[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

"
xMustard escribió:
ya im back to playing my own version of this build - again. it just can't be beat for how easy, cheap, and powerful it is. nothing has come close.
i play exclusively in SSF now too, and its actually very easy to get rolling in SSF.

Current Gear

basically when starting out, as soon as you hit act 6 you can farm the twilight strand for the div card Thunderous Skies to get a Storm Cloud bow. this is basically exact same power as quill rain. less attack speed but more damage. either bow will work, but storm cloud can be farmed. either one will carry you until you can get a set of Imperial Legacy completed.
you can farm up a tabula if you want a 6L.
all other gear is completely open. even quiver, until you can get a skirmish, which you can do from farming einhar (shield/quiver turn in) or as a drop. it is pretty common, actually.

Withering Step works INCREDIBLY WELL with this build. especially if you want to play more defensive. it gives you a massive boost in dodge and movement speed and phasing in order to run around being safe after placing totems to let them do the killing.

i also think a self-cast steelskin cannot be beat. and using summon skitterbots gives you about 24% more damage, and an additional stacking slow. minor but present.

i used to prefer this build as trickster in order to go EB to not need to deal with mana issues at all. but with the inclusion of enduring mana flasks and raider buffs, raider beats out the multi-nerfed trickster by a mile now, i think. slightly less damage but way more survivability OTHER than sustain, which should be picked up somewhere. ideally i think i'd like to be running a cinderhollow flask for that regen on kill.

having capped evasion, capped dodge with withering step, and an absolute balls-ton of movement speed it really is hard to get yourself into trouble with this setup.

this build demolishes blight.
i picked out a dps tower i liked that could get the "deal full damage" anoint so i could focus on just that tower. TR gives all the CC you need. just a couple glacial cage towers near the pump in case a portal spawns on top of it and you're golden.

I`m also using Withering Step, it`s really good :)

Just sharing a Blight Map T13 , as I said previously this build is really amazing for this league :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crNm0dTm7xY

I`m using a different setup, with MoM , aspect of the cat and 7 Link bow.

finally got my last prophecy to craft my gear. rocking around 5m shaper dps at maximum.
some of the easiest shaper guardians i've ever done. extremely tanky as raider (95% evade, 75/75 dodge with withering step up)

How bad is the new ranged attack totem ( balista ) for this one..
"
RwOzm escribió:
How bad is the new ranged attack totem ( balista ) for this one..

patch notes are later today, but even from the manifesto you can conclude a few things.

#1 mobs got a significant chaos resistance buff of 10%. this will affect damage
#2 elder influence items will be harder to come by, and its possible you can't even get the 7L of vicious projectiles anymore as well. possible significant loss in damage here as well
#3 the actual use of ballistas looks like it'll be better. having 3 default totems and at least another one from the tree looks like you could abstain from using multiple totem support and/or skirmish quiver. this allows you more stats in ways of another support if you want, and another quiver.
#4 mirage archer is getting a slight nerf. this shouldn't be too significant
#5 the ballistas are dropped at your feet instead of placing them ahead of you. this will suck mostly for delve but shouldn't be too bad for anything else, since you blazed through the content with self-cast/mirage archer anyway. placing the ballistas at your feet vs bosses really won't matter much
#6 base types of bows are being slightly revamped. this could be a significant buff to available bases for the build. the increased tier of attack speed is especially notable
#7 obviously the multimod nerf will drastically slow down how fast and easy you can obtain BiS items

thats about it until we see the full notes. build should still be extremely viable and easy to blaze through the game with. losing 10% power on the very top end of the spectrum is really nothing.
this build really doesn't need as much damage as fully crafted BiS items either, so this build i imagine is either getting slightly buffed by the way of ballista changes, or overall won't be much different.

even though this build i believe will be left in tact im probably not going to league start with it this time. i want to try something a bit different since i've played toxic rain for 4 leagues straight.
Editado por útlima vez por xMustard en 10 dic. 2019 15:09:53
Thnx xMustard for your reply. I wanted to make this as my league starter but I have my doubts about it with the changes to totems. But with your clarity to the changes and we need to wait for the actual changes. The build is coming up on my list again. I think I'm going for the trickster variant for the extra power..
personally i think the raider version is by far better than trickster now-a-days. its a bit less on damage but its far better on defenses and damage avoidance with her very easy evade cap.

this league being more boss centric the main benefit of trickster (sustain on kill) won't play as big of a part so IMO that knocks him down another notch.

also raider has much more mobility, and mobility is quickly becoming the most important defense in the entire game (especially with toxic rain slow). since all other forms of defense continually get nerfed, and now that monsters are being buffed defensively and we're being nerfed offensively fights will be drawn out longer than previous leagues.
in a game where anything at any time can instantly kill you, this league will for sure be Path of OneShot. mobility will be key to survival and raider reigns supreme.

trickster is much easier and faster leveilng, however, if you happen to play in trade league and want to try to speed to maps for currency farming or something.

once patch notes and passive tree are known i might list some significant notables. i don't want to hijack the build from the original designer though, lol
but ya at this point i just play the build my own way. and i do see this build as being extremely powerful again in 3.9. no signs for it not to be yet
"
Toxic Rain

Now deals 7.9 base Chaos Damage per second at gem level 1 (from 6.7), up to 285.1 at gem level 20 (from 283.7).

for some reason. but mirage archer also got boned

"
Mirage Archer Support

The Mirage Archer now deals 40% less Damage with Supported Skills at gem level 1 (from 30%), up to 31% less at gem level 20 (from 11%). Its targeting distance has been lowered to 70 units (from 105).

i thought for sure the max less dmg it would do would be 19%, but now its 31% hoooooly poo.
Can you do a more detailed explantion of the buffs and nerfs. I see a lot of nerfs in term of speed and damage aswel. But we get more totems do they make up for al those nerfs.
"
RwOzm escribió:
Can you do a more detailed explantion of the buffs and nerfs. I see a lot of nerfs in term of speed and damage aswel. But we get more totems do they make up for al those nerfs.

everyone got train fucked offensively and defensively. there are a lot of mods which we take for granted in the crafting bench that got removed or nerfed, like the evasion/armor/es + life hybrid. which i believe got up to 36 hp or osmething? well its cut in half.
things like the pristine fossil can no longer roll the hybrid flat life + % life hybrid. g..........g

so in terms of defense everyone got screwed.

in terms of offense gear will be harder to come by, or at least much harder to get BiS. and even then the BiS gear will probably be worse than what used to be available to us.
however, 1 massive good change for this build is, now that we won't need to use the skirmish quiver, you can craft damage over time multiplier on quivers.

i think offensively this build too just a minor nerf overall. maybe 15% less damage than previously, which really isn't bad.
offensively you'll have a harder time getting as much life, but evade and dodge seem to have remained fully in tact so this build fared out probably better than...........any other?? lol
Been playing totem builds almost exclusively for a while now. (usually freezing pulse soul mantle). This is my initial build for level 95, based off of xMustard's

https://pastebin.com/jafSjXPT

Six totems, drop 2 at a time, 80% placement speed (used to playing with 90% on the FP hierophant)
179% life on the tree
anointment will be one of either
Panopticon for totem 7, 30% damage
Surveillance 30% damage, 8% attack speed, damage aura
Primal Manifestation 24% damage, 20% totem life, 20% totem duration (most likely)
Shamanistic Fury 30% damage, 15% placement speed

I'm assuming iron commander is getting some changes, or we could do something like 12-14 totems which i'm sure would be better off with a different skill.

Editado por útlima vez por wwwZugZugorc en 11 dic. 2019 12:16:28

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional