damage Taken Support lv 1
Cast When Damage Taken Support lv 20
Cast While Channelling Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Concentrated Effect Support 20/20, ideally 21/20
Controlled Destruction Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Curse on Hit Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Cyclone any level
Discipline lv 20, ideally lv 21
Elemental Focus Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Enfeeble 20/20, ideally 21/20
Flesh and Stone lv 19
Frost Bomb lv 20
Frostbite 20/20, ideally 21/20
Frostblink lv 20, ideally lv 21
Immortal Call 20/20
Increased Duration Support 20/20, ideally 20/23
Inspiration Support lv 16+
Vortex 20/20, ideally 20/23

Optional:
Flame Dash lv 20
Spell Cascade Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Cold Penetration Support 20/20, ideally Awakened
Arctic Armour lv 20, ideally lv 21
Purity of Elements lv 19, ideally lv 21
Summon Skitterbots 20/20, ideally 21/20
Vaal Righteous Fire lv 20
Culling Strike any level
Frost Wall lv 10

Recommended priority of adding quality:
- primary DPS gems: CwC, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction
- Curse on Hit
- Enfeeble
- Inc Duration
- Vortex

Uber Lab farming is a good way to add quality to your gems. You can often find treasure chests filled with random quality gems to vendor for the GCP recipe.

If you are not into Uber Lab farming, then:
- for non-DPS gems, level the gem to 20 or buy an uncorrupted 20/0 gem, vendor the gem + Gemcutter Prism to get a 1/20 gem, and then level that one. You can get them to lv 17-18 in no time, and that is enough for them to be efficient;
- for the DPS gems, level 2 copies at the same time (or buy 20/0) and then vendor one copy with GCP and re-level it in the swap weapon.

Lv 21/0 gems are often very cheap. For this build they are better than 20/20.

(Syndicate) 3-star Tora in Research will add 200M xp to any gem, i.e. instantly turn a lv 19 gem into lv 20.

Sockets and Links
Spoiler

Weapon
Spoiler

Cyclone - CwC - Inspiration, Concentrated Effect, Elemental Focus (5S), Controlled Destruction (6S).

Cyclone must be linked to CwC and Inspiration. You don't need to link anything else. Icestorm automatically uses all support gems in the staff.

For wide open maps you can swap CD for Spell Cascade to cover more area. If your video card is powerful enough.

If you don't like swapping gems, you can carry a second staff with Spell Cascase and switch between them by pressing X.

Cold Penetration can be used instead if Inspiration. They produce similar damage, but rolling 2G4B is much harder than RG4B. Awakened Cold Penetration is a high end option.

Chest
Spoiler

5L: CWDT (lv 1) - Ball Lightning (lv 4) - Curse of Hit (20/20) - Enfeeble (lv 20) - Frostbite (lv 20)

Important: CWDT needs to be lv 1 and BL must be lv 4 or lower, do not level these gems! CoH can be any level, 20/20 is highly recommended. The curses must be lv 6 or higher, level them up. This setup will not work with low level curse gems or high level CWDT/BL. You want this link to trigger as often as possible, so CWDT must stay at lv 1. BL higher than lv 4 will be too high level for it to trigger. Curses lower than lv 6 will get triggered by CWDT directly instead of getting procced by BL, and will thus only target a small area and lose the increased effect from CoH.

If you don't have a 5L chest yet, drop Frostbite.

If you get a 6L, add Culling Strike or Frost Wall lv 10 (you can Cyclone through your frost walls).

With high budget, use Awakened Curse on Hit lv 5 and add Elemental Weakness.

Gloves, boots, helmet
Spoiler

4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Frost Bomb - Increased Duration
Use high level gems here.

3L: Vortex - Bonechill - Arcane Surge.
Keep Arcane Surge at low levels to trigger on the mana cost of Vortex. For lv 20 Vortex, AS should be lv 6.
Optionally, add Frostblink or Flame Dash to this link too.

Place in any free sockets: aura gems and any extras (such as Vaal Righteous Fire). Make sure not to link the aura gems to any supports that can increase their mana cost.

A white socket for easy swapping between aura gems or different colors can be obtained from Betrayal (put Vorici in Research).

How to off-color sockets?
Spoiler

The easiest way to get 3 or all 4 R/G sockets in Int items is to use Jewellers instead of Chromatics. Using the crafting bench, keep adding a new socket and removing it until you get the color you want. Adding a socket doesn't change the colors of the existing sockets.

Auras
Spoiler

1. Discipline.
2. Flesh and Stone (Sand stance).
3. Depending on what you are doing:
- Purity of Elements to help with resist
- Summon Skitterbots for more damage
- Arctic Armour for tanking hard hitters

High level option: Aspect of the Spider is a great addition. It can be found on rings or beast-crafted on any item with an open suffix.

You can have 4 auras if you use Sovereignty and/or Enlighten (depending on which auras you want to have).

My favorite setup is: Discipline, Flesh and Stone, Aspect of the Spider.

Play style
Spoiler

Cyclone through the map and faceroll everything. Use Vortex to trigger Arcane Surge and Bonechill damage bonuses. Use Vaal Righteous Fire to burn bosses and tough rares.

The choice of Frostblink vs Flame Dash is up to your taste. I personally like Frostblink better because it can be used without interrupting Cyclone.

Dealing with map mods
Spoiler

This build can run any maps with almost any possible mod combinations. Most of them can be ignored, except a few that require special attention:

No Regen

Bring a mana flask that doesn't end on full mana.

No Leech

If you don't have a Watcher's Eye jewel with +ES gain on hit, then just don't run straight into monster packs, kill them from range. Watcher's Eye trivializes the clearing, then you just need to be careful while tanking endgame bosses.

Elemental Weakness

In red tier maps your resists are lowered by 34%. This is completely mitigated by The Wise Oak flask which is great for this build anyway. Or any Bismuth flask if you can't afford The Wise Oak early in a new league.

-12% to Maximum Resistances

Just be more careful. You'll be taking a little more elemental damage, but very few things hit hard enough to hurt this build.

Elemental Reflect

Wear Sibyl's Lament in the left ring slot. It reduces reflected elemental damage by 80%. And the Ash, Frost and Storm tree node reduces it by 20%, i.e. you are immune to elemental reflect with this ring.

Leveling
Spoiler

Detailed leveling guide is in the next post.

Get to lv 38 any way you can (for example: Frost Bomb - Spell Cascade, plus Icicle Mines - Minefield, and Skitterbots). Or just the good old Freezing Pulse.

As soon as you are able to use CwC (lv 38), equip the staff and start cycloning. Keep resists maxed. Switch to CI after taking the ES leech clusters whenever you feel comfortable - around lv 56-58, definitely should be CI by lv 70.

Just wanna kwon how good is in high tier of bligh maps. I wanna play this build in harvest
"
SrRagnarTV escribió:

Just wanna kwon how good is in high tier of bligh maps. I wanna play this build in harvest

imho...don't. I love blighted maps, and i love this build, but they are not made for one another. It is possible, but fails are way too often.
"
Jadran escribió:
Power creep question incoming: can this build do a T19 100% Delirious map?
Trying to compare power to some other builds claiming this, e.g. the Low Life DD+VD Spellsinger.

It's better than LL VD because you don't have to dodge anything you can face tank nearly everything.
livejamie
"
portalmyst escribió:
"
SrRagnarTV escribió:

imho...don't. I love blighted maps, and i love this build, but they are not made for one another. It is possible, but fails are way too often.

Imho biggest problem with blight is the fact you need to actually move to the other lane (and then stay there) in order to put dmg there.
With high clear aoe (=spell cascade) its easier, but atm also single digit fps and no fun.

If all blight stuff comes from 1 direction its a face-roll though. Doubt that happens often in blight maps though!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional