[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

Well it's nice that there new totems nodes in the area of the ranger. Is totem damage scaling with the toxic rain dmg? or only the hit and not the poison/chaos stacks?
https://pastebin.com/PKeHCqR0

Is this something to consider?
alright.
so ya wwwZugZugorc pastebin looks good. you should also be able to get up to 8 ballista totems now too, if you get both passives that add one (by way of annointing too). 3 from gem, 2 from multi totems (which is best to drop 2 at a time anyway), and 2 from passives then 1 from skirmish. thats 8. but still might be better to use a quiver with chaos damage over time multiplier, though.
so maybe stick with 6 totems placing 2 at a time and use something other than skirmish quiver and anoint something other than the +1 totems. probably best option.

"
https://pastebin.com/PKeHCqR0

Is this something to consider?

that is something to consider, yes. i personally don't prefer pathfinder for this build, but its definitely solid. the AoE PF gets would play extremely well with toxic rain DoT pod stacking. extremely well. and the final points at least give you 10% more dmg, essentially. except the tree is a bit spread. you're not going to get to level 100, so i suggest more something like this

https://pastebin.com/N6s7HzvH

with more points you can get to Heavy Draw. the aoe/dmg from that cluster shouldn't be easily passed up.

with pathfinder, it'll play fine no question, but you'll be less defensive since you won't have access to evade cap. your choice though.

i honestly do think this build is going to be super good for this next league the way things are going, but one thing that i did miss about the patch notes is you can no longer get Vicious Projectiles on elder bow mods.
"
Hybrid Physical Damage and Support/Spell Damage and Support modifiers can no longer roll on two-handed weapons.

this includes vicious proj/% phys dmg on elder bows. so the best bows will be +3 bows, for sure.
this actually isn't bad, to be honest. its pretty easy to get a +3 bow, and now you can reliably get it on a 6 link base by farming The Imperial Legacy divination cards, instead of having to manually 6 link an elder base.
so....maybe this is actually a buff?? lol

EDIT:
if i consider this build for later in the league (not doing it as league starter) i'd probably consider not going up to scion life wheel and staying more south of duelist. its hard to say, i haven't played around with it yet...but its a possibility. you can get basically the same amount of life and you're closer to the other totem nodes
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 11 dic. 2019 14:02:51
Guys,

With the nerf to Mirage Archer and the possibility to have many many more ballistas than before, what do you guys think will be a good match up with the 6-linked ballista support + toxic rain? I mean, it looks like the mechanics of this build can change so that the ballistas will do majority of the damage. Is Toxic Rain the best skill to have in the bow, in addition to the ballistas in my armor? For example the buffed caustic arrow, with more radius and dot?

xMustard, I'm planning to SSF with this build. Would you still recommend Raider?? If so, this three you recommended would stay the same (except for the ascendancy)? https://pastebin.com/N6s7HzvH

Also, mind sharing your tree progression 30-60-90, something like that?
ok, for reference this is my current PoB: https://pastebin.com/5kd3CGtf
Note: i added 29% more damage on my jewel in order to simulate summon skitterbots which is a 20/20 gem + 29% effect crafted on amulet. 20% more dmg +44% effect = 28.8(29% more dmg taken)

alright. so with the changes...i think i would change up the tree a bit, to be honest.
Lucasperin to answer your question, toxic rain is absolutely the best to use for self-cast and to still use mirage archer is basically required. its just too good. majority of your damage actually comes from you and not the ballistas.
i'll do a breakdown of the calculated DPS based on my build and my PoB.

My DPS Breakdown
This assumes the use of Dying Sun giving 2 more arrows (assumed 1 more pod doing damage). this will be probably the biggest difference in DPS with the 3.9 version which will not use Dying Sun.

Self-Cast:
Dot DPS: 105,279.3
Atk Spd: 4.44
Duration: 2.01
#ofPods: 5
Total: 4,697,772.92

Mirage Archer:
Dot DPS: 93,698.58
Atk Spd: 1.78
Duration: 2.01
Total: 1,676,173.90

Totems:
Dot DPS: 12,991.2
Atk Spd: 3.62
Duration: 2.16
#ofTotem: 4
Total: 2,031,615.82

GRAND TOTAL: 8,405,562.64

so. significant gear changes are going to be. again this will be based off of my PoB and current SSF blight gear setup.
it doesn't matter if you want to do the gear or even tree a bit differently, this write up is just going to highlight changes so you can directly compare how the build works right now compared to how it should work in 3.9.

Gear Changes
New bow crafts and difficulty to get it. no more elder base vicious proj socketed shenanigans. however this could be a hidden positive, to be honest.
you can still quite easily get a 6L imperial bow via imperial legacy divination card. this will be your base. Now you just need to craft it to get +3 gems (+1 gem, +2 bow gem). there are plenty of guides on how to do this so im not going to fully explain it here. but it does NOT require the multimodding technique for it AT ALL.
however, for best outcomes you'd want a +3 bow with attack speed. now that bows can have a higher tier attack speed this is going to be extremely significant and definitely best in slot, but hard to get obviously. good luck on this!!

Next biggest change is quiver. a ballista support will give you 3 base totems. multiple totems (still best in slot support in order to place 2 at once) will give 2. you can easily pick up one from the tree. this gives 6 totems. i believe this is by far enough. though you could stretch it to get 8, i don't think this is ideal.
So for a quiver, i believe you should be using a rare quiver with life and the newly added damage over time multiplier stat. unclear at what values this will have. for my comparison calculation below im going to assume 15%, similar to elder gloves/amulet.

Boots. now that the temple movement speed/dodge boot base has been nerfed out the ass to only give a maximum of 6% dodge, Atziri Steps are best in slot by a significant margin.

Dying Sun. definitely nowhere near required. since its going to be much harder/expensive to get just use any other flask. Cinderhollow is great for sustain while killing mobs (especially in delve) and for any other map i'd suggest a Sulphur flask of Warding (curse immune).

i believe this covers most if not all gear changes coming for the next league. again, this is based off what my current character is using, so refer back to the PoB.

now i'll go over changes to the passive tree.

Passive Tree Proposed Change
so, from the base 3.8 build i think we can now skip out on the scion life wheel, to be honest. also can skip out on going to far north in the shadow area. this will save many points to where we can invest into south duelist for hp and totem nodes.

this is my proposed change to the tree in another PoB: https://pastebin.com/PdJMyKKK

this PoB also calculates all other changes and will be used in the next section for comparing builds, so keep it open.

i'll be explaining these changes in more detail below.

Build comparison

Build in 3.9
same PoB as passive tree (https://pastebin.com/PdJMyKKK)
this has all the changes calculated into it, to my best ability right now. including gem changes support changes gear changes etc.

so from the passive tree change, you do lose some life. 25% life actually. however this is combated a bit by allowing us to have a rare quiver with life. if you get a t1 life roll you can see the life difference isn't TOO too bad, losing 300 life.
this does suck so if you don't want to lose hp you can for sure do things a different way, like getting the other +1 totem node for less points and spec more into life.
changed the bow. changed quiver.

ok biggest thing of note is the jewel. i simulate some changes on the jewel, as noted on the jewel.

DPS Calculation
As stated previously, the biggest difference here will be the number of pods hitting an enemy. TR can have 5 pods. with dying sun that makes it 7 which means more overlap. we no longer use dying sun but even so we should get damage overlapping from 4 pods due to the massive aoe scaling this build utilizes.
Note: i calculated Mirage archer to have 27% less damage instead of 31% due to its higher level from the bow.
Note: i calculated totem damage by using current support and just subtracting 15% less damage, 20% less attack speed. this won't make it exact, but should be close enough figure for comparison.

Self-Cast:
Dot DPS: 119,910.9
Atk Spd: 4.79
Duration: 1.95
#ofPods: 4
Total: 4,480,111.05

Mirage Archer:
Dot DPS: 87,534.96
Atk Spd: 1.92
Total: 1,310,923.56

Totems:
Dot DPS: 14,032.48
Atk Spd: 3.14
#ofTotem: 6
Total: 2,062,101

GRAND TOTAL: 7,853,135.61

So there you have it. build is nerfed overall. the hit on damage won't really be noticeable i don't think at all, so really you could just see it as losing 300 hp.
however, you could change the tree around to get more hp and just lose some more damage, since the build already has an abundance of it. something like posted above.
i do however recommend you squeeze out getting the skill effect duration nodes at least the one cluster. duration is just too good on toxic rain.

also, keep in mind that with this comparison mock-up, this is basically a perfect bow for the build. not sure how easy or hard it would be to come by....but something to keep in mind.
also, you could sub out Empower level 4 over Damage on Full Life support, however it really isn't much more damage (only like 1,000 more dot dps) and its Empower lvl4. not cheap, and being as i play SSF, basically not possible.

hope you enjoyed this write up. build is still going to be an absolute game destroyer

edit: forgot about tree progression. basically i just always go north into shadow area first. leave off the kind of sub-optimal 2 point things here and there until later in progression, like the 2x mana passives, or jewels (especially in SSF)
ascendancy progression is to get onslaught tree side filled out 1st and ASAP
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 12 dic. 2019 11:25:24
"
xMustard escribió:
hope you enjoyed this write up. build is still going to be an absolute game destroyer

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to post the detailed analysis, especially as you mentioned it wouldn't be your league starter. I haven't played Toxic Rain before but will give it a try thanks to your breakdown :)

I noticed a poster back on page 12 mentioned taking Avatar of the Veil - based on your experience, did you have any thoughts about it vs Avatar of the Slaughter? Are the frenzy charges too good to pass up, or do you think we can sacrifice them for the dodging and phasing from Veil?
Thnx mustard for your time. So a little bit of a damage loss. But we do have new gems the awakend en toxic Rain got a little buff did you use them also in your calculations. Again thank you for your time.
"
RwOzm escribió:
Thnx mustard for your time. So a little bit of a damage loss. But we do have new gems the awakend en toxic Rain got a little buff did you use them also in your calculations. Again thank you for your time.

ah right i forgot to mention, i couldn't actually in any way factor in the slight toxic rain gem buff, but its literally just 1.4 base dot dps extra. so not sure it'll actually be anything.

as for Avatar of the Veil vs Avatar of the Slaughter.
basically Avatar of the Slaughter is for dps, Avatar of the Veil is for defense. both are good options. i'd say Slaughter is better overall for this build, because with Withering Step you really don't need the extra available dodge.
if you do want some more dodge, you can also use a Quartz flask over Sulphur flask to get 10/10 dodge and phasing.
so really the biggest benefit that Veil has is the immune to status ailments. this is of course extremely strong.

i have other raider builds in which i would take Veil over Slaughter, and even an elemental damage bow build i would do so. but since this is chaos damage over time and so reliant on attack speed for damage and stuff, and there are other options for the dodge and phasing, i more view it as Slaughter over status immune. so in this builds case i'd take Slaughter over Veil every time
"
xMustard escribió:
as for Avatar of the Veil vs Avatar of the Slaughter.
basically Avatar of the Slaughter is for dps, Avatar of the Veil is for defense. both are good options. i'd say Slaughter is better overall for this build, because with Withering Step you really don't need the extra available dodge.
if you do want some more dodge, you can also use a Quartz flask over Sulphur flask to get 10/10 dodge and phasing.
so really the biggest benefit that Veil has is the immune to status ailments. this is of course extremely strong.

i have other raider builds in which i would take Veil over Slaughter, and even an elemental damage bow build i would do so. but since this is chaos damage over time and so reliant on attack speed for damage and stuff, and there are other options for the dodge and phasing, i more view it as Slaughter over status immune. so in this builds case i'd take Slaughter over Veil every time

Understood, many thanks!
"
xMustard escribió:

Dude, thanks so much!

I'll probably take it for a spin as league starter. I think it will be great with the league mechanic. S2

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional