[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn escribió:

Can you record a 120+ splinter run? I was able to get to 70-90 reliably after a couple of days of experimenting, but I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. I didn't want to spend time on Alva or Cassia though. They increase the number of splinters, but take too much time. What kind of 'juice' do you use?

Check the mods of this map for example:

- No Beyond (it gets my FPS to under 10 in most of the cases) but Beyond is OP for numbers of splinters increase
- No Alva, though Alva missions add a lot of splinters to the final result - that's how you can get 160+ from Tropical Island for example
- No Blight Encounters - those adds also a lot of splinters to final result

Now the important contributors to this number are:
- Breach scarab - Gilded one is OP
- Harbinger scarab
- Legion scarab
- Shaper or Elder and friends scarab - Elder seems to be better regarding pack size and number of splinters dropped
- at least 3x Additional mobs Awakened sextants, 4x if possible - i only use Awakened sextants on my map i have a lot of them, and if i get out of them i convert the lower ones.
- Conqueror influence- that adds a lot of mobs to the maps also

- Bloodline Zana mod - a bit worse than Beyond but still adds quite some mobs

And now the most important thing and this is a bit based on luck, if breaches, legions, harbingers are spawned closer to the end of the map you get way more splinters than if they were spawned at the start or in the first part of the map.

That's why is important to use Gilded Breach/Legion/Harbinger scarabs to have higher chances of one or more of these encounters to get spawned near the end of the map where mobs drop way more splinters than at the beginning of the map

Thats all...
'
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 24 abr. 2020 13:04:18
"
lilianmarius escribió:
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Can you record a 120+ splinter run? I was able to get to 70-90 reliably after a couple of days of experimenting, but I'm sure I still have a lot to learn. I didn't want to spend time on Alva or Cassia though. They increase the number of splinters, but take too much time. What kind of 'juice' do you use?

Check the mods of this map for example:

- No Beyond (it gets my FPS to under 10 in most of the cases) but Beyond is OP for numbers of splinters increase
- No Alva, though Alva missions add a lot of splinters to the final result - that's how you can get 160+ from Tropical Island for example
- No Blight Encounters - those adds also a lot of splinters to final result

Now the important contributors to this number are:
- Breach scarab - Gilded one is OP
- Harbinger scarab
- Legion scarab
- Shaper or Elder and friends scarab - Elder seems to be better regarding pack size and number of splinters dropped
- at least 3x Additional mobs Awakened sextants, 4x if possible - i only use Awakened sextants on my map i have a lot of them, and if i get out of them i convert the lower ones.

- Bloodline Zana mod - a bit worse than Beyond but still adds quite some mobs

And now the most important thing and this is a bit based on luck, if breaches, legions, harbingers are spawned closer to the end of the map you get way more splinters than if they were spawned at the start or in the first part of the map.

That's why is important to use Gilded Breach/Legion/Harbinger scarabs to have higher chances of one or more of these encounters to get spawned near the end of the map where mobs drop way more splinters than at the beginning of the map

Thats all...
'

Thanks! That means I got it right in my tries. The only difference is using the expensive scarabs to add more breaches, etc further into the map. And the most important factor is the distance from the start of the map.

One thing I'm sure of: Bloodlines is better than any other Zana mob, including Beyond. Splinters drop mostly from non-normal mobs. Bloodlines adds more magic mobs than Beyond does magic+rares. And that's all you need. It's also the reason why Elder is better than Shaper. With Bloodlines you get more non-magic mobs from it.

Does Harbinger pause the fog? It didn't seem to when I tried it.
Hit level 100 for the first time after running simulacrums for 5 days straight and knocked out my 40/40!

I had never even fought uber elder before but it was laughably easy with this build
"
Kelvynn escribió:

Does Harbinger pause the fog? It didn't seem to when I tried it.

This is what GGG said about fog pauses.
"At the moment the current plan is that with Abyss, Breach, Betrayal Raids, Blight, Incursion and Legion encounters, the Delirium mist will pause until the encounter is complete or abandoned. In these cases, all players in your party must be within a certain radius of or within the encounter. Delirium mist will also pause if the entire party leaves the instance (allowing players to stash or trade).

For other past content the plan is to pause the Delirium mist for a set amount of time upon defeating a Harbinger, Metamorph, Bestiary Red Beast, Essence Monster (the main rare one), opening a Perandus Chest or opening a Strongbox"

So based on that Harbinger SHOULD pause the fog for a small period upon kill. Although it may not be as long as it takes to kill one. Red Beasts, or Strongboxes are likely better, since they can be done super quickly.
"
Mindhandler escribió:
Hit level 100 for the first time after running simulacrums for 5 days straight and knocked out my 40/40!

I had never even fought uber elder before but it was laughably easy with this build

Congrats!
"
Breken escribió:
"
Mindhandler escribió:

Congrats!

Thanks! All of the informative people in this thread regarding trees/gearing options helped a lot!
"
Breken escribió:
So based on that Harbinger SHOULD pause the fog for a small period upon kill. Although it may not be as long as it takes to kill one.

Yeah, that's what I saw in my experiments. However, it means that the sextant that puts Harbingers at the map boss should work well - they spawn a bunch of non-normal mobs at the max distance from the start of the map.

I also suspect that it may be worth it to spend 2 sec to alch white boxes if you find them deep in the map: magic or rare packs from them should drop a good number of splinters. Ambush scarabs or sextants that add boxes.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 24 abr. 2020 14:05:13
I was very bad at farming splinters (if I got 15 it was a good result) and after reading last few posts I made new personal record after few Tropical Islands, 89 splinters. Quite big jump :p

And the biggest problem for me is just fps issues. When I play spell cascade on normal map everything is ok, not alot of fps but gameplay still smooth. When delirium is enabled more fps spikes and longer windows with low fps. And when Im adding stuff like breaches, boxes, bloodline etc Im just getting slideshows.

Lowering graphical settings seems dont help so its seems I reached maximum what I can get from single Island. With more fps this would be so much easier.
FPS tips: Play without sound effect...

Follow this thread to turn off JUST the sounds effects, while leaving other sounds. You will miss out on some sounds cues, like volitiles if you do this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ei3d1u/performance_tip_you_can_actually_reap_the_nosound/

People have also reported better FPS when using the stand alone client, vs the steam client, and running in full screen vs window mode.

At some point the FPS issues will be out of your control however, I suspect it has a lot to do with your PC, coupled with the data center you are lucky enough to be connected to. You COULD try connecting to another datacenter if it's an option. I connect to California with a low ping, and a decent computer, and only have minor FPS issues compared to some.

Bottom line is that the skill effect badly needs to be reworked, but you may be able to squeeze out enough frames to function.
I just clear full content with this build (Uber Elder, Uber Atziri, Hall Of Grandmasters, Sirus 8... )

Insane build.
Editado por útlima vez por Archevek en 24 abr. 2020 18:23:27

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional