[3.20] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
lilianmarius escribió:

You are missing more than 1 thing:

- your staff is 14% get a 18% one
- Inspiration in the staff i think it's useless since it doesn't affect IceStorm, if you can't afford to recolor that red socket to a blue/green one switch Inspiration with Fortify.
- your rings have low value intelligence, get rings with T1 intelligence/ES/reistances.
- you lack movement speed on boots
- your chest and helm also have low ES and Intelligence values
- amulet is just bad, a decent rolled Astramentis with 20% quality is way better than that shiet.
- eventually if you get an Astramentis add an anointment also on it; if you cannot afford Tranquility (2x golden oil) anoint at least Mystic Talents
- the Watcher's Eye in your tree is useless, any rare jewel with +int/spell damage/cold damage is better
- Coil can be changed to a 15% one and 20% quality to 18%

In one word your gear is a mess, i am surprised that you don't have issues in T16 maps

Inspiration does seem to affect Icestorm, in that once I start spinning my damage jumps from 9000 to 12000 tooltip.

The Watchers eye I grabbed because I wanted an easier way to deal with reflect maps vs swapping to a Sybils, and I bought the boots not realizing that the %inc ES was a combo of two mods. (My own fault for not paying attention, but I really needed the ES boost.) With Blood Rage + Rotgut though, I move quick enough to not really notice the change except when looting a cleared map.

I was trying to avoid Astramentis, but if that's really going to be the only way I take this build further, I'll grab one as soon as I'm able to log on next, and then start trying to get my gear in shape from there in regards to resists. (Since the other attributes will be covered.)

What's a good target ES for the Helm/Chest?
For people who have trouble with the storms in Sirus fight here is a video recorded by me yesterday against him at Awaken Atlas 8 where you can see clearly that i haven't kite ant storm anywhere.
You don't need to do that as i said in a previous post just pay attention at Sirus shadow and re-engage him when he is at the edge of the storm!

I_Storm_Santa vs. Sirus AA8 - quick fight, no storm management

And from Sirus fight 5 min ago, here comes another 25 exalts:

Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 9 ene. 2020 13:55:35
"
lilianmarius escribió:
For people who have trouble with the storms in Sirus fight here is a video recorded by me yesterday against him at Awaken Atlas 8 where you can see clearly that i haven't kite ant storm anywhere.
You don't need to do that as i said in a previous post just pay attention at Sirus shadow and re-engage him when he is at the edge of the storm!

To be fair, the storm management part is mostly for in case you die. For those of us who aren't playing with 200ex gear, storm management is still needed in case you do die. When you die, he spawns extra storms, and the ones in your video are likely to be pushed in the direction of the entrance.

Currently, if you don't manage the storms right, those storms will potentially block your way back into the fight.

Your method (mostly) only works if you are 100% sure you will not die at all. I have pretty decent gear and was able to defeat Sirus, but I'm still sitting at 9500+ ES, no Watchers Eye, and missing a lot min max corruption upgrades a few slots still have huge improvements. (I think I spent about 10ex this league on my current gear, some of which is probably worth more now).

Sirus becomes more of an Endurance for players with gear closer to mine and it's possible to be one-shot by his beams if you somehow mess it up. And as far as I can tell, they are making the clone beam more powerful in the next patch, so that ups the chances considerably since that one is a bit harder to dodge.

You aren't wrong, either, but we definitely don't melt stage 3 in one cycle.

Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 9 ene. 2020 15:03:06
I know that crafting in this game is a (more or less controlled) gamble, but i feel chances are ridiculously low to end up with something usefull, let alone the items i see in alot profiles here.

I got a Shaper ilvl 84 base Regalia, that one i worked on with alts to get flat ES and %inc int. In about 7,5k alts i got both T1 exactly 3 times, regaled shit on it, and annuled the inc int off.
Another 8 times i got T1 %inc int and T2 flat ES, regaled 8 times useless shit on it (life 7 times) and annuled the %inc int of 6 times. The other two times the ES was gone. Never the useless shitstat.

The other item is a crusader regalia, threw 300 dense on it. 1 time i ended up with %inc int, sadly only 300 ES.

Would be alot better geared if i had just converted to EX and bought actually usefull gear, whereever people get it from.

And after a very joyfull run of alot T13+ in Tirn'S End to spawn that silly conquerer, with no succes, i bought each map twice in there, ran them and saw no conquerer again. Repeated that and with my last Map in there got him to spawn.
Had another go at Sirius, had my first client crash this league, logged back in to see a Storm at the steps...

Sometimes one just wants to throw something in the Screen and uninstall the game. In about that order...
Editado por útlima vez por Necrol en 9 ene. 2020 15:23:34
"
Necrol escribió:

Would be alot better geared if i had just converted to EX and bought actually usefull gear, whereever people get it from.

"Whereever people get it from" is what I've been thinking the last couple of days. :)

I'm working on crafting a couple of decent rings because they're relatively cheap to buy decent rares and throw vaal's at them (less than 5c per try) but other than that I'm just saving my currency to buy items for now. Crafting seems like too big of a gamble. Maybe when I have more knowledge. ATM though, I have only 8ex and it seems like that would be better spent waiting for a great item to pop up on the trade site.

"
Necrol escribió:

Sometimes one just wants to throw something in the Screen and uninstall the game. In about that order...

You have to uninstall first silly! If you throw something in the screen chances are you'll brick it and PoE will stay installed until you can afford a new monitor!
Lilian your luck really crazy

hm bought helmet...now again try to get t2-t1 int -_-
ed: 3rd fail *****
Editado por útlima vez por archwerewolf en 9 ene. 2020 15:40:24
"
Necrol escribió:

I feel you. Most builds I go by the 70% rule. If the build doesn't feel good with gear that is 70% as strong as that of which is in the guide, then I usually feel it's a failed build for my play style - which is not one that plays the market or crafts high end items. (for the record, this build fufills it's promise and can accomplish all content at 70%, but it's not as smooth as advertised survival wise until you push 10k+WS)

For me, my first 2 encounters with Sirus I got the "Does not resume the fight" bug where he just floats forever even if you run underneath him. My 3rd fight, I lost fairly, but was my practice for the 3rd phase where you have to actually dodge things. I was able to defeat him on my 4th try.

But I wanted to quit the league the first two times for sure. Bugs and the respawn mechanism is really an annoying combo.

I would say the gear I have now is about 70%-80% of what the guide asks for. I was lucky and got an Astramentis when it was will 30c and got good divine luck. But all other gear I have has been just searching every other level or running active searches on upgrade slots I have and keeping to a budget. I'd say total I spent 10 to maybe 12ex this league.

Like you, I haven't gotten lucky crafting my own gear and unless you have 10ex to start with, it's really hard to get into the late game crafting game unless you target something underserved. Crafters though have the discipline to really make money and know the market well.

Unfortunately ES builds are always in demand, so, it's a bit harder to find cheaper gear, but it's possible if you are ok with lower tier rolls or skipping some power in the gear in hopes to incrementally upgrade later.
Editado por útlima vez por wakasm en 9 ene. 2020 15:42:09
"
archwerewolf escribió:
Lilian your luck really crazy

hm bought helmet...now again try to get t2-t1 int -_-
ed: 3rd fail *****

Is not like that, yday i run 4 Sirius level 8 and all i got were 4 fkin helms and 4 useless watchstones.
Today 1st dropped that gem, 2nd dropped gloves and again a useless watchstone, farming for 3rd now

If you have 13 exalts and look for an OP amulet get this while it's still on trade, you'll thank me later:

Has open suffix to craft Aspect of the spider also

Rarity: Rare
Apocalypse Beads
Lapis Amulet
--------
Quality (Attribute Modifiers): +20% (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 64
--------
Item Level: 85
--------
+36 to Intelligence (implicit)
--------
+42 to Intelligence
14% increased Intelligence
17% increased Armour
+44 to maximum Energy Shield
1% increased Damage per 15 Intelligence
--------
Shaper Item
Crusader Item
--------
Note: ~price 13 exa
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 9 ene. 2020 16:11:14
ha ha ha, they buffed Sirus level 8 lol, still he can't do shit against me, but you have to know that the laser beam is way more dangerous now, hits for 12-13k now, previous was hitting for 9-10k
Editado por útlima vez por lilianmarius en 9 ene. 2020 17:55:53
"
lilianmarius escribió:
ha ha ha, they buffed Sirus level 8 lol, still he can't do shit against me, but you have to know that the laser beam is way more dangerous now, hits for 12-13k now, previous was hitting for 9-10k

total or in 1 hit?
its beam than he "die!" ?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional