[3.7] Viper Strike Pathfinder

"
DotsandDashes escribió:
Where should i focus upgrades from here?

https://pastebin.com/g2ALmRPz

I feel squishy as fuck in red maps and sometimes large HP enemies are slower to kill than I'd like (syndicate, for example)

edit: well i gave up maim on my chest piece for more defenses. As nice as it is, dying isn't worth the ~5% damage

Still curious where i should focus next though

Sorry Sir,
not using this build, but:
- the Embalmder is not needed, better a glove with life/res/attack speed or +1range
- your claws are decent, but i think you should look at something like this:

- you can have aspect of spider to help you with damage (crafted on a rare item)
- get an helmet with something "malevolence has 15% mana reservation" so you can use 3 aura

with pob I've 4.5mil against shaper/Guardian

also:
for mapping: ancestral call + melee splash
for boss: melee phys + multistrike
Editado por útlima vez por ThoryX en 2 jul. 2019 3:36:23
"
ThoryX escribió:
"
DotsandDashes escribió:

I feel squishy as fuck in red maps and sometimes large HP enemies are slower to kill than I'd like (syndicate, for example)

edit: well i gave up maim on my chest piece for more defenses. As nice as it is, dying isn't worth the ~5% damage

Sorry Sir,
- the Embalmder is not needed, better a glove with life/res/attack speed or +1range

- you can have aspect of spider to help you with damage (crafted on a rare item)
- get an helmet with something "malevolence has 15% mana reservation" so you can use 3 aura

also:

The only difference between that claw and mine is it has chaos damage to attacks and mine doesnt, but one of them has %poison damage. I dont beleive there's a huge difference really. And getting a claw that has attack speed, 60% chance for poison to deal 100% damage, Despair, high phys AND a chaos damage to attack rolls is like impossible. there is almost never 1 for sale with all of those mods, it's always missing atleast 1

I have been toying with the idea of dropping embalmer though, it just doesnt make sense anymore. the chaos damage to attacks is nice but that's all it offers
"
DotsandDashes escribió:
"
ThoryX escribió:
"
DotsandDashes escribió:

Sorry Sir,

also:

The only difference between that claw and mine is it has chaos damage to attacks and mine doesnt, but one of them has %poison damage. I dont beleive there's a huge difference really. And getting a claw that has attack speed, 60% chance for poison to deal 100% damage, Despair, high phys AND a chaos damage to attack rolls is like impossible. there is almost never 1 for sale with all of those mods, it's always missing atleast 1

I have been toying with the idea of dropping embalmer though, it just doesnt make sense anymore. the chaos damage to attacks is nice but that's all it offers

i've tried to find some help around the forum and I posted a thread on how to craft yourself your claw, not that expensive.
here if it helps in someway:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2562012

in 2 tries i made this

I can craft phy damage(1ex rank 3) or phys damage+blind(only got rank 2 unlocked) but it has no attack speed, which kinda sucks. might still be better than one of the ones i have though
Editado por útlima vez por DotsandDashes en 2 jul. 2019 18:14:48
"
thedeathbeam escribió:
@thedeathbeam

Hi, before i say anything i just want to point out i'm not here to bash your build just to give some insights since i'm playing Viper Strike and invested sadly alot of time to figure it out.

Your dps scaling is not good. Here is why.

Viper Strike scales thru 3 things:
-single poison dps (gives you base damage and it's based on your Chaos damage)
-attack speed (gives you how many poisons you can inflict in a time span)
-duration of the Viper Strike

So what you want to do is to get that poison ramp as fast as you can and move out, with perserving decent amount of time (duration) for poisons to do their thing.
You were also scaling physical damage thru abyss jewels and rings.

Total DPS inc. Poison stat in the PoB can be very misleading. If you have Viper Strike duration lets say 20s and low poison dps and attack speed "Total DPS inc. Poison" will still show high numbers because it calculates that you are hitting all those 20s which is just stupid...
Since Viper Strike already has doubled poison duration, Coralito's Signature flask gives you all the duration you need.

So Mathil was right and he did the right thing by scaling attack speed and single poison dps.

Wither Totem is such a mess all in all. You will probably never get 15 stacks (more like no stacks in real case scenario) because they die as soon something touches them.
There are 2 alternatives to this, either swap Multiple Totem support with Minion and Totem Elemental resistance support or go with the Ancestral Protector (20% more attack speed) + Fortify + Minion and Totem Elemental resistance support.
At least it will give some use.

Also i made some adjustments to defenses. We already have high dodge chance and high blind on hit chance so having high evasion is kinda wasted. Instead of that i took Iron Reflexes to get 16K armor. That opens up a window to use Molten Shell and Vaal Molten Shell which is very powerful defense skill.

This is the PoB with my char projected at level 94.
https://pastebin.com/6j8NGViD

I won't be playing it anymore because GGG is forcing us to map with 2 supporting gems of which Ancestral Call even lowers the dps so you are basically mapping with 3.5L.
Also using single target setup in Legion fight is just painful.
Editado por útlima vez por TorsteinTheFallen en 3 jul. 2019 10:54:45
"
thedeathbeam escribió:
"
leohero923 escribió:
Hi thedeathbeam,

Could you please add passive tree level by level in PoB.
Eg, passive tree 1->25, 26->48 ....
When I see "100 (see drop down)", I think you add leveling passive trees like that but when I click on it, I do not see anything.

Ah yeah, sorry. I usually add 60,70,80,90,100 for all my builds, but forgot to finish them for this one (that is why there is the see dropdown part). I will try to add them either today or tomorrow.

Hi.

just trying out your build as a total newbie for ranger/melee.

But I don't know which way should I follow through your passive skill tree when I'm leveling up.
It seems like pob is not updated yet.

If it isn't too bothering, can you give me a tip about which BIG nodes that I should pick first?

Thank you.
Editado por útlima vez por ashium en 5 jul. 2019 22:31:41
"
ashium escribió:
"
thedeathbeam escribió:
"
leohero923 escribió:
Hi thedeathbeam,

Could you please add passive tree level by level in PoB.
Eg, passive tree 1->25, 26->48 ....
When I see "100 (see drop down)", I think you add leveling passive trees like that but when I click on it, I do not see anything.

Ah yeah, sorry. I usually add 60,70,80,90,100 for all my builds, but forgot to finish them for this one (that is why there is the see dropdown part). I will try to add them either today or tomorrow.

Hi.

just trying out your build as a total newbie for ranger/melee.

But I don't know which way should I follow through your passive skill tree when I'm leveling up.
It seems like pob is not updated yet.

If it isn't too bothering, can you give me a tip about which BIG nodes that I should pick first?

Thank you.

go to the "northern" part of the tree first, everything above acor/phase acro. Primal spirit, Coordination, Trickery are ones you'll want early-ish because they give INT and this build is INT starved.

Acro/Phase acro you should get before you finish Act 10 but I personally dont pick it up to like act 7-9. before that you're not likely to die to anything without it.

Soul Raker is probably the first thing you should rush towards because when it comes to claws that node is a game changer. Grab Fatal Toxins along the way. You could probably leave Gemini till higher levels but i would make sure to atleast grab the life wheel to the left of it somewhat, revenge of the hunter. Maybe not the entire wheel but the first 3 point to get the noteable and come back for the rest later.

From there, Poisonous Fans, Toxic Strikes, Thick skin as you work your way south of the start( i would only grab 2 points at thick skin and leave the last 2 till later). Then to Art of the Gladiator, Bravery, Master of the Arena at the duelist start.

From there you should be progressed enough to be able to figure out what you need yourself. If you're following OP's build it might be wise to go up to the Constitution Wheel ASAP and grab those 2 resistance nodes right before maps (i used the 2 skill points you get for finishing act 10 for that)

the other poster above who put his own PoB that has a different tree but very similar. I respecc'd to his version to try it out. it wayyyyyyy more damage but considerably less HP. I would suggest OP's tree to get started and once you're geared well swap to the higher damage one. I was at 6.3k HP on OP's version of the tree and dropped to 5.8-5.9k(level 86-87 so getting 6k+ is still easily doable) on the other but clear speed and boss kill speed was noticeably higher. That tree has less resistance from the tree so you need better gear
This is an interesting build, but completely killed by the unrealistic POB setup.

Post a real build with realistic gear, not POB-crafted perfect items and a level 100 tree.
"
unsmith escribió:
This is an interesting build, but completely killed by the unrealistic POB setup.

Post a real build with realistic gear, not POB-crafted perfect items and a level 100 tree.

There is wasp nest with tabula setup, not sure what else would you want. And for tree, remove 5-6 nodes from it, boom done.

I am probably not planning to update this build more, because SA poison was simply a lot more enjoyable for me, and this is basically melee version of it, with well, more damage, but imo a bit worse playstyle.
My builds:
Scourge Arrow Poison Prolif Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2551841
My site:
https://mapsofexile.com/
I've just finished levelling this build, and while boss dps is a little sketchy I found the process quite fun and for clearing the skill feels very smooth. I'll be upgrading to abyss boots at lv69, and double poison dmg claws at 72. I'll get vaal grace at 69 and put it in my boots, since they're corrupted with +2 to aura gems, along with Precision and Malevolence. HoAg can sit somewhere else.

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional