[3.13] LIGHTNING ARROW/BARRAGE Deadeye Build / Zap your way forward! UBER ELDER DONE!

"
LunatrixSC escribió:
If anyone has time to look at my character id really appreciate it. i feel ive got to a point where idk what else to do for single target damage. i also feel like without the extremely expensive amulet this build will go no longer farther for me, i am a noob though so i would love to be proven wrong.

i have the lioneyes fall for claw nodes, switched out wise oak for diamond flask, got the dying sun flask, please ignore some of my gems in ym helmet and boots, as just tonight i did the recipe for a 20 quality level 1 gem.

i actually really like this character and would love to keep playing it but i might need to make something else which i would rather not do. if i have to grind for something then thats fine i just dont know what i should be going for rn.

in terms of gear not counting the Aul Uprising, is there anything i can make better that i am missing? I just die during single target damage while dancing all over constantly. moving so much i cant do damage. thanks all.

- You are using Tombfists, yet your only Murderous Eye jewel is socketed elsewhere. The only actual reason to ever even consider Tombfists is the intimidate you can get from it.

- I strongly believe neither Tombfists nor Bubonic Trail belong in this build. At least not until you have some bonkers mirror tier rings (80+ life, 150+ total res, 40%+ ele damage, Warlord/Assassin Mark on Hit, spider/cat aspect, etc), which in leagues probably does not happen. They both use %life increases, which are practically useless if you have no actual base life to be affected. It's much better to use those 2 slots on defensive items and get offensive jewellery (Mark of the Elder + Shaper opal/diamond ring).

- Yours is a perfect example. You have a measly total +196 life coming from your gear, which combined with base life coming from your level and STR bonus comes out to 1445. Don't get me wrong, but that's an atrociously low amount, which needs to be pushed to at least 1600.

Your life gear +numbers (196) vs. mine (496):

Long gone are the days of instaleech Vaal Pact where you could get by with less than 5k HP.

- Don't go for jewel slots on your tree unless you have actually good jewels to put them into. Unless the jewels you're socketing have 30+ life & 55+ ele (pref. lightning) damage they're not worth the nodes. You're much better off taking Thick Skin for example than the last jewel nodes in the Scion area. Same goes for the ones next to Golem's Blood and Heatseeker. Jewel nodes are only good with good jewels, otherwise they're a waste.

- Eternal flasks are bad in general. You need a Bubbling/Seething Divine Life flask of Staunching. It's a focal point of the build. You don't need 3k life over 3 seconds, you need 1500 life in 1 second once you triple mash that flask button in a pinch.
Want info on builds or you need something?
Contact me on Discord - discord.gg/s9kzKCT
Gear update, practically unstoppable at this point famring t16s for fun, Killed awakener 6 sirus will look to push more when i can

"
vetroxbl escribió:
"
LunatrixSC escribió:
If anyone has time to look at my character id really appreciate it. i feel ive got to a point where idk what else to do for single target damage. i also feel like without the extremely expensive amulet this build will go no longer farther for me, i am a noob though so i would love to be proven wrong.

i have the lioneyes fall for claw nodes, switched out wise oak for diamond flask, got the dying sun flask, please ignore some of my gems in ym helmet and boots, as just tonight i did the recipe for a 20 quality level 1 gem.

i actually really like this character and would love to keep playing it but i might need to make something else which i would rather not do. if i have to grind for something then thats fine i just dont know what i should be going for rn.

in terms of gear not counting the Aul Uprising, is there anything i can make better that i am missing? I just die during single target damage while dancing all over constantly. moving so much i cant do damage. thanks all.

- You are using Tombfists, yet your only Murderous Eye jewel is socketed elsewhere. The only actual reason to ever even consider Tombfists is the intimidate you can get from it.

- I strongly believe neither Tombfists nor Bubonic Trail belong in this build. At least not until you have some bonkers mirror tier rings (80+ life, 150+ total res, 40%+ ele damage, Warlord/Assassin Mark on Hit, spider/cat aspect, etc), which in leagues probably does not happen. They both use %life increases, which are practically useless if you have no actual base life to be affected. It's much better to use those 2 slots on defensive items and get offensive jewellery (Mark of the Elder + Shaper opal/diamond ring).

- Yours is a perfect example. You have a measly total +196 life coming from your gear, which combined with base life coming from your level and STR bonus comes out to 1445. Don't get me wrong, but that's an atrociously low amount, which needs to be pushed to at least 1600.

Long gone are the days of instaleech Vaal Pact where you could get by with less than 5k HP.

- Don't go for jewel slots on your tree unless you have actually good jewels to put them into. Unless the jewels you're socketing have 30+ life & 55+ ele (pref. lightning) damage they're not worth the nodes. You're much better off taking Thick Skin for example than the last jewel nodes in the Scion area. Same goes for the ones next to Golem's Blood and Heatseeker. Jewel nodes are only good with good jewels, otherwise they're a waste.

- Eternal flasks are bad in general. You need a Bubbling/Seething Divine Life flask of Staunching. It's a focal point of the build. You don't need 3k life over 3 seconds, you need 1500 life in 1 second once you triple mash that flask button in a pinch.
I wish you wrote this guide. Would be much easier for beginners to make it feel good. There is so much information missing for a beginner to make it work
"
simmezz escribió:
I wish you wrote this guide. Would be much easier for beginners to make it feel good. There is so much information missing for a beginner to make it work

I'm just putting out my own opinions, and how I feel the build is best played. This is in general most affected by my own playstyle, rather than set in stone. PoE has way too many ways to be played for just one person to be right.

For those "doubting" the build, here's 2 demos:

T16 Chateau Doggy

A7 Baran

Did my best to kill him within the 30s GIF upload limit lol.

Also after the totem dies I'm actually trying to take damage on purpose, to proc my CWDT Wave of Conviction for the -resist (which you see go off when he's like 5%), but he wont hit me. :(

Edit:
A7 Snek Dud

Bonus:
A7 Veritania in 9 seconds

Resistances perfectly set up to penetrate lightning and fire, while taking reduced frost from her, hence only using Wise Oak and Diamond flask on the pull not to mess them up, and saving Dying Sun for once CWDT Wave of Conviction -res hits her.

Editado por útlima vez por vetroxbl en 31 dic. 2019 22:35:59
Just got back into the game, will this be a good build to start with?
How do you run Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Precision + Wrath together? They reserve 100% mana + whatever Precision costs at that time?

Also I your leveling section you say to switch in Cold Penetration at lvl31? What do you take out at that moment?
"
SunstormGT escribió:
How do you run Herald of Ice + Herald of Thunder + Precision + Wrath together? They reserve 100% mana + whatever Precision costs at that time?

It's basically this build's chase unique. Until you have one just use HoT on bosses and HoI on clear. For some bosses consider dropping both in favour of running a purity that best suits the fight (Purity of Ice on Veritania, Purity of Lightning on Baran, etc). There's no shame in even halving your damage just so you can survive.
Rule #1 of (A)RPG's - Dead DPS does 0 DPS.
Editado por útlima vez por vetroxbl en 1 ene. 2020 9:57:42
"
vetroxbl escribió:
"
LunatrixSC escribió:

thank you for taking the time to write this up, io didnt play last night and now just gettinng back on to do things. thanks for your tips they're well appreciated. as i said i actually love the build its cool and feels good im just stuck at a point where i cant keep progressing. but im going to take your notes into account and keep working on it. thanks so much!!
Hi,

Could you help me also what to buy next. I have some of 2 exalt of money and need to get more damage to Barrage.

Clearing in T12-14 is not a problem, but bosses takes too long.
"
Asbe escribió:
Hi,

Could you help me also what to buy next. I have some of 2 exalt of money and need to get more damage to Barrage.

Clearing in T12-14 is not a problem, but bosses takes too long.

- You have 2 mana flasks. That's 2 more than you should have.
Your flask setup should be:
• 1 Diamond flask with curse immunity/freeze immunity/attack speed (whichever the map mods call for);
• 1 Quicksilver flask of whichever you didn't get on the Diamond;
• 1 Dying Sun;
• 1 Bubbling/Seething Divine Life flask of Staunching;
• The 5th flask is situational.

My own favourite is replacing the Quicksilver with a Quartz flask of Adrenaline. This gives you max (75%) attack and near max (65%) spell dodge during Withering Step. This setup, though, is quite hard and probably pricy to obtain.
I run it with 35% MS (30% MS + 5% MS if not hit recently) boots to offset the loss of a Quicksilver, and a CoH Poacher's Mark which means my flasks are full basically all the time, even on reduced flask charges maps.
The only map mod that fucks it up is Hexproof and Reduced Curse effectiveness on high Awakening levels (which basically makes monsters hexproof, since Awakening 8 increases the map mod effectiveness by 24%).
I've obtained this setup specifically for those fucking poison bombardment Al Hezmin mobs, which apparently shoot 200 million projectiles at once, and have a great tendency to global you on T16's, even with no damage mods and a fully upgraded Soul of Shakari.

- - - - - - - - - -

Currently, the biggest upgrade to your Barrage DMG by far (+40%) would be a Dying Sun.

It has to be a "decreased Charges used" Dying Sun, so it can be popped twice per boss fight. This is of utmost importance.

Your Barrage DPS without those 2 flasks:

Your Barrage DPS with those 2 flasks:

Each flask is a ~40% more modifier, wich is straight up 96% (40+(40+40*40/100)=40+40+16=96) more damage.

458121 + 96 * 458121 / 100 = 897917.

- - - - - - - - - -

- Second thing, I'll quote myself:
"

Get a pair of 70+ life & 3x 35+ res boots. This will allow you to drop all your resistance jewels, and get actual DPS ones. Here's how your jewel specific search should look like:

Play around with the count numbers on filter groups, until you find something you can afford.

There's probably still more you can do, but I've already spent like 30 minutes writing this, and that's just the stuff I caught at first sight.
Editado por útlima vez por vetroxbl en 1 ene. 2020 15:16:23

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional