[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
jurrasstoil escribió:
@halosralo

You don't pierce with your build, right? That means your Drillneck doesn't do the 50% increased damage against pierced targets. So, you might want to pick up pierce somehow (Piercing Shots for example) or pick Point Blank from the tree and get a Drillneck without a corrupted implicit.

Anyway,
just did my first uber elder of the league. Deathless with 0 close calls really.

https://pastebin.com/msCZLFWH

So, I'd say even with the chin sol nerf, you can still deal some good damage with a decent +3 bow and some of the new veiled/crafted mods.

Overall, the entire build is still viable for all the content and also the new content. For example, I ate a chaos hand slap from It That Fled in a t14 and survived (barely), because 8k hp is 8k hp.
It's still good at everything and neither great nor bad at anything.

I think I just caught that on my build too - using point blank on drillneck with no pierce (unless im mistaken?)

Would you mind going through my profile to check if I made any mistakes as well? So far I'm doing pretty well - doing all guardians, red elder...will try shaper and uber elder soon =)
@Slottm

don't see any issues with your build apart from the Point Blank Drillneck. There is a veiled mod that gives you "Projectiles Pierce an additonal Target" and it can be put on helmets and gloves. That could make the Point Blank Drillneck pretty good as it saves you the Point Blank skillpoint and Point Blank won't interfere with your clear setup.

So, good luck with shaper and uber elder, should probably not have a lot of trouble with either.
"
nixonx escribió:
posted this in the other scion ele hit build thread,

I crafted this, its actually really easy using fossils. It's not perfect, but it cost me 40c in materials.

Put a serrated, corroded, metallic and prismatic fossil into a prime and hit a ilvl82 or lower bow base you want. Might not hit +3 on first attempt, but its quite high and should end up cheaper then master craft/slam.

3 ex in and no +3 I call bullshit.
Second-class poe gamer
Editado por útlima vez por pr13st en 18 dic. 2018 13:54:01
"
jurrasstoil escribió:
@Slottm

don't see any issues with your build apart from the Point Blank Drillneck. There is a veiled mod that gives you "Projectiles Pierce an additonal Target" and it can be put on helmets and gloves. That could make the Point Blank Drillneck pretty good as it saves you the Point Blank skillpoint and Point Blank won't interfere with your clear setup.

So, good luck with shaper and uber elder, should probably not have a lot of trouble with either.

OO sounds good, thank you! I can def use that veiled mod on my helm over the small hp mod I have on there now.
"
pr13st escribió:
2 ex in and no +3 I call bullshit.

First of all, the guy you are quoting got super lucky. That's just how the game works ;)
I think I spent around 150 chaos until I hit +3 with Corroded, Prismatic, Metallic (~10c per attempt when I did it). My mate got it on his 2nd try...

Make sure your bow has an ilvl between 64 and 82 (including those two numbers). You probably know this already, but it cannot be stressed enough.

In regards to what base is best, since some people were asking: I tested both a Thicket and Imperial with the same stats in PoB and the damage was basically identical. I prefer Thicket because it has higher APS and we don't get a lot of attack speed as a scion.
Whether you use Short Bow / Thicket or the one inbetween doesn't matter (apart from colouring) as long as the ilvl is correct.

"
TonysGotBass escribió:
which passive tree do we follow? PoB or the one via link on your build page? thanks in advance LOVE MIRAGE!

1 more thing. i just checked and saw gems were capped in helm. cwtd stays level 1, blood rage level 7, cold snap vaal level 1, and immortal level 3? is this how it should stay?

The generally followed the one at the bottom of the leveling section, take note that the build is flexible and doesn't need to be followed word for word. The gems need to stay a certain level so CWDT procs them. Increasing the CWDT gem will increase the lvl of gems it can proc but also the HP threshold for procs which you don't want. So keep them low so it can proc all 3 gems.

"
Guenselmann escribió:
"
pr13st escribió:
2 ex in and no +3 I call bullshit.

First of all, the guy you are quoting got super lucky. That's just how the game works ;)
I think I spent around 150 chaos until I hit +3 with Corroded, Prismatic, Metallic (~10c per attempt when I did it). My mate got it on his 2nd try...

Make sure your bow has an ilvl between 64 and 82 (including those two numbers). You probably know this already, but it cannot be stressed enough.

In regards to what base is best, since some people were asking: I tested both a Thicket and Imperial with the same stats in PoB and the damage was basically identical. I prefer Thicket because it has higher APS and we don't get a lot of attack speed as a scion.
Whether you use Short Bow / Thicket or the one inbetween doesn't matter (apart from colouring) as long as the ilvl is correct.

Thanks for the confirmation, I guess that the part with "super easy" just grinded my gears a bit. I'd like to say that it is not by far super easy but in fact quite RNG dependent (4 fossil method). 3ex in now btw.
Second-class poe gamer
Editado por útlima vez por pr13st en 18 dic. 2018 13:56:32
Guys I have a question as elemental hit doesnt have a mtx, when I kill mobs they explode shattering blood anywhere but when I watch youtube videos its like they get torched and die, is there anything that enables this or is there any way/gem to remove the gore type effect when mobs die? thank you

like this map : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1dbduHNxlM&t=618s
Editado por útlima vez por Chaavy en 18 dic. 2018 14:02:40
Looks like this thread really took off! I will respond to a lot of the questions below.

"
So I just had a peek at all the veiled mods and the following have sparked my interest:

Prefix:
(73–80)% increased Fire Damage, (21–23)% chance to Ignite
Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate (14–16)% Elemental Resistances
+2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems

Suffix:
(11–13)% increased Attack Speed
Minions have (25–28)% increased Attack Speed, Minions have (25–28)% increased Cast Speed
(10–12)% chance to deal Double Damage

If I look at trade* Attack Speed and Minion Attack Speed seem to stack, so imagine the following bow:

Prefixes:
+1 Gems
+2 Bow Gems
+2 Support Gems
Suffixes:
Multimod
AS
Minion AS with Spiritual Command OR Double Damage

Combined with an Empower 4 this might produce some hefty DPS numbers. I am eagerly awaiting a fix for "Prefixes Cannot Be Changed", which is still bugged after last patch :O
Great post - I think you nailed a lot of the tempting crafts on bows. I think the Delve "Socketed Gems Deal 20% More Damage" should probably be mentioned for desired Prefixes but there is a ton of wiggle room for a godly bow. I'll be updating the In Depth gearing section for weapons to include all the new stuff in 3.4-3.5

"
Thanks for the build mate, as someone who has played PoE since early early beta, this is refreshing to follow, a build that doesn't tell you EXACTLY what to do but gives you enough direction to be able to make good decisions. The best bow build I have used thus far.
Glad you enjoyed it!

"
Quick question... at what point is it safe to grab the Blood Magic passive. I’m currently lvl 59 have both jewels, call of brotherhood/ pyre and about to do my cruel lab to grab slayer. Would it be safe to start grabbing blood magic at this point? I’m 3 points away from Vaal pact and 1 point away from blood magic as well. Thanks
This is personal - but I felt like it was good right around early maps/kitava.

"
How much worse is a short bow or other crafting base than a thicket? At least to start out with if I can craft +3 on it with fossils?
Short bows are great bows. The higher phys damage is really really miniscule since AoF does convert 50% of the base phys but that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the HUGE base damage of elemental hit. You want a high attack speed bow and Short Bows do the trick.

"
You can always search für +3 fire 6L bows the are usually cheaper than the bow level variants

i.e. http://poe.trade/search/enugoyadotakar

@nixonx nice bow ! but you really need to be lucky to hit that only with fossils. usually it is fossil to get +2 and more% and then meta/slam
Great comment and useful link!

"
i went xophs blood crit scion with the notes in the middle this league, for double might of the meek and hopefully soon an unnatural instinct and i am just melting through everything.
was also super lucky, crafted a very very crazy bow with double damage, +2 fire gems, attack speed and ele pen.

also aspect of the spider is rocking, because it slows just everything, even bosses! and it debuffs them to take 5% more damage.
currently at 7300 hp and i am rarely dying to the syndicate on t15/16 maps.

still lots of room to improve my gear.
9500 hp should be possible.
next big upgrade: a good stygian vise and craft aspect of the spide on it (i have 1 charge to craft it, thanks to killing the boss) and switch the gloves to tombfist.

resistances should be no problem, since the notes in the middle give 36% resi to fire, cold and lightning for 3 points, which i did not take yet. (thanks to double might of the meek)

but i have a few questions:
how much fire pen is enough?
i switched to damage on full life in my ae clear bow for ele penetration, since i alrdy have so much (flask, on the tree, combustion support, the bow itself has 18%, eveny more if i go for the enchant that costs an ex.)

also how would you guys procceed on my bow?
try to get double veiled on the bow and go for maybe more double damage chance (i could alrdy craft it if i wanted to, and go for overall 32% chance) together with ele penetration or 60% more fire damage?

thanks for your awesome guide that made me play ele hit and greetings! :)
There are a lot of good non-blood magic versions of the build that can take advantage of auras. Glad you found a version that you like!

"
1 more thing. i just checked and saw gems were capped in helm. cwtd stays level 1, blood rage level 7, cold snap vaal level 1, and immortal level 3? is this how it should stay?
This setup has synergy with applying ailment (chill) and getting "stopped damage over time recently" which is important for arakali. The gems stay low level in order to keep the threshold of damage taken low for the chain of skills to occur.

"
How much worse is a short bow or other crafting base than a thicket? At least to start out with if I can craft +3 on it with fossils?
Short bows are great bows. The higher phys damage is really really miniscule since AoF does convert 50% of the base phys but that's just a drop in the bucket compared to the HUGE base damage of elemental hit. You want a high attack speed bow and Short Bows do the trick.[/quote]

So does that mean to start off we can use the porcupine 6L bow to craft +3 on as a cheaper alternative instead of a thicket/imperial bow? Or do you mean the thicket bow crafted with +3?

Reportar publicación del foro

Reportar cuenta:

Tipo de reporte

Información adicional