[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

Can someone tell me if FPS is better with this build after they updated the chilling ground effect?
No significant improvements, since the league mechanics adds quite a bit of lag
Is this Build still viable in 3.10?
"
Zuzanne escribió:
Can someone tell me if FPS is better with this build after they updated the chilling ground effect?

I will for sure make some tests when I get awakened spell cascade. But as someone else replied the new league mechanic makes it pretty hard to compare.

One thing for sure is that delirium adds a lot of calculations and graphic effects all over the place. So I think its more demanding now if you setup with aSC+delirium+ some crazy beyond/blight/legion encounter on top of it.

I've had some game crashes in the Delirium fog but I can't tell if its due to Delirium or if its this issue with random crashes I have been having since Metamorph.

On another note: PoB is now updated with cluster jewel support. Let's find out if there is some interesting combinations to make.
On the dangers of the fog...

Some of the mechanics used by the fog monsters are definitely OP. Namely, 3 things:

1. 'Frozen Beam' - a straight beam across the whole screen that leaves an icy trail and freezes you for a very long time. Must have an anti-freeze flask. I got frozen to death by this thing a few times until I finally started carrying a flask for it.

2. 'Spike Beam' - a straight beam of spikes spanning at least 2 screens, doing multiple phys damage hits. CWDT-IC is a must. It was destroying me until I started using CWDT-IC. After that it only hurts once per beam, since the subsequent hits from the same beam are blocked by IC.

3. 'Fat Dude Bombs' - you facetank a 'fat' monster from the fog, and you suddenly get 1-shot without any warning. This is just a graphic/visibility issue. The fat monster drops 3 small bombs in front of them that explode after a few sec. They are just very hard to see, impossible if you are facetanking it and standing right on top of them. Don't facetank the fat dudes, keep moving behind them. You can often see the bombs at your old spot when you move to the other side of the mob.

Also, what I found extremely useful, are the new cluster jewel nodes increasing the Total Maximum Recovery from ES Leech. There are 2 of them: Thaumophage can be found on Large cluster jewels with Inc Spell Damage nodes, and Conservation of Energy can be found on Small cluster jewels with Inc ES nodes. They both have 20% Inc Max Recovery from ES Leech, same as Light Eater.

I don't remember the exact values we can reach, but increasing the leech cap is pretty damn useful. That's why I've been normally going for it as the 2nd mod on my Watcher's Eye. With these 2 new nodes we are getting closer to the old pre-nerf leech where you could instantly outleech any damage that doesn't 1-shot you.
Editado por útlima vez por Kelvynn en 16 mar. 2020 17:32:59
wow on 18 wave Kosis super fat guy...with 1966 int its so slow dmging him :/
well didn't killed it )

well about new nodes...no points to them-(
hm only mb +1% cold dmg for 25 main stats sound very cool

wow first uniqe new jewel
with natural patience...hm...
Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 17 mar. 2020 2:57:15
Adding CWDT - IC really helped my survivability in Deliriums, can't wait till they add hotkey for canceling it.

Was lucky to grab a 30 int, 10% inc int and slightly above 400 ES body Armour for 10C.

This build feels really nice for this league, having the possibility to kite mobs while still spinning around is cool.
"
ZiiimZooon escribió:
Adding CWDT - IC really helped my survivability in Deliriums, can't wait till they add hotkey for canceling it.

Was lucky to grab a 30 int, 10% inc int and slightly above 400 ES body Armour for 10C.

This build feels really nice for this league, having the possibility to kite mobs while still spinning around is cool.

They focked up so bad with the performance this league!

Delirum content + Conquerors mobs or ground effects almost unplayable for me with i7-7700HQ + Nvidia 1050Ti + Intel SSD + 16GB DRR4 with lowest possible settings at 1920x1080 resolution

My FPS get 90% of the time in this scenario at around 7-10 FPS (without Spell Cascade) and i die like a shit even if i have almost 9K ES and 2000 Intelligence

Never ever seen such a bad optimized game in my entire gaming activity!

If GGG wants me to sell a kidney to buy a RTX2080Ti and an i9 processor to be able to decently play this game they should state this in their development manifesto!
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 17 mar. 2020 8:34:06
Just tested my standard character with Awakened Spell Cascade in hideout. No improvement as far as FPS goes. So the improvements to chilled ground et.c. are probably not changing anything QoL wise for us. Just visuals I assume.
is it possible to get map for jewels? I mean i bought those jewels mentioned and still not sure where to put them. Or should i replace those points for new clusters??

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional