[3.15] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Cheap league starter and strong endgame farmer. No required items.

Spoiler
"
LAYG escribió:
"
Dex2644 escribió:
"
LAYG escribió:
Hello! Thanks for this amazing build. It really worked out during the leveling process and even towards T11 maps. Right now, I am struggling because my damage is bad. In your calculation, the cheap version deals max. 3M dps. I almost got 80% of the stuff you are describing but my damage is at 350k. Do you have any idea? The main difference I see is the critical strike chance... but even if i increase the value (by faking some items) the damage will not exceed 400k. Thanks for your help.

To clearify things I've exported my current state here: https://pastebin.com/YbiZdt7W

Nice that you included POB, makes it so much easier for me to see what's wrong.

I'm guessing you read the disclaimer explaining that not all settings in my POB are correct meaning the DPS is closer to 2mil with proper settings rather than 3mil.

For your character right now you should get Dread Banner, Lion's Roar and a Diamond Flask. After that make sure you upgrade your offhand weapon as it's really bad right now, even another Scaeva would be a massive upgrade for you.

Changing the flasks and the weapon puts you at 1mil DPS.

"
adrenalburr escribió:
Hi Dex, got a question, should i aim to get a six link asap so i can use infused channeling support? I've recently gotten a tier 15 map and tried it with my current build but got my ass handed to me by bosses, seems like my single target dps can't keep up, regular mobs are fine haha.

Infused Channeling should be your 5th link and the flex slot being melee phys or close combat as your 6th link. Infused is only slightly weaker damage wise but gives you a lot of mitigation.

Thank you for your advice. I've swapped the weapon and two flasks. Also grabbed a new base to generate a even better weapon later on (did the same for my armour):

Next up: get another red socket on my helmet to get access to the banner. I've seen that there is a "turn a non-red socket into red" in the garden.

With the changes I have 60.86% critical strike chance... much better.

What would be the next step? Getting items from your "expensive section"?

Thanks a lot.

POB-Link: https://pastebin.com/FLwxnKPy

Do you plan to update your 3.10 video guide? I think it would be good to mention things like "Unwavering Stance" and so on.

I'll see what I can do in the weekend when it comes to videos.

I'm guessing you didnt know, but you can change colour on sockets rather easily using the crafting bench. You get 2 sockets on the item, change them to red in this case and then you reroll the third socket until you get a red, same with 4th. If that's confusing to you feel free to hit me up in-game or on discord and I can explain it better.

The first thing I would change in your case is get a Praxis ring with a better roll on mana cost, that way you wont need a mana flask because Cyclone will cost 0-1 mana.

Your amulet and all your jewels need upgrades aswell. amulet simply need more life and higher roll of either phys to attacks or attributes.

Your jewels should all have 5-7% life as the prioritised stat followed by any kind of crit multi.
for the amulet anoint, i like using the Charging Offensive for the endu and frenzy charges
Hi Dex! I've been doing some low level maps so far, and looking to see what can be my biggest upgrades i can get. I crafted this new foil but POB is saying that it is a large downgrade somehow going from 200 pdps to 300. Thanks!

POB: https://pastebin.com/nFqmeL0h
"
Xavierstoned escribió:
Hi Dex! I've been doing some low level maps so far, and looking to see what can be my biggest upgrades i can get. I crafted this new foil but POB is saying that it is a large downgrade somehow going from 200 pdps to 300. Thanks!

POB: https://pastebin.com/nFqmeL0h

I'm assuming you mean the Cataclysm Barb, Jewelled Foil in the POB.

The reason it's so bad is because it has 17% physical to chaos conversion. So the sword is essentially deleting 17% of your damage because we dont deal chaos damage thanks to Brutality.
Hey, can u give some advise how to improve build?) first of all we should make chest with -15 mana cost than gloves?
I saw that it's very hard to play on red maps.
https://pastebin.com/B6JqxVqb
Editado por útlima vez por vanyakonoiko262 en 23 jun. 2020 21:41:38
Hey Dex, thanks for this guide and for being dedicated to keeping it updated for so long. I last really played POE in Legion league, with a similar DW build so gave this a try again for Harvest. I made it to level 90 and hit T14-15 red maps with about 18 watchstones right now...but I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.

I'm not getting anywhere near the DPS compared to even your cheapest builds (any of the versions you've posted) so I'm going to be one of those people who shares their POB for some help:

https://pastebin.com/CuMCdY0x

First, I know I'm not totally set up yet, but I'm getting REALLY low Cyclone DPS by comparison (like 260k vs your 1.4m cheap option).Couple things I can see for myself but I don't think it makes up the difference:

1. If I upgrade to a proper 6-link with Melee Phys Support I get a nice boost in DPS
2. Once I get Enlighten to lv2 I can start using Pride aura as well because right now I don't have enough mana to reserve.

Would welcome any thoughts on where I can best go from here to scale faster. Even with the Cyclone nerfs since Legion I still enjoy it so I really want to make this work. Thanks in advance.
"
MugglyPOE escribió:
Hey Dex, thanks for this guide and for being dedicated to keeping it updated for so long. I last really played POE in Legion league, with a similar DW build so gave this a try again for Harvest. I made it to level 90 and hit T14-15 red maps with about 18 watchstones right now...but I feel like I'm hitting a brick wall.

I'm not getting anywhere near the DPS compared to even your cheapest builds (any of the versions you've posted) so I'm going to be one of those people who shares their POB for some help:

First, I know I'm not totally set up yet, but I'm getting REALLY low Cyclone DPS by comparison (like 260k vs your 1.4m cheap option).Couple things I can see for myself but I don't think it makes up the difference:

1. If I upgrade to a proper 6-link with Melee Phys Support I get a nice boost in DPS
2. Once I get Enlighten to lv2 I can start using Pride aura as well because right now I don't have enough mana to reserve.

Would welcome any thoughts on where I can best go from here to scale faster. Even with the Cyclone nerfs since Legion I still enjoy it so I really want to make this work. Thanks in advance.

Are you playing SSF? Most items seem quite bad for a level 90 character if you are able to trade.

Chest, belt, boots, both rings have no usable attack buffs at all. Chest and gloves have very little.

Most of these can be improved for just a few chaos.
Editado por útlima vez por Bauab en 23 jun. 2020 23:19:55
"
Bauab escribió:
"
MugglyPOE escribió:

Are you playing SSF? Most items seem quite bad for a level 90 character if you are able to trade.

Chest, belt, boots, both rings have no usable attack buffs at all. Chest and gloves have very little.

Most of these can be improved for just a few chaos.

Not SSF, but made due with what I had which was getting cheap uniques and a few rares as I'm not great at building currency, and it's still early at a few days in. Could you be more specific about the attack buffs that could be had for a few chaos? For example, just a basic Spiked Gloves with any Attack Speed, 50 Life, and 60 Resists is going for 60c-1ex right now in Harvest.

The curse on hit rings and such are also expensive 5 days into a league, but I didn't think I was that far off from the original guide?
Editado por útlima vez por MugglyPOE en 23 jun. 2020 23:53:41
"
MugglyPOE escribió:

So I went through a few things and I think you are already on the right track. Most of your gear seems fine so you just need to start upgrading a few things, most importantly your offhand and jewels could use an upgrade.

The biggest issue right now is your gem links:

1. Like you said you need a 6link wich would boost DPS by quite a lot.

2. Ice Golem isnt that amazing so you can replace it with Pride and in order to reserve it you need to remove Maim from Flesh&Stone. Put Maim on your Warchief instead.

3. Using 2x Scaevas is a bit tricky for sockets since Scaeva really wants those green sockets for crit multi, if you cant use green sockets on it you definitely want to replace it with a 300 ish pDPS foil with as much attack speed as possible.

Your jewels arent bad, but you would definitely want 3 stat jewels with life%, crit multi and 1 more stat being either more crit multi, attack speed or physical damage.

Changing all of these things brings you up to 1.7mil DPS wich is a good start atleast.

EDIT: I'll do my best to remember to make a Harvest crafting video this weekend as it seems it would benefit a lot of people but the tl;dr is basically use purple and yellow seeds to craft weapons via physical or attack crafts. Use yellow seeds primarily for crafting gear with life crafts. This works on jewels aswell.
Editado por útlima vez por Dex2644 en 24 jun. 2020 6:12:15
Spoiler
"
Dex2644 escribió:
"
MugglyPOE escribió:

So I went through a few things and I think you are already on the right track. Most of your gear seems fine so you just need to start upgrading a few things, most importantly your offhand and jewels could use an upgrade.

The biggest issue right now is your gem links:

1. Like you said you need a 6link wich would boost DPS by quite a lot.

2. Ice Golem isnt that amazing so you can replace it with Pride and in order to reserve it you need to remove Maim from Flesh&Stone. Put Maim on your Warchief instead.

3. Using 2x Scaevas is a bit tricky for sockets since Scaeva really wants those green sockets for crit multi, if you cant use green sockets on it you definitely want to replace it with a 300 ish pDPS foil with as much attack speed as possible.

Your jewels arent bad, but you would definitely want 3 stat jewels with life%, crit multi and 1 more stat being either more crit multi, attack speed or physical damage.

Changing all of these things brings you up to 1.7mil DPS wich is a good start atleast.

EDIT: I'll do my best to remember to make a Harvest crafting video this weekend as it seems it would benefit a lot of people but the tl;dr is basically use purple and yellow seeds to craft weapons via physical or attack crafts. Use yellow seeds primarily for crafting gear with life crafts. This works on jewels aswell.

So, I definitely did not notice that attaching Maim to Flesh and Pride was causing me to not have enough mana for reserve. Missed that one, thanks.

And yeah the double Scaeva is causing issues for socket colors, but I do have a couple Ahn's and a Pacifism jewel to use for now until I can find or craft a better Jewelled Foil.

I'm switching to a pretty poor 6-socket chest and using Close Combat so that should help.

Didn't know the jewels mattered so much but I'll be on the lookout for those now too (or maybe Harvest craft them—look forward to your vid).

That said I still don't know where the huge POB DPS numbers are coming from, I'm wondering if I'm missing a calc or setting somewhere?

Thanks for all the advice, I'll give it a try again and hopefully it'll feel a bit smoother!

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional