[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
Build is still as good as ever. Chin-sol nerf actually opens up new possible crafting options for our single-target bow (if not using frostferno)

Uber elder down, 0 deaths. The slayer overleech and the insane damage u do with a level 21 elemental hit in "just" a +2 bow is enough to tank shaper's beam (and standing in the DoT pools) for a little while.

If anything, blood-rage was killing me more than either elder or shaper were lol.
Grats on the Deathless kill!

"
Is Chin Sol actually better for single target damage than a +3 bow with some Shaper mods on it or just more realistic?
Chin Sol is a nice budget option and players tend to gravitate towards uniques because rares are intimidating. I actually think rare bows are better but high end ones can be very expensive.

"
If i want to do endgame bossing is slayer raider or slayer pathfinder better?
First time im gonna try the build im on hc. Got 6ex to start
This is personal preference but I have been using Pathfinder a lot over Raider these days.

"
I wondering, it's good idea to use the Lioneye's Fall jewel then we take the Soul Raker node ?
This is extremely poor value for the Resolute Technique version of the build. All of the Crit/Multi is wasted and the Leech Amount is simply unnecessary. This build easily reaches the leech amount cap and is more concerned with Leech Rate which is quite a rare stat.

"
Uber Elder down for the first time.

Awesome build, im loving it.
Congrats on the kill!

"
It's great on a budget - 12 Porcupine cards + 2 Shrieking Essences of Rage result in 2 +2 6L Short Bows in under 50c investment. So far it carried me smoothly into red maps.

For softcore I only wish it was quicker, the build is completely useless in a public party where there's Winter Orbs or RF characters.
Those Maloney's Quivers!!! Hahahaha. Thank you for stepping in and answering some questions on this thread! Appreciate it!

"
Love the build. Just wanted to add that you don't actually need the yoke for this build to be viable. I just killed uber elder with a carnage heart instead of a yoke, and the rest of my gear isn't too good either.
Congrats on the kill! Without Yoke at that!

"
+1 Recommend this guide

Playing with a slightly different setup tho (loreweave instead of kaoms with 7,4k life).
The maxres from Loreweave is actually a very rare stat now that Resistance flasks got changed. Cool variation!

"
First time I tried Uber elder was today with this build.

Killed him 2x easy peasy.
Can facetank everything pretty much (T16 maps, Uber guardians, shaper (beam), etc.).

Pretty sure this gets nerfed in the future.
It keeps surviving patches ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"
Provided that we use Pyre ring, Would a level 4 empower be no good? I see it nowhere mentioned here. I have 2 empowers almost to level 3 and hoping one of them gives me a +4

Obviously a +4 empower is ideal but would even a +3 empower be good with this build?
Empower is actually incredible with this build. If you look at how highly I prioritize gem levels throughtout this guide and explain how Gem levels increases base DPS is actually quite huge. In fact, there's a mention in the weapon section about how +2 Support Gems craft is basically +2 to Elemental Hit when you use Empower!

"
The way i fixed the single target damage was equiping a frostferno for single target comp.

6 link in the bow for clearing, frostferno for single target damage.

the damage is enough to clear all content.
Frostferno is a great option for the build. Next time I play Fire Elemental Hit I will probably incorporate this for a single target setup. I like the idea of having a Mirage Archer clearing setup to apply ailments (and still hitting the boss) while I use a Frostferno with Elemental Damage with Attacks - Fire Pen - Elemental Focus for the maximum amount of MORE multipliers!

"
Thinking of making a variation of this build in HC Betrayal (Slayer/Elementalist) and had a couple of questions.

1. Instead of taking Blood Magic, would it be viable to run some auras like Grace/Haste + Enfeeble for defensive utility?

2. Instead of going Vaal Pact, would it be viable to run a stone golem (as 1 of the 2 elementalist golems) and invest in some regen on the tree?

Having difficulty deciding over these two areas of the build at the moment, thanks.
I have never played this build on Hardcore but I like the idea of more defense there. I do want to point out that more life = more defense. Maybe not in the obvious way either, leech amount and leech rate are effected by how much maximum HP you have so while Blood Magic may seem like a huge detractor the huge life nodes behind BM are really what we're after.

"
Do you guys bother balancing wise oak resistances for people that use wise oak?

I have them balanced for my aoe bow, but can't manage to get them balanced for the weapon swap.

My gear is still mostly terrible, and I'm actually short on resistances when I swap to my single target bow, but part of that comes from having a lot of resistances on my main quiver, and no resistances on boots/gloves currently.

I can probably just get some decent boots and a different ring and cap out for both sets of weapons if I don't bother with balancing wise oak resistances.
Triple Balance can be a pain but is totally worth it if you can!

"
Hey im following the guide but i have a little question. In the starter tree you take skill point from the start.. but in the end tree you refunded the first part ( the one attached at the start) how you do that?
Once you have path of the Duelist you can take start from the duelist starting area and take points out of the Scion Starting area via regret orbs.

"
Hey man thank you very much for this build, managed to take down Uber Elder today with this before 2019 (not even close !)
Congrats on the kill!

"
hows does this go against say a champion base?
If I were to go Champion I would probably be concerned with no Slayer Overleech but get more damage since Resolute Technique isn't as necessary. Pretty interesting idea, let me know if you try it! I always like it when people try out different things with the build!

"
I have two question for end-game gear:

number 1:Is it worth to get "hit's cant be evaded" craft in the bow so we can spec out of Resolute Technique?

number 2: what's the best curse on hit to have in rings? I'm running flammability but warlord's mark leech seens nice too.
Hit's cannot be evaded is unable to be rolled on bows.

I really like warlords mark for endurance charges while mapping if you can fit it in.

"
To all the specific gear advice-
I will not look at your profile but encourage others on the thread to help each other out! My in-general gear advice is in the gearing section of this guide but do want to encourage people to experiment and try their own take on the build. Shoutout to Zoxjib again for not only answering questions but providing his take (a faster movespeed) version of the build that sacrifices some life and damage to make the build faster and fit his needs with the build. That kind of innovation (to make the build fit your playstyle) is awesome to see!
Editado por útlima vez por thi3n en 2 ene. 2019 14:58:24
Just crafted this helmet on an Elder base and I think I may have hit the god roll. Was kind of shocked when I saw it.

Don’t look at the enchant lol I’m lvl 90 and can’t seem to find my last trial to do Uber lab. I have 30 offerings trying so far.
Editado por útlima vez por xl_AlbaTr0ss_lx en 2 ene. 2019 21:46:02
I like the build for clearing, 1 shots everything. But bossing is a bit different. Boss DPS is meh and when i tried some t15 tower, everything the boss did 1 shot me. Tips?
"
DecentDanny escribió:
I like the build for clearing, 1 shots everything. But bossing is a bit different. Boss DPS is meh and when i tried some t15 tower, everything the boss did 1 shot me. Tips?

DPS weak? you can kill gardian in less then 4 sek with this
For boss You need vaal grace and quarz flask it will give you
75% spell dodge and 75% attack dodge.

You have bad low IQ gems go farm blood aqueduct get lvl quality gems first Boy)
Editado por útlima vez por real_name_hidden69 en 3 ene. 2019 15:36:15
"
"
DecentDanny escribió:

DPS weak? you can kill gardian in less then 4 sek with this
For boss You need vaal grace and quarz flask it will give you
75% spell dodge and 75% attack dodge.

You have bad low IQ gems go farm blood aqueduct get lvl quality gems first Boy)

I have quartz and vaal grace already. Will level and quality my gems and see if that works. Any other tips?
Used the build for 2 days now and liking it, but boss damage feels a bit low for me.
Clear speed is more than fine, but for example Burial Chambers boss takes around 40 seconds with this setup:

maybe it was already discussed in this thread somewhere, but can anyone explain to me the magic behind elemental hit and the conversion when we use 2 combat focus jewels ?
why do we benefit from pyre and cold to fire in general if we only deal fire damage and have no other sources of elemental damage ?

and if anyone could take a look at my character "LastExileTwentyEighteen" and give tips for improvement, that would be nice as well
"
Arrensen escribió:
maybe it was already discussed in this thread somewhere, but can anyone explain to me the magic behind elemental hit and the conversion when we use 2 combat focus jewels ?
why do we benefit from pyre and cold to fire in general if we only deal fire damage and have no other sources of elemental damage ?

and if anyone could take a look at my character "LastExileTwentyEighteen" and give tips for improvement, that would be nice as well

We use pyre because ele hit rotates through the elements right? So say a basic ele hit does 100 fire dmg than next 100 cold dmg than next 100 electric dmg.

Using the combat jewels makes it so that it always shoots fire no matter what element was selected. Ele hit will always rotate through the elements. So say one of your shots is a cold damage shot. It’s going to change that cold dmg shot to fire which for example is 100 dmg, the pyre ring (since ele hit chose cold) is going to convert 40% of that cold damage (base of 100 to cold dmg). So that single shot is now dealing the base fire damage of 100 + 40 dmg because it chose cold and you have a pyre equipped.

Easiest way to describe it
Editado por útlima vez por xl_AlbaTr0ss_lx en 4 ene. 2019 11:34:05
What jewels are used?
"
xl_AlbaTr0ss_lx escribió:
"
Arrensen escribió:

We use pyre because ele hit rotates through the elements right? So say a basic ele hit does 100 fire dmg than next 100 cold dmg than next 100 electric dmg.

Using the cobalt jewels makes it so that it always shoots fire no matter what element was selected. Ele hit will always rotate through the elements. So say one of your shots is a cold damage shot. It’s going to change that cold dmg shot to fire which for example is 100 dmg, the pyre ring (since ele hit chose cold) is going to convert 40% of that cold damage (base of 100 to cold dmg). So that single shot is now dealing the base fire damage of 100 + 40 dmg because it chose cold and you have a pyre equipped.

Easiest way to describe it

thank you for this easy explanation

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional