[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Btw cool build. Doing uber lab at lvl 75 is something new for this noob and I'm an absolute lab hater.
Amazing build ! I love to facetank, this is just the build for me.
Couple questions.
I dropped BM and was wondering which life nodes to take, the ones close to BM or the ones close to ranger for the extra evasion?
Damage is good for me, and there's loots of room to improve for now, but I feel like I want to go more defensive.
So how do you feel about using Grace ?
And as far as damage goes, I got phys to fire on the rapier and since I managed the res quite good and don't need any on the amulet, I figured I can get one with some more phys to fire and couple grace with herald of ash.
HoA with a good shaper amulet will give about as much extra damage as hatred, but the boost from grace might be quite nice.
"
bddvd escribió:
Couple questions.
I dropped BM and was wondering which life nodes to take, the ones close to BM or the ones close to ranger for the extra evasion?
Damage is good for me, and there's loots of room to improve for now, but I feel like I want to go more defensive.
And as far as damage goes, I got phys to fire on the rapier and since I managed the res quite good and don't need any on the amulet, I figured I can get one with some more phys to fire and couple grace with herald of ash.
HoA with a good shaper amulet will give about as much extra damage as hatred, but the boost from grace might be quite nice.

i like using arctic armour and vitality in some situations, because colors fit and the only reason i die is degen when theres nothing to leech from (shaper balls, lab traps, darkness)
"
kan333 escribió:
"
darthfelix escribió:
I wonder how good a "increased critical strikes" gem will perform in the main Double Strike setup. I think the "+1,9% chance could have a big effect. I didn't have the +percent on GLoves or Body Armour, yet...

Did you test it via PoB?

Greetz
darthfelix

It doesn't perform better then any of the supports he listed. It actually performs worse as your crit goes up. Like when you have your diamond flask up.
Yep, our crit is high enough that we're starting to get diminishing returns on crit, even with base crit. If you run a chest with no base crit and swap the helm enchant from crit to double damage, it's probably a lot better, but even in that case I doubt it's more than 25% more damage, which is on par with other options we didn't take, but isn't going to compare to ruthless or maim, much less damage on full life.

"
EoXaZ escribió:
My resistances all are like 100+ and I'm using assassin mark curse. Should I switch this curse? Or i keep it. I kinda like it.
It's the best damage boosting curse we can use, so if you really want the damage and don't want to get power charge on crit corrupted claw it's pretty good, but eventually your damage will be good enough and man enfeeble is insane defensively. It gives enemies less damage AND accuracy, so it doubles down on damage mitigation, not to mention the less crit which essentially makes you immune to crits considering the less accuracy and our already high evasion. (you get two evasion rolls against crits, one to evade the hit, a second to "downgrade" the crit to a normal hit)

"
d_dong escribió:
"
bddvd escribió:
Couple questions.

i like using arctic armour and vitality in some situations, because colors fit and the only reason i die is degen when theres nothing to leech from (shaper balls, lab traps, darkness)
Our evasion is high enough where we are starting to suffer diminishing returns on it, so it just doesn't add that much evasion when our flasks are up. When flasks are down it adds a good chunk, probably about doubling it, but I just don't think I run into many situations where low evasion can kill me but my flasks aren't up. I think arctic armour and purities are a much better defensive option, but vitality is an interesting swap in considering there are now more mechanics that reward regen like darkness in delves.

For the life nodes, the ranger start will end up offering more evasion with the same life total in the end, but someone made an interesting point that it backloads your life as you have to travel through damage first, where as you can get the life nodes by BM right away, and respec later if you get to level 95+ ish.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
im atm 83 and havent catched the last lab on this one.

Maybe thats the reason, but for now im leech is around 500 per hit. It doesnt feel like instant leech, just a little more like a worse slayer leech.

I wonder at which point your leech goes through the roof. I dont think its a 6l chest or a shaper offhand, is it?

If i get the soul reaker node in POB it doesnt change that much, also the last ascenancy seems not to give that much of a leech.

BUt if i take those nodes away on your POB with lvl 95 it takes more than 60& of the leech.
I'm running the purities+AA version of the build. Currently at 1,75mil Shaper DPS. Bosses die quickly no problems with any of them.

Yesterday I did a T15 red Elder. I used my usual boss+minions setup with ruthless and ancestral call. The fight was easy as expected but I didn't manage to save the Shaper.

Today I decided to use my clear setup splash + ancestral call and I easily saved him with with a large margin on his life. I did focus more on the minions rather than on the portals which I'm sure had some impact but without a doubt the usual clear speed setup is better for Elder than any of the DPS setups with ruthless or DOFL.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Camatoo escribió:

Maybe thats the reason, but for now im leech is around 500 per hit. It doesnt feel like instant leech, just a little more like a worse slayer leech.

I wonder at which point your leech goes through the roof. I dont think its a 6l chest or a shaper offhand, is it?

If i get the soul reaker node in POB it doesnt change that much, also the last ascenancy seems not to give that much of a leech.

BUt if i take those nodes away on your POB with lvl 95 it takes more than 60& of the leech.
Well you have a few big improvements not too far away, as you have no crit multi on amulet, very low crit multi on offhand, also it's adding fire when cold is definitely better for us. Wise oak doesn't do a lot compared to taste of hate or sin's rebirth, you don't have jewels allocated, you don't have a helm enchant, and belly is significantly worse than loreweave or an elder chest, and it's not 6 linked anyway. Also yeah we may leech 500 per hit, but we attack 4 times per second and each attack is 6 hits, so that's 12k leech per second, which is triple the leech cap of a vaal pact 8k life build. Each upgrade is a bit more and before you know it you're leeching 40k per second.

"
Aias_o_Telamonios escribió:
I'm running the purities+AA version of the build. Currently at 1,75mil Shaper DPS. Bosses die quickly no problems with any of them.

Yesterday I did a T15 red Elder. I used my usual boss+minions setup with ruthless and ancestral call. The fight was easy as expected but I didn't manage to save the Shaper.

Today I decided to use my clear setup splash + ancestral call and I easily saved him with with a large margin on his life. I did focus more on the minions rather than on the portals which I'm sure had some impact but without a doubt the usual clear speed setup is better for Elder than any of the DPS setups with ruthless or DOFL.
Weird, I really found the hybrid approach of ancestral call + ruthless to be the most effective. The portals died quickly and the few minions that popped out with them. I tried melee splash and the adds died a little faster but the portals died slower so it was overall actually worse. Maybe my damage was high enough that the portals died so fast with ruthless only like 2 minions popped out?
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Could be... Although the damage difference isn't that large. You have 2,35 compared to my 1,75. Of course the sample of 2 runs isn't large enough so it could also be playstyle variation between the runs.
This was red elder on a T15 map. I guess in a lower zone results could be different, although logic dictates that the lower the zone the better the performance you'll get from splash.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Editado por útlima vez por Aias_o_Telamonios en 27 sept. 2018 18:53:14
Would you be able to provide any insight into what I am doing wrong here, I've followed your guide closely but my DPS isn't even over a million and I only have 7.5k hp, I know the loreweave cuts down on my HP but still, I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, any insights?

https://pastebin.com/gtsru9cZ
"
PsychicMuffin escribió:
"
Camatoo escribió:

Well you have a few big improvements not too far away, as you have no crit multi on amulet, very low crit multi on offhand, also it's adding fire when cold is definitely better for us. Wise oak doesn't do a lot compared to taste of hate or sin's rebirth, you don't have jewels allocated, you don't have a helm enchant, and belly is significantly worse than loreweave or an elder chest, and it's not 6 linked anyway. Also yeah we may leech 500 per hit, but we attack 4 times per second and each attack is 6 hits, so that's 12k leech per second, which is triple the leech cap of a vaal pact 8k life build. Each upgrade is a bit more and before you know it you're leeching 40k per second.
"

I swapped the chest for a 6L shaper. I had a taste of hate on my pathfinder, so that was on the list also.

I know jewels are missing, but in my opinion, nodes are more important than jewel places while still under lvl 90.
What me confuses is, that even on T2 maps the bosses take almost no damage (mostly because missing nodes i suppose) but the leech also feels extremly week. I fought alched T2 arid lake map and couldnt kill the boss before he zerged me down. No hard mods ect. The leech itself felt like a better lifereg. Thats what confuses me. I would say its less than 200 leech per hit.
Could it be because the rapier has more weaponrange and my claw "cant hit" the enemy for the instant leech?

Editado por útlima vez por Camatoo en 28 sept. 2018 4:42:37

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional